Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
 Author
US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:14 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Daisenryaku is a cool series. Merge it with CC and you would have a sweet game.

Daisenryaku

Link

Wiki

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:10 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
At least Schrecken has woken up AND SPOKEN UP. If ever so late…

Sorry, I can’t say that about Tejszd. LSA has been out now for 20 month, and LSA is still not playable. Still Matrix and Tejszd does there best to flog LSA to unsuspected consumers for 50$!

And as they are aware of the problems in LSA, and he STILL sell it and dont fix it, by definition isnt it actually an act of fraud.. ??

Fraud definition: “In criminal law, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual; the related adjective is fraudulent. The specific legal definition varies by legal jurisdiction. Fraud is a crime, and also a civil law violation. Defrauding people or entities of money or valuables is a common purpose of fraud, but there have also been fraudulent "discoveries", e.g., in science, to gain prestige rather than immediate monetary gain.”

Tried resisting but you got me to respond AT_Stalky....

I have been upfront that LSA needs a patch and have posted publicly about that (of course there are way more emails/posts that you can't see). If/when LSA gets its bugs fixed I believe it will be the best CC. Unfortunately I do not understand why it is taking so long and fear the longer it takes that it might be moving from when to if another patch is released....

I have also been upfront that the last TLD/WAR patch while positively adding the new vehicle pathing (mod compatibility between the two was part of a previous patch I believe but is a positive change too) broke campaigns/operations as they can get corrupted.

My position is like Andrew's position; I will support mod makers and or companies/people that are still making CC better. Many of the changes/features in the re-releases I believe are good. I pretty much exclusively mod/play on the re-releases now even with the bugs.... Same way you and many others still keep using CC5 with its bugs.... You do not have to agree with me or buy a re-release but I can believe and play/mod what I want....

Last edited by Tejszd on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:34 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Ultimately Matrix determines what does or doesn't happen as far as patching goes or even new CC games.

Hopefully they can be motivated/shamed into some more patches given the current state of re-releases. But we all are just not hearing or seeing anything from them.

If they do a new CC game, before fixing the previous releases, then people should just post in that game's forum that your not buying it until Matrix fixes the last CC game(s).  Like pvt_Grunt said they are doing this for money and that is what motivates them (as they balance costs and income). So NOT buying the new game might get patches or might make them decide to stop making CC games. Don't know how they would react....

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:26 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Tejszd…

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
If/when LSA gets its bugs fixed I believe it will be the best CC.

If/when the Chernobyl reactor gets its bugs fixed I believe it will be the best nuclear power plant in the world..

Actually as Matrix hasn’t got the bug fixed in a single CC remake to date… So Isn’t that a very big IF and WHEN…

Lets argue that a new patch actually fixes the acute bugs that stop the game today… THEN, what bugs has yet to be discovered as people actually can get further into the game… See what I mean… And as there is virtually no beta testing we are doomed to run into them as well…  

Unfortunately I do not understand why it is taking so long and fear the longer it takes that it might be moving from when to if another patch is released....  

Still it don’t stop you from recommending people to buy the remakes… Even though, as mentioned before, I have some doubts if your really unbiased as your name popes up at several places in all the CC-remakes credit lists.. Hmm…
Just wonder how it comes that you speak of Matrix in “them” form as soon as they are criticized, and as soon as something positive is said about matrix...

My position is like Andrew's position; I will support mod makers and or companies/people that are still making CC better.

Now that’s an evil thing to say. Andrew has actually stopped promoting the remakes, contrary to you mate…
Maybe it’s a bit late, but he sure has woken up..

Many of the changes/features in the re-releases I believe are good.

Hm? when did someone argue against positive changes?

I pretty much exclusively mod/play on the re-releases now even with the bugs....

Hm? Tejszd, I have no issues with your mods and your porting of mods.. Well done.  

Same way you and many others still keep using CC5 with its bugs....

But hey, all bugs in CC5 are known, and we have found ways to live with em, cant say that about the splendid new Matrix CC-remakes can we?

Hopefully they can be motivated/shamed into some more patches given the current state of re-releases. But we all are just not hearing or seeing anything from them.

Wowowow... Do I hear right? Still, you’re the first to promote the remakes as soon as someone is asking… … .. . ….

If they do a new CC game, before fixing the previous releases, then people should just post in that game's forum that your not buying it until Matrix fixes the last CC game(s).

You say that now… after being in all the CC-remakes credit lists….. and just a few weeks back you made buy recommendation of the same defect remakes that your now criticise so strongly…!
I mean, your been the top promoter of the remakes just up to some weeks ago, what has changed so dramatically? CCMT was shit in 2007, it’s still the same shit as it was 2 weeks ago. WaR is bugged, it was that in 2008, it was still bugged a few weeks back.. And LSA, was as miserable 2 weeks ago as its today… What has changed?  

If they do a new CC game, before fixing the previous releases, then people should just post in that game's forum that your not buying it until Matrix fixes the last CC game(s).

Actually mate. Your mates in the Matrix CC-developer team has efficiently silenced the vast majority of the critic of the CC-remakes. And don’t pretend you’re not aware of this.
I and a few others have been vocal about the poor quality of CC-remakes since 2007  and demanded that the game should be fixed (you know, at the same time as you defended and promoted the same). And the developer team has responded by calling me: “piss ant”, “hater”, “idiot”, “goof” and many more names..
That’s the MO of the CC-dev team in handling the demand for getting the product fixed. BTW, that’s the same people who’s name is a bow and beneath you in the CC-remakes credits lists…

/S

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:25 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Seeing is believing.

Based on what I have seen I do not believe Matrix will fix all three re-releases.
They have proven that time and time again.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Chooooo Choooooo

Train%20Wreck%20Back%20Lo%20Res.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  343.83 KB
 Viewed:  843917 Time(s)

Train%20Wreck%20Back%20Lo%20Res.jpg

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:30 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Tejszd

You remember some weeks back when you did one of your usual buy recommendation for the Matrixs CC-remakes?  
I pointed out that as an insider of Matrix you should perhaps consider not making such recommendation as you may be considered biased. Thus not disclose the true state of the product that your marketing for matrix games.You had me sent to train wreck for that and said I attacked you..?

Just click to remind you what I said..
Hidden: 

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
Tejszd You’re an insider of the CC-developer team, or has been, right..

The law:
Your often bashing the law book in peoples heads, when you suspect pirating etc.
I have no idea about the consumer laws in your nation, but here in Europe there are rules how business and there agents may communicate with consumers.

If the person asking is an consumer:
If the consumer/fan would want Matrix games advice about the CC-products im sure he would have gone to matrix forum and asked there. And if an agent at Matrix forum who's wearing a matrix avatar answer him there is nothing wrong with that. As the consumer know that he’s in the dragons den, and the avatar clearly shows who’s talking..  

Fan and consumer sites in general:
This site (CCS) is a consumer side community, where consumers and fans communicate and share information with each others.
The general idea is when a consumer/fan posts here they expect another fan to reply. The fan can then expect the answer to be unbiased.
The fans do not expect a matrix agent camouflaged as a consumer to answer there questions about what to buy or not.

An example:
Tejszd, lets say you had thoughts about buying a special brand of a car, and you wasn’t sure what or not to buy. You might have posted a question about that in a car-forum owned by consumers, right.  Lets say that an undercover agent for that brand answers your question, would that have been what you wanted and expected?
The same thing apply here mate. Please consider that.

Classic examples of an sales pitch and unbiased information:
.LSA--  Probably will become the best CC with another patch...

Grate! The 23:rd patch will fix it all. Another promise from the CC-developer team, I think I buy LSA now. Oh, my mistake, I dint read the fine print “probably”:  that makes all the difference, doesn’t it.

--

Now in hindsight its actually funny.. Haven’t you proven my point?
I mean, where in your buy recommendation did you say your TRUE thoughts about the Matrix Close Combat remakes?

In you buy recommendation to the unsuspecting consumer, why did you exclude this information::

Unfortunately I do not understand why it is taking so long and fear the longer it takes that it might be moving from when to if another patch is released....

I have also been upfront that the last TLD/WAR patch while positively adding the new vehicle pathing (..) [the patch] broke campaigns/operations as they can get corrupted.

Ultimately Matrix determines what does or doesn't happen as far as patching goes or even new CC games.

Tejszd at Matrix games wrote (View Post):
It amazing that these items which are core to playing a campaign or operation in the game have not been dealt with. LSA really can only be played for single battles with these bugs.....

Tejszd at Matrix games wrote (View Post):
And TLD? As it WAR have the same campaign/operation saved game corruption problem....

Link to the last 2 qoutes, (at matrix).

Just as a consumer service Iv taken the liberty to forward your TRUE feelings and thoughts about the remakes to the unsuspecting consumer who you approached:: Link::
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9370
And I have a hard time believing MOOXE will send me to the Train Wreck again just for posting quotes from you..

Tejszd if you feel that its an attack on you, then your own words are an attack on your self, in that case your just suffering from the consequences of a double standard..

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:51 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

You believe CC5 with its bugs is best and recommend it. I believe TLD/WAR with the bugs they have are the best CC and recommend them. Looks and sounds like a double standard on your part as you can do something which you say I can't.

I do not profit in any way from Matrix sales. I volunteered to help test so that I could argue for features I think would improve the game and or want for use in my mod.

I still believe LSA will probably be the best CC, Cathartes thinks this to as he is moving GJS to it, but with the current bugs for me it currently falls behind TLD/WAR, which I'm moving the Meuse mod to. Thus my recommendation for people to get TLD now and LSA later when it gets patched. Even with the current bugs they are a better platform for future CC mods than CC5 with its bugs. The advantage CC5 has right now are the mods already done...

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:00 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

You believe CC5 with its bugs is best and recommend it.
I believe TLD/WAR with the bugs they have are the best CC and recommend them.

Looks and sounds like a double standard on your part as you can do something which you say I can't.

Not really, If I was 1) involved with atomic games and 2) CC5 was still sold your little analogy would hold… Now it's nothing but a fail.

You on the other hand are 1) involved with Matrix games and 2) LSA/WaR/CCMT is still sold. So its a huge difference..
But If you cant feel that difference …  Wink

I do not profit in any way from Matrix sales.

Yeh. People values different things in different ways, and money is not all that matters. I agree.
Some may feel “proud” about having there name in the games credits and that there reason for there loyalty, thats an emotional reward, and the reason why they are biased.
Other people may feel a belonging with the developer team of a game, then that’s a social reward rather then a monetary reward, and thats the reason why they are biased.. .
Etc..  etc etc..

Though my point should be clear from previous posts. Read em again.

I volunteered to help test so that I could argue for features I think would improve the game

Mhhmmmm, According to Matrix you done some testing and more..  

But mate, it’s a well known fact that there is no beta testing of the Matrix CC-remakes:

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Matrix don't want beta testing... Alpha testing at best then ship it to the consumer to send back bug reports which take about 26 months to be acted upon, if at all.

Or are you calling Schrecken a liar?

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Wow, it's a sort of cultural shock for me.

With so many good names in testing/contribution team, how come TLD was so crappy in all aspects when it was released?

What these guys were testing? I just can't find an answer :S.

I actually thought it simply wasn't tested...

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:52 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Just because  the names are in the book doesn't mean that actually happened.

I'm still waiting for a test version that's playable to be delivered.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Ah good point.

/S

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:57 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Quote:
You believe CC5 with its bugs is best and recommend it. I believe TLD/WAR with the bugs they have are the best CC and recommend them. Looks and sounds like a double standard on your part as you can do something which you say I can't.

i agre with tejszd to a large degree.

i think CoI is the best of the series though... and that is what i generally play.... If only the best part of CoI were working the MMCC# servers have been down for months (years?)

I stopped playing CC5 because of the bugs and I've stopped playing LSA because of the bugs... There's too much fun to be had elsewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:14 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Iv tried to move on to the new games, but I had the same experience you and Dima had, the bugs..

So why im sadly back to CC5, is not because of nostalgica, but for that we can still play a full GC in CC5, because the CC5 bugs are so well know, that we can avoid em.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:47 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

No doubt, and this was my experience with Ageod, when I was a beta tester for WIA (BOA 2).

These people were collecting testers in November (I forget the year  Laughing ), the product was to be released the following summer, but the versions I saw right up until release time, couldn't complete even the smallest of campaigns without a stack dump.

It was at this time, that I finally came to the conclusion, that the revenue stream, precluded all other priorities. For instance, I now believe that the Ageod developers un/intentionally broke BOA 1, with a final (legacy patch), to get people to "upgrade" to BOA 2. They quickly removed the last working patch from their site, and to this day, still sell BOA 1, and urge you to patch to the version that breaks the game.

This activity is raw (in your face) MEDIA PIRACY.  It could be Matrix is simply doing kinda the same with the CC series, to encourage sales of the latest game. Perhaps it was their intention to walk users through each iteration of the "engine". If you want the bug fixes, you need to come up with another 50 gui.  Idea

As for Tejszd, he and others like him, made their decisions to join the ranks of the MEDIA PIRATES, to predate the user community at large, creating a senseless purgatory, that has only one goal. SALES  Exclamation

They run with the pirtates, they receive pirate booty and stuff (games/monitors/cash/trinkets/fame/glory), they curry favor, and unlike Cathartes, they have run thier mouths off plenty over the years.

Speaking of Cathartes, there are over 16 pages of posts, and over 33,000 views, of a topic when he thought he would port GJS to TLD. Now he wants to port to LSA, so the purgatory/predation continues.

I cant wait for the next re-release  Exclamation

THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON TEJSZD, MATRIX, OR ANY OTHER MEDIA PIRATE.   Laughing

Last edited by Stwa on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:55 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

My conscripts have more balls than all you little bitches...   Laughing

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:24 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Not Really  Exclamation

I think, everyone just figured out at the same time, to post in the Trainwrecks thread.  Idea

This way, anything you say is already deemed "OFF TOPIC" and innapropriate.  Laughing

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:45 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Your momma

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:29 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

BTW,

My mother died over 20 years ago. Just thought I would mention it.  Idea

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:17 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Quote:
My mother died over 20 years ago. Just thought I would mention it.

Shame gets you early

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Jump to: