Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1258
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
lucifugo

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:49 pm Post subject: Problem to fit squads in building Reply with quote

I discovered close combat series a few days ago and I played, with satisfaction, GJS mod.

The problem arose with Okinawa and Stalingrad mods in wich there are many difficulties to fit my squads (not only  at guns but  infantry also) in buildings. Worse of all, it is very difficult to move squads between buildings and woods. For example, in the last game it was impossible to move out one infantry squad from the building it had  just entered.

Is it my fault? How can I solve this problem that ruins my game?

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:50 pm Post subject: Re: Problem to fit squads in building Reply with quote

Can you specify the Stalingrad maps where you have encountered these problems. Which version of the mod do you play? Have you used any submod or changed the element txt? It is possible you can fit big guns in some buildings but I have never seen (or very rarely) this problem in Stalingrad.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:22 pm Post subject: Re: Problem to fit squads in building Reply with quote

How many men did your squad have having problems fitting buildings in Stal mod?

lucifugo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:48 am Post subject: Re: Problem to fit squads in building Reply with quote

I played Stalingrad ver 1.2 The problem was present with only the main mod installed + the vetmod (I tried with all the submod present in the download section of this site also).  The map was North train station A1. The squads was soviet infantry unit (10 men I think).

I think the problem is caused by the fact that 10 men squads are too large to fit in the tiny rooms in wich the buildings are divided.
It is a pity because It denies to the soviet  player the possibility to use the buildings covers :-(

I wonder if the problem is present only in A1 map or if it generally affects all the stalingrad mod.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:47 am Post subject: Re: Problem to fit squads in building Reply with quote

If you use 10 men squads you see this problem in every Close Combat game with smaller buildings, it is not mod related Wink

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:54 am Post subject: Re: Problem to fit squads in building Reply with quote

CC doesn't really like >7men teams, that's why most mods (and vanilla) have 7men teams maximum.

lucifugo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:20 am Post subject: Re: Problem to fit squads in building Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
CC doesn't really like >7men teams, that's why most mods (and vanilla) have 7men teams maximum.

I didn't know it, it's a pity: 10 men squads was the distinctive mark of sovirt horde army :-(

Is this problem present in CC:COI also?

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:30 pm Post subject: Re: Problem to fit squads in building Reply with quote

Quote:
I didn't know it, it's a pity: 10 men squads was the distinctive mark of sovirt horde army Sad

in Stalingrad times, even paper strength of RA rifle squad was 9men.
Germans had 10-12men squads.

fry30

Rep: 2.3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:26 pm Post subject: Re: Problem to fit squads in building Reply with quote

Buddy, if you are just going to download the Close Combat Series torrent, at least do some research before coming in here and wasting people's time.  Yes, it comes with GJS and Stalingrad, two of the greatest mods ever created for the fifth Close Combat installment.

*But, please, learn the basic mechanics of the game before you make it so painfully obvious that you downloaded an illegal copy of the game.

(How do I know so much about the .iso? Thats for another day... the point is, I would kill for Dima or Manoi to answer some of my more indepth questions about the game. I've owned every copy since I bought the trilogy over a decade ago. These sorts of non-sensical questions kill me when I can tell that theyre coming from some dope who just downloaded the torrent and want answers to the game that can be found all, literally, all over the forum.)

lucifugo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:41 pm Post subject: Re: Problem to fit squads in building Reply with quote

fry30 wrote (View Post):
Buddy, if you are just going to download the Close Combat Series torrent, at least do some research before coming in here and wasting people's time.  Yes, it comes with GJS and Stalingrad, two of the greatest mods ever created for the fifth Close Combat installment.

*But, please, learn the basic mechanics of the game before you make it so painfully obvious that you downloaded an illegal copy of the game.

(How do I know so much about the .iso? Thats for another day... the point is, I would kill for Dima or Manoi to answer some of my more indepth questions about the game. I've owned every copy since I bought the trilogy over a decade ago. These sorts of non-sensical questions kill me when I can tell that theyre coming from some dope who just downloaded the torrent and want answers to the game that can be found all, literally, all over the forum.)

You are not very kind with newbies  Sad

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:31 pm Post subject: Re: Problem to fit squads in building Reply with quote

There is no difference between the questions of someone with the pirated version or real version of the game asking for help. I also do not mind people talking about pirated version of the game here. For many, its the only way to get the game, and for the majority there is no way to buy the original games anymore except 2nd hand. Pirate away!

Yes this problem would be present in COI if there was 10 man teams in it.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

LoneRebel

Rep: 9.8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:54 pm Post subject: Re: Problem to fit squads in building Reply with quote

fry30 wrote (View Post):

Not very polite, are you?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: