Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1271
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
cpt_mravo

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:01 pm Post subject: Grand campaign Russian Map 1 - HELP Reply with quote

Hello!

I have a problem with the very first mission in the grand campaign playing as Russians. Wtf am i supposed to do there? I try to "slow" them down, but i always get massacred by their mechanization.

I couldn't find anything on the net. My best tactic is just to flee the first map from first second.

Has AT infantry (with rifles) any use whatsoever?

Please help me guys.

edit: This should go under RUSSIAN FRONT. *sorry*

Bungarra

Rep: 138.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:59 pm Post subject: Re: Grand campaign Russian Map 1 - HELP Reply with quote

As you know, the game is based historically, meaning the Russians had no warning and their border defences annillated by the surprise attack (Barbarossa)

Take heart though as gradually the tide turns, starting with the Russian winter.

A tip, don't target your AT guns on the enemy as it will expose your position. Doing so will get you dead very quickly.

Put them (cannot remember if there are 2) in a building & let them do their own thing. Experiment

You will get driven back but you can make them pay for their advance.

Remember targeting enemy tanks is not an option.

As you get to know the game you will become a devotee like the rest of us.

We Generals also had to also gain experience first (wink)

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

cpt_mravo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:17 pm Post subject: Re: Grand campaign Russian Map 1 - HELP Reply with quote

Hey, thanks! Yes, i realized that. I was "experimenting" with the first mission alone for 3 days. Today i was able to immobilize a Stug IIIC, couldn't kill the crew though as my HMG ran out of ammo. And i lost only 1 of my men in LG rifle team. A great success. ;)

I have a question though. I couldn't find it anywhere. When is my infantry visible to the opponent? I mean if i issue move order, will they be concealed or they have to sneak all the time?

Now of to mission 2. ;)

BR

Bungarra

Rep: 138.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:15 pm Post subject: Re: Grand campaign Russian Map 1 - HELP Reply with quote

If you run then yes they will be visible & exposed. You can sneak again & eventually they will again be concealed from the enemy. Not as quickly though as the AI unfortunately.

Or if they go out of line of sight eg. behind a hill or behind a building

In the later versions, CC5 for instance you can have a soldier outline as, show cover, or ammo, fatigue etc. Memory not that good on the Russian front if it has it or not.

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:05 pm Post subject: Re: Grand campaign Russian Map 1 - HELP Reply with quote

You can hold the first map as Russia vs AI Germans. Place your game time limit to 18 mins.

The trick is to buy the light AT gun and place it in the small house on the SE corner. (due east of the south bridge at the edge of map)
From that house you get great LOS of German advance.  Place your commander right next to the gun as well as any extra points you have you may be able to get a half team or mg to protect it. This AT gun can kill armor and infantry at long range.

With 3 units you can destroy or disable all the german armor and prevent the infantry from taking all VL's without a retreat. I have used this plan vs human opponents with success as well.

Note: CC3 has all the soldier outlines and status bars, ammo, morale etc.

coigcday1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  319.59 KB
 Viewed:  4648 Time(s)

coigcday1.jpg

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

cpt_mravo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:52 am Post subject: Re: Grand campaign Russian Map 1 - HELP Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

I have soldier outline showing cover. I wasn't sure if it also applies for visibility or just protection against enemy fire. It makes sense. Wink
I think it's there from the first game, for sure it was in CC2.

Sometimes i have a feeling that AI tanks can spot infantry from hill no matter the distance. Or maybe it's just some other infantry group that is hidden from me?

@US_Brake: i will try that one definitely! Wink I guess it's not possible to dismount AT guns and order the crew to flee? Cos' i would like to play fight till the end mode.

BR

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

Jump to: