Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:10 am Post subject: CoI Official Patch v3.60b + Bug Reports Reply with quote

CoI Patch v3.60 Released: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2750055

Direct Download - http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4195

We have a new patch in the works, and the beta is now available in the Members Club. It includes improved Pathfinding along with a few other changes and fixes. Please check it over and let us know how it works for you. Please remember this is a beta, and any feedback is appreciated. You will need to register your game if it is not already. Here is the full change list;

v3.60.00

* EXE fixes

o Pathfinder updates that were made to WaR, TLD and LSA were ported
           into this EXE.
         o Game now exits with a detailed error message if you attempt to play a
           battle where the map is smaller than your current game screen resolution.
           Best fix that could be made in CC3 engine, unfortunately. Error message
           indicates how large a resolution you can use and still play the map in
           question.

* RUTeams.txt

o Entry for the Churchill, description changed "1br" to say "6 Pdr."

* Vehicles.txt

o Jagdpanzer IV to Jagdpanzer IV/70(a)

* Other updates

o Modswap prevents you from running a second instance, and brings the
           first one to the foreground if you try.
         o Updated Launch Menu

Bordic

Rep: 20.8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:09 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Patch v3.60 Released Reply with quote

If possible, I would also like to see a detailed error message about how many maps are still lacking when playing a mod.

And maybe not a CTD when loading a custom operation/scenario/campaign without having swapped the right mod.

Just a window saying "you cannot play it because...", it would be better imo.

Et agere et pati fortiter romanus est

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:25 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Patch v3.60 Released Reply with quote

Who is doing the work for Cross of Iron at Matrix ? Is it one person or a team?

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:51 am Post subject: Re: CoI Patch v3.60 Released Reply with quote

Admin/Mooxe, will you be adding this to the COI downloads?

US_Brake, there is nobody dedicated to COI. If something needs to be done; path finding upgrade and the resolution CTD bug then the 1 programmers and handful of artists/testers split the time between games/releases that have things being done....

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:33 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Patch v3.60 Released Reply with quote

Yes I would not be surprised if that 1 developer is assigned to multiple projects and is not even allowed to be maintenance/updates unless the corporate bosses allow it.  Typical s/w company just looks at profit margins and does not want to spend any $ on labor unless it is for a net new project.  That is probably why the CC re-releases have to rely on unpaid volunteers to do testing/graphics.

Re: the mod swap...it's been years since I last used it on COI.  I tried to install the .exe installer for several mods and got errors.  It won't install properly using the .exe and after I installed the map pack.  Error message was can not install under that directory - even though the plugin appears under the correct folder.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Patch v3.60 Released Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Admin/Mooxe, will you be adding this to the COI downloads?

US_Brake, there is nobody dedicated to COI. If something needs to be done; path finding upgrade and the resolution CTD bug then the 1 programmers and handful of artists/testers split the time between games/releases that have things being done....

Thank You, and all those who help improve COI at Matrix. The players are grateful.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

US_Brake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:49 am Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch v3.60b + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Possible Bug while playing h2h.  I noticed german AT gun crews sometimes stuck in a constant state of moving the gun right and left and refusing all orders, I have seen it while in buildings and normal cover. Its like they tweak out from the very start of game and usually refuse orders but ive seen them fire a few rounds when a tank got close. I didnt notice this type of behavior until I installed the new patch.

note: doesn't happen when playing DOF Mod.

: as of new UPDATE june 2011.  All at guns in stock game german and russian some times do not function correctly. If you dont notice it solo try H2H. You put them in the normal positions with good greeen COVER and then the game starts they are in black COVER spinning back and forth until winded and then fatigued. In one online game all 3 russian guns fatigued in first 4 mins of game then destroyed by Germans. Sometimes I can make them move and they recover. Whatever it is, it need an immediate fix or a  Mod will have to be made to allow guns to be used in stock game. I have never seen this happen ever with CC3 or any CC3 mod or any current COI mods. Just the stock game and since the last two patches has it done this.

fixit.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.41 KB
 Viewed:  8056 Time(s)

fixit.jpg

Last edited by US_Brake on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:36 am Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch v3.60b + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Is this really worth installing, "v3.60 Update Posted: 21 JUN 2011"??. Right now I'm currently using v3.50.01 "official".

I see they haven't even bothered to fix problems reported here at CCS. Is the "AI pathing" really any better?.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:04 am Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch v3.60b + Bug Reports Reply with quote

I always thought CoI pathing was pretty good compared to the CC5 based games  (CC5/WaR/tLD/LSA)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Troll69

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:17 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch v3.60b + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Hello there.

I have a question about what patch install to Cross Of Iron.
I need to install the previous version, the 3.60, or directly the new one 3.60b?

Yesterday I reinstalled COI and then patched it with v3.60b, that weights about 11 MB, but then I realized that using the CrossofIronUpdate.exe in the Support directory of COI (after installing v3.60b), It tells me that there is a new version to download, the v3.60 that weights a lot of more megas than v3.60b, 60 MB.

So, I install first the old patch and then the new one or directly the new patch?

It´s a bit confussing for me, thanks to all replies!

Edit:

I patched it wrong yesterday, after v3.60b I patched with v3.60 then the game showed me an error when I loaded it, then I unistalled and reinstalled all the game and patched it first v3.60 then the new one v.3.60b and the game runs properly.

Maybe it´s not a bug, but I can´t see when I am in game what version of the game I have.
It will be good if the game shows to me, for example, in the main menu in a corner the version that I have.

keyser Soeze

Rep: 0.8

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:42 am Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch v3.60b + Bug Reports Reply with quote

What do the b patch do exactly?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

Jump to: