Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Iron45

Rep: 13.2

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:37 pm Post subject: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Reply with quote

Hi

I'm playing a camapaign H2H and have come across a problem.  The game crashes when trying to play the Platkow map.  On looking in the map pack I see it doesn't exist,  Is there a work around or are the map files available elsewhere.  I've looked in the individual map section but its not there either.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:08 am Post subject: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Reply with quote

I believe that the map is in your maps folder... its just that it does not always load.  There are other BoB maps that exhibit the same symptom.  Again, I believe its something to do with how the trees are coded on some of the maps.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:37 am Post subject: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Reply with quote

Is it my orginal "bugged" version or is it one of several vetmod versions?

Cant recall any chrashes back in 2005 because of the maps, there were a LOT of crashes related to single battles but i dont have the energy to explain 5.00 and 5.01 and reason for single battle crashes over and over again, sorry..

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2885&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Mats

Iron45

Rep: 13.2

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:45 pm Post subject: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.

Tripwire is correct, I could see the map by clicking in the in the Strategic screen but what I couldn't understand was the lack of map files called Platkow in the maps download. Presumably its Platkow in the Strategic screen but another name in the Maps folder, maybe Ps1 etc.

Yes Sapa it is your original 'bugged' version.  First let me take the opportunity to say thankyou very much for your mod.  It must have taken an enormous amount of your time and I for one do appreciate it.

I did read the previous posts about the Dll file and downloaded the one you made available.  Before that we couldn't play H2H but the correct dll file copied into the 'Packages' folder enabled us to do so, thankyou again.  We have played a number of games successfully except for one typical cc5 0.00 time crash.  This map problem was something different.  As well as not been able to open the map H2H I couldn't open it as a solo battle against the AI.  I also found that I couldn't then open maps which I could open before.

Problem solved.  I should have done this scientifically but unfortunately I didn't.  I downloaded and copied all the Maps into the Maps folder again.  I then uninstalled and reinstalled the BoB mod.  It now works fine as a solo player and will hopefully H2H.  Whether the reinstall did the job or the original downlaod was suspect I don't know.  If something similar happens again I'll try and find out and post it here.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks Iron45

Sapa

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:52 pm Post subject: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Reply with quote

Great!  I wish and i had the time and energy to make Berlin 2..

I didnt think that the mod would be that popular when i started back in 2005. It was my first try to make a mod and im am not pleased with it at all! except the great maps by Southern_Land of course (and always).

From what i know now i am sure of that it could be 100 times better Crying or Very sad

Real life has called with family and my fathers illness for years (he passed away this februari) and the work and time it takes to make a mod...i dont know if i ever again will get that energy...

greetings Mats

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:06 am Post subject: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Reply with quote

you need to learn to delegate Mats,  Laughing

Sapa

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:49 am Post subject: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Reply with quote

You are probably right Shane   Smile

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:39 am Post subject: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Reply with quote

find some minions

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Battle of Berlin

Jump to: