Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1260
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
akulla

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:59 pm Post subject: Help 'BoB String Error' Reply with quote

Hallo everybody.

I've a problem. When a friend and I try to start a multiplayer campaig for CC5 Berlin Mod appear the following message: "CC5 String Error" and the game come back to windows. Anyone can help me? Confused

sobibor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone in this forum told me that it's a mod error, but I don't now if the problem has been fixed recently.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sad many times before, in the read me for the mod it says; this has not been tested in multiplayer....

Mats :zzz

akulla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
I have sad many times before, in the read me for the mod it says; this has not been tested in multiplayer....

Thanks for help,but i found error in mod Razz
Sorry fo my english

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Which errors? (except the turret rotations and the white smoke when the vehicles fires allso mentioned in the read me...)

akulla

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
Which errors? (except the turret rotations and the white smoke when the vehicles fires allso mentioned in the read me...)

You think "CC5 String Error" is not error in your's mod Question

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Is CC5 Battle of Berlin Mod the only one with this error, how many mods have you played? One of the reasons you make a read me is that people should read it, but the next time i will skip it because it seems that no one reads it.When i made the mod i made it playable as singleplayer because at that time i only had a 56 modem and didnt like the idea of playiing it on the net....

I was in the work with version 2 but it seems more and more like i should concentrate on other things.It will be nice to see when YOU make any mod for CC5, dont bother to make a read me for it....

We spent almost a year making the maps and the mod without making one single dollar on it! I am sure that SouthernLand really likes to read these kind of opinion.The next project we are working on looks like to be a mod playable for only three persons, WITH a read me....

Mats Sad

akulla

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What with you? 1)For LAN play you not need internet.2)Mod is good and i only needed help.3)Now I know where lain problema with `String Error`.
Sorry if what...
P.S.make still mods for CC5

Sapa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but i am a little tired of the Mulitplayer-Lan error question when i have written about it and people stills asks about it...

Recomend you to play as Germans (hero) against the Russians (recruit) force morale on and timer for 15 minutes and i think you will have a rather nice game even in single player.

I will try to fix it to version 2 but i must admit i really dont now why it doesnt work online.....have you both installed the 5.01 patch? Are you playing on XP or Win98? What is your screen seetings? 800 x 600, 1024 X 768?

Mats Embarassed

akulla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa,I alredy said.I found where laid error with LAN play,and i play now with my friend LAN without 'CC5 String Error' Smile

Recomend you to play as Germans (hero) against the Russians (recruit) force morale on and timer for 15 minutes and i think you will have a rather nice game even in single player.

I can play as German(super super hero),but AI is super super idiot.Try play with friend's that is nice game!!!

P.S: I play now (LAN) as German (normal) v.s. my friend(normal), it is hard Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: