Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1270
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:32 pm Post subject: Pzt vs Mercs: WWWAR! Reply with quote

We're having a team war. The mercs have 4 members on their team and need 2 more dedicated troops.
Sign up only if you can dedicate the time to playing this war and paying close attention to your teams strategy.
This war could last as long as a couple of months, so don't sign up if you don't have the time.

Merc team as of 8/23:
- volksjager
- mooxe
- luft xlegione
- dacman82

If you're interested in fighting with the mercs then sign up here!

Last edited by Pzt_Wruff on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:30 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

revenge is a dish best served cold.

lock and load boys!

espree de corp

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:30 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

well i can play in patches over the course of the period,and would like another chance to inflict a defeat on u.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:38 pm Post subject: well, Reply with quote

that was quick and unexpected lol

lordy, you can be in charge of tactical movements this time.

ps i dont work now, that could be handy no? sure ill find something soon.im really trying hard now on the internet (haha)

espree de corp

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go again. Very Happy

Alright great. That makes 6 for the mercs. You guys are good to go.
You should probably get in contact with Volksjaeger as he seems to be taking initiative for merc team. mooxe made a merc team forum here at CCS so your access will be forthcomming.

Merc team:
- Volksjager
- mooxe
- Luft Xlegione
- dacman82
- Anzac Tack
- Anzac Lord4War

Team Pzt:
- Pzt Wruff (leader)
- Pzt Mac (adjutant)
- Pzt Verboten
- Pzt CommanderNemesis
- Pzt Megadeth
- Pzt Ronson

If either team replaces any players then they must notify the other team.

-------------------------------------------------------

Mercs. Select a team leader asap. I'll get the op file over to you then so your team can study it and select your side.
Let's aim for August 31st/Sept 1st for start date.

This is a UTAH operation. 12 days. Allied invasion.
15 min battles
Morale off
Never act on initiative
4 tank limit (vehicles count as 1/2 tank)

The "3 battles per turn" limit is in effect (players can play max of 3 consecutive battles. Then 3 battles total must be fought by their teammates before that player can fight again).
Basically. For every battle you fight someone else on your team must fight one. No one can fight more than 3 in a row.

We'll be using the "deploy box rule" so that players cannot deploy units in boxes that are not touching their primary deploy. Players can only deploy their units in squares that are touching other deploy boxes either directly (side by side) or diagonally.

EVERYONE. There is a new "CC Ops" ladder comming. Basically a place where teams and individuals will report their ops and GC's.
We're almost finished with the design (1 week) and then we'll be presenting it to the community (doing final tests and a few design tweeks).
This Pzt vs Merc op will be the first op on the new CC Ops ladder. :Cool
As soon as it's ready for public presentation then you (mercs) will be the first to see it. Let's all plan on this war kicking off the new WWWAR Tournaments.

Volksjager_cn

Rep: 47.5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wruff,

I am the contact person for the Merc team. Please send me the op file so that I can distribute it to team members.

Also would like to inform you that there will be a discussion for each strategy moves. Any proposal which can get 3 votes from Merc members will be carried out. No one from Merc team can make the strat moves on his own without consultantion with other team members.

Mooxe, could you add Lord4War and Tack into the Merc team for their access to private forum?

Volksjager out.

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Volksjager.

I'll send the file to you this evening when I'm home from work.
I'll consider you the Merc team leader unless otherwise stated.

As long as your "Vote for strat" format doesn't slow things down then that's great. We can take short pauses for strat decisions to be made every round, but nothing beyond a day.
note: I recommend that your strat is clearly posted in your team forum "Strat" thread so that whoever is fighting next can simply check your forum for the strat moves, pick up the file and fight.

I'll be home in about 4 hours and will get the file right over to you.

We're looking forward to fighting your good team.

Last edited by Pzt_Wruff on Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:41 am Post subject: that was quick lol Reply with quote

good to see we got a team,
i vote lordy runs the strat moves(with the 3 vote rule) as my main peoblem last time was people not clearly understanding objectives(my fault, i said kill all the krouts) and strat moves not done strategically, and not using a BG that could of turned the war.

this time i hope everything is well understood and co ordinated. (yes ill drink less, except if playing Mac, hes fun drunk, cause hes also as drunk JD and coke anybody...in portland oregon.......)

burp

espree de corp

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Accidentally deleted the other thread on this. I meant to lock it so we didnt have confusing crossposting going on... Anyways.............

If lord4war wants to be a team leader I will also do it with him. An OP or GC works best when 2 people, and 2 people only make the strat moves and issue orders. Either both team leaders or 1 team leader with another regular team member. If l4w agrees and the rest of you are ok we'll head up the team.

Vehicle Limit As for the 4 vehicle limit I think its a little retarded. Vehicle limits are not needed when your playing with experienced players, or players that have been issued specific orders. If my opponent is dumb enough to take too many vehicles to a fight then I'll capitilize on that and try and take out as many as possible. You also will have clues on your opponents force composition when you impose limits. This especially has drawbacks when you need mortar and command cars AND tanks.

If each side really thinks they need to impose limits on themselves rather than make sound decisions on thier own, then so be it... I'd like to see what everyone else has to say. Please say your peace.

Rebuilds... It will happen when we lose connection. Are we going to replay that map? Or will we rebuild... Which means just regain terratory gained, do not engage then truce out when youv recaptured your land. Thoughts & Comments?

Full Disclosure What I mean by this is each side can view each others force pools. Not what they have chosen for battle but just the force pool itself. And for support... When doing strat moves and tactical planning 2 people need to look at the GC at the same time, which means they will see what support the other side has taken. Objections?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Volksjager_cn

Rep: 47.5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah,

We got two experienced hands to lead the team. I have no objection to that. Smile

I would go for no tank limits but most people will use less than that.

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add. There will be no reinforcement of BG's allowed in this war.
Both sides will be set on Recruit.

I can't track down Volkjagers email so I'm sending the op file to mooxe right now (mooxe@hotmail.com). He'll distribute the file to the merc team.
Take your time observing the file. Let us know what side you decide to go with.
It would be nice to know some time this weekend so that we all have a few days to plan a strategy once we know what side we'll be fighting with.

A couple points that mooxe had mentioned:

Limits: I don't mind playing with limits, but I don't think that playing without limits will sacrifice a great deal of the balance of this op. I won't argue if everyone decides to vote no on limits.

There isn't a whole lot of armor in this operation. Though remember that this isn't a stock GC, so teams can't just plug holes with all their many reserves if a "no limit" fubar occurs. Just a heads-up.

We must decide before the mercs choose what side they want.
Let's close voting on this in 24 hours from the time of this post.
I vote for limits.

Crashed Battles:
I prefer re-fighting them. It's part of the game and rebuilding battles and results is a pain in the ass imo.
If a battle does crash at times end then check to see if the file auto-saved.
Every time Utah has crashed on me at times end the file has saved.

Full Disclosure:
There's no way to truly keep people from looking at the file.
It's fair all the way around to just not put any rules on what people look at with the file. If we don't make the law then people can't break it. I'm more comfortable KNOWING that the other team has full disclosure rather than wondering if they've snuck a peak. You can look at my BG and force pool too.
Look all you want I say. No matter.

Pzt_Verboten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for armour llimts and full disclosure, for all the reasons Wruff pointed out. It's just too damn hard to police anyone taking a look at your force pool.

Verboten

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellas,

Heres my votes:-

Armour limit:- No limit it makes it far easier to pick forces, specially if you got things like mortar 1/2 tracks and command cars in the force pools, also you can't slip up and choose a wrong BG. Its up to each player to choose his fighting team carefully, if you are attacking a big map that extra scout car might just be handy, and if you are planning a holding defence you could just rely on your guns and infantry using the terrian wisely.

Crashed Battles:- refight them if we can I have also had the same as Wruff in that end crashes have auto saved, so to repeat him check first.

Disclosure:- Might as well, everyone knows how to look at enemy forcepools, so I see no reason to make a rule thats almost impossible to enforce. Just as well have everything out in the open, support designation too.

Looking forward to the operation, reckon this will be a lot of fun.

Cheers

Pzt_Ronson

PS Tack no need to take it THIS seriously Laughing

Quote:
yes ill drink less,

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:45 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

man i dont want to do strat moves,i dont want to follow that closely.
just turn up to a battle with objectives and do it,and hassle u slackers to carry ur weight.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:48 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

he meant drink less whilst playing Ronson

Pzt_CommanderNemesis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for the tank/ vehiclae limet that has been previously stated. This way you have a better all around force pool. Twisted Evil

Nemesis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

l4w.. ok...

I'll give the strat move orders with another teammate and anyone can conduct them. I am online most every day and issuing orders should not delay the game.

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

if u need any neutral Referre i'm your men, have fun and gl all

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Merc Team final...

MOOXE - Team Captain
ANZAC_Tack
ANZAC_Lord4war
[2ndRB]1Lt.sickf1
Dacman82
Luft_XLegione
Volksjager_cn

- I will decide on strat moves with any team member that is present.
- Strat moves can be conducted by any team member

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be resolved...

- Vehicle limit

- AT_Dima told me theres a bug in the game. Open topped vehicles cannot be harmed by small arms. He said he get a patch out this weekend for us. PZT do you want to wait on this or go ahead with Utah as is?

Pzt_XLegione

Rep: 20.1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Aussies welcome in the Merc team,

Our team is similar to the Legion Etranges (I don't know the French, sorry) .

2 Aussie
1 Italian (myself)
1 Canadian (Mooxe)
3 Americans

Will be a pleasure to fight with you Razz

Strength and honor

Luft_XLegione

P.S.

Have patience with me about my english Wink

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: