Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:35 pm Post subject: requisting a video in how to assault with success Reply with quote

Reason for requesting, is that I have now played the same operation from both sides (German and Allied), an operation called Exploring The Gap, in CC5 GJS TRSM 982.

When I have played as the Germans, being on the initial defending side, it has been really easy to inflict heavy casualties upon the attacking allied units, however, when I my self has played the attacking allied side, it has been really difficult to 1) advancing and 2) reduce casualties.

I know that in order to assault with effectiveness, I need overwhelming force, suppressive fire, smoke, short and clear assault-objectives, however, it is not always so easy to pick a terrain that meet those ideal demands, like for instance when I have entered a new map, already being defended by a German BG, then just getting somewhere, without being shot to pieces, has in fact been really difficult. Challenging and fun, but difficult.

So I am probably not that skilled in attacking, yet, like other new h2h players aren't too, therefore it could be great if any of the experienced players could show in a video, how to perform an effective assault in h2h-play, GJS TRSM 982. Especially on closed maps, like Lingveres, Tilly Sur Seulles, Villers-Bocage and Juvigny. Maps like those.

I tried in operation Jupiter to play as the allies, and in one of the maps in that operation there is in fact room to manoeuvre with allied vehicles and tanks. However, so many other maps in this great mod, have a majority of dense and closed terrain.

Any video tips would be appreciated.

I have read many AARS out there, but apparently it hasn't helped me in all situations yet, so any video would be appreciated and helpful.

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:05 am Post subject: Re: requisting a video in how to assault with success Reply with quote

Schreck's your man for this. He has produced videos of games on WaR maps. Can't remember where they are hosted though.

Have you tried a more stealthy, indirect approach to your attacks?

CC_CO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 pm Post subject: Re: requisting a video in how to assault with success Reply with quote

Yes I have, however, it cannot be used in all situations. at least not with my present knowledge of the game.

DasHoff

Rep: 13.8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:13 am Post subject: Re: requisting a video in how to assault with success Reply with quote

you can't use overwhelming numbers (a basic requirement for most attacks IRL) in any CC game except cc3/coi, because of the stupid way the whole unit selection thing works. it simply isn't possible to have more teams than the germans, because everybody gets to fill up all their slots. you can have more tanks i guess, but that means you have less infantry. even in LSA, where you can attack a square with 2 BGs, this doesn't let you bring more troops to the battle. this is one thing i've always hated in every single cc game (except as mentioned before cc3/coi, where because of the point system you get plenty of instances where you can only have a handful of teams)

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:14 am Post subject: Re: requisting a video in how to assault with success Reply with quote

Well perhaps not in the bigger picture is it possible to use overwhelming force in terms of amount of units, however, in terms of firepower, or mobility I do think it is possible. Locally it is possible though, to make use of overwhelming amount of units. Especially in those battles where the attacker deceive the defender.

Perhaps Panthers in the Fog will implement new features in regard to numerical superiority?

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:01 am Post subject: Re: requisting a video in how to assault with success Reply with quote

Quote:
you can't use overwhelming numbers (a basic requirement for most attacks IRL) in any CC game except cc3/coi, because of the stupid way the whole unit selection thing works. it simply isn't possible to have more teams than the germans, because everybody gets to fill up all their slots. you can have more tanks i guess, but that means you have less infantry. even in LSA, where you can attack a square with 2 BGs, this doesn't let you bring more troops to the battle. this is one thing i've always hated in every single cc game (except as mentioned before cc3/coi, where because of the point system you get plenty of instances where you can only have a handful of teams)

1) you can always concentrate more teams than opponent on the spearhead of your attack.
2) point system sux - CC evolution (CC2-CC5) clearly shows that.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: requisting a video in how to assault with success Reply with quote

see a couple here

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1945246
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:38 am Post subject: Re: requisting a video in how to assault with success Reply with quote

Thanks schrecken

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: