Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 Author
tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:24 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

please let this tread END

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:00 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

please let this thread END -tigercub

That's not going to happen.  Laughing

Maybe Stalky could show up at the Mission and speak about the evil Martin Luther.  Exclamation  Laughing  Arrow

Link

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:48 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

The main problem in multicultural Sweden, is determining what to do with the Swedes.

These people will put their institutions to much better use. Remind them that Bjorn and Agnetha are divorced.  Laughing  Arrow

Link

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:09 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

OMG - LOOK  Exclamation

Stalky, you need to get over here quick, and explain to these people that the Nazis were Christians.

I highly recommend this church. Take a year off. Make it a sabbatical.  Arrow

Link

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:16 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Last time I talked to God he said he put Close Combat players on his A list right up with the Jews.  Laughing

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:46 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Last time I talked to God he said he put Close Combat players on his A list right up with the Jews. -US_Brake

Hey Brake  Exclamation  Tell these guys. Maybe they talk to God as well.  Question   Arrow

Link

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:06 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Maybe Stalky could show up at the Mission and speak about the evil Martin Luther.

Link

Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

You crack me up Stwa

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:50 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

For anyone else with the inside track - like Brake ...

I strongly suggest the following church/synagogue.  Arrow

Link

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:05 am Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

tigercub wrote (View Post):
please let this thread END

SORRY

THIS THREAD WILL NEVER END........

WELL......,

AT LEAST.........,

NOT UNTIL...........,

AFTER.............,

THE PAROUSIA

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:19 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

But if a sinful woman came and licked and kissed my feet, I would be tempted to let here carry on … -AT_Stalky

Shouldn't have to look far. After all, Sweden has the most advanced society in the world.  Arrow

Link

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:43 pm Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Shouldn't have to look far. After all, Sweden has the most advanced society in the world.  Arrow

[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuZUY6v28bw&playnext=1&list=PL3B3C74DEDBFE7793&feature=results_video[/youtube]  

Good ol' Stalky wants to get Christianity out of Sweden

Unless he is following his Fuhrer's idea and reinstalling the old Nordic religion
(Woden, Thor, Loki and the gang) to fill the religious vacuum......

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Oh my Stalky, you realy need to get rid of Christianity.........

FAST...............,

just to make room for Islam  Wink

Do not forget to buy prayer-mats and Burkas for your grandchildren  Very Happy  

Guess your funeral will be conducted at a Mosque, eh?  

Laughing      Laughing     Laughing     Laughing     Laughing     Laughing     Laughing

RIP

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

LoneRebel

Rep: 9.8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:41 pm Post subject: Re: amiable religious discussion Reply with quote

Well, AGS, it seems I may have misjudged you. Still, there are some points I would like to discuss.

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
You appear uncertain as the phrase "pretty sure" implies an element of doubt  Wink

I believe I'm Catholic. It's just that certain other people may not think so. Past a certain point, I don't let their opinions bother me too much.

Quote:
Here is an analogy to consider

We'll use 100% pure H2O (tubig) to represent 100% TRUTH, a metaphore

Now, water is a primary element essential for life.
Nobody can live without it, it keeps you alive

Now back to anology

Water can have impurities in it, that wont kill you if you drink it.

Likewise, some religions (particurlaler various Christian denominations) may have false doctrines mixed in with their Truth, that wont disqualify you from eternal salvation

Lemonade is also clear like water and tastes good.

Some churches have a little bit of sweet mistruth (lemonade) mixed with the Truth.

Some people choose a church because their doctrines suit their personal tatstes.
They dont lose Salvation, but they may not be as spiritually healthy as others.

Vodka is also clear like water and makes you feel good.

Some churches have a little bit of feelgood mistruth (vodka) mixed in with the Truth.

Some people choose a church because their doctrines make them feel good.
They dont lose Salvation, but they may not be as spiritually healthy as others.

Then, lets us imagine a glass of water that is 99% pure H2O, but has 1% (a few drops) of cyanide or some other highly toxic poison.

You drink that and your dead.

This describes some Christian cult religions which deny essential truths required to lead to eternal salvation, thus their teaching ultimately will lead people to eternal spiritual death  Sad
So, it can be a very small bit of unTruth that can be eternally fatal!

No single denomination has the perfect mix of Theology, Doctirne and Practices.

No single Church is perfect, certainly not even mine

That will do

Now i will just reaffirm your point, there are elements of truth in all religions

This is a good analogy; I guess I can agree with it.

Quote:
You should just say:

Maraming maraming Salamat Po Dios, kasi, Mahal ng Dios ang Pilipinas

Before i go on, i want to say that one of the reasons i love the Philippines is because it is a Christian country and has not degenerated into a secular society........, yet

There is religious freedom of expression in the Philippines............., even for christians

.........insert picture of jeepney displaying a large, loud christian slogan here............

The Philippines is the last country in the world to hold out against divorce.

Thanks, I guess. However, if I had my way, the Philippines would not be holding out against divorce. Do you not believe that there are any grounds at all where divorce is justified? If the husband was beating the wife to the point of death, what would you want to be done in that situation?

Yes, I'm fully aware that there is annulment; however, annulment is very expensive, and therefore, only the rich can afford it. If only the rich can end their marriages but the poor can't, this is unjust.

And now I'll get to my main point. The Spanish colonization of the Philippines was immoral, as any form of imperialism is. They brought Christianity to us, which I'm sure you think is a good thing. But in the process, we Filipinos lost something else. During their rule, the Spaniards erased much of our indigenous culture, and replaced it with their own (and yes, with Christianity). You might not see anything wrong with this. If you don't, I think that will be a problem. I am somewhat eager to see what your answer to this will be.

Also, your statement seemed to imply that you would love the Philippines less if it moved in a more secular direction.  Wink

Quote:
Here in Australia, the Secular institution called "political correctness" forbids people from some forms of public expressions of Christian faith because it may offend the muslim minority  Rolling Eyes
(Politcal Correctness = Minority Rule)

I think you can say this so easily because you're in the majority. If you were a member of a minority group, would you still think this way?

Quote:
No, i only asked if he was, because his tone of writing seemed to imply a "moral superiority, so i simply asked a question in order to increase knowledge and understanding, that is all

That's what I meant. You thought he might be koori because his tone seemed to imply a "moral superiority".

Quote:
To take an atheistic moral perspective, the native fauna that were here before the Koori, would have a moral superiority over the Koori, because they were here before the koori.
Thus making the Koori "illegal immigrants" because, the animals never invited them, nor did they give them permission, let alone an aslyum visa.

Or, as you so elegantly/eloquently put it, the indigenous fauna must have a feeling of moral superiority towards  Koori, because of the centuries of mistreatment they received at the hands of the Koori, who, just for their own selfish benfit, killed and ate them Shocked

At this point i must point out that the British settlers never ate the Koori!
This makes them morally superior invaders over the Koori as we did not eat the previous land owners like they did.

LoneRebel wrote (View Post):
In the end, the fact we can't get away from is that you may not be an "immigrant", but your ancestors were. And your ancestors mistreated the Aborigines and took their land away from them.

In the end, the fact we can't get away from is that; the Koori may not be "immigrants", but their ancestors were.and their ancestors mistreated the indigenous landowners s and took their land away from them and ate them.

If all non-Koori had to leave because the Koori were here 1st, as a spokeperson for the indigenous fauna, i think the Koori should go to  Razz

Now, now. That is a straw man argument.  Wink Animals don't count. After all, the Bible tells us that we must take dominion over them.  Wink  The Aborigines were the first humans in Australia; that is what I meant. Of course, you knew that.

More to the point, every single human culture in history has eaten meat. Since humans are relative newcomers on the planetary stage, I guess we can say that almost every species of animal has come before us. In that case, shouldn't Europeans (whites) leave Europe too? Only they have nowhere to go, if we use your argument.  Wink

LoneRebel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:59 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Quote:
We dont want/need islamic influene on our western (Christian) society.

But my point is, why did you say this in the first place? Although your other statements seem otherwise, this particular statement, I'm sorry to say, makes you seem like one of those anti-multiculturalist, if not outright racist, whites. If that is the case, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to see eye to eye with you on this particular subject.

There, I used the "R" word.  Laughing I notice a disturbing "reverse political correctness" in the West today, where people are not allowed to say something is racist, even when it obviously is, and whenever nonwhites complain about racism they're told to "grow up", "lighten up", "can't you take a joke?" and so on. I find this disturbing, just as disturbing as the fact that Westerners love to claim Christianity as a Western religion, despite the fact that Jesus himself was not European, and that nonwhite Christians will soon outnumber white Christians, if they don't already.  Rolling Eyes

While you certainly don't seem to be a card-carrying skinhead neo-Nazi, racism can take many forms. More insidious than the neo-Nazis (who are too obvious, really) is the sort of racism where a white person is perfectly willing to accept and befriend nonwhites, but only if they follow Western norms. They don't necessarily have any appreciation for non-Western cultures (or religions). This is why I'm eager to see your response to my observation that when the Spanish Christianized the Filipinos, they also destroyed much of our culture. I'm wondering if you'll say that it was no great loss. Laughing   

Filipinos are not really the best people to bolster one's multiculturalist cred with, as we are quite Westernized.  Very Happy

Long story short, you really need to cut down on all the anti-Islamic stuff. That's my advice. When you talk like that, you sound uncomfortably like Rush Limbaugh or Michael Savage, or their counterparts in Europe.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:10 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Multiculturalism in Sweden is a sham. Since Muslims are already there, let them deal with it.

Sweden Demographics

First off, the numbers are way too light, and they have the proportion of whites to non whites backwards. To the Swedes, multiculturalism is just a sorry form of mental masturbation, a touchy feel good kind of thing.

There are a lot of cultures on the planet, and most of them are no where near Sweden.  Arrow  

Link

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Long story short, you really need to cut down on all the anti-Islamic stuff. -Lone Rebel

But my point is, why did you say this in the first place? Although your other statements seem otherwise, this particular statement, I'm sorry to say, makes you seem like one of those []multiculturalist, if not outright racist, [non-]whites. If that is the case, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to see eye to eye with you on this particular subject. -Lone Rebel

Some people just don't like white Westerners by default, so they need a heavy infusion of gospel.  Arrow

Link

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

They [white Westerners] don't necessarily have any appreciation for non-Western cultures (or religions). -LoneRebel

Human Sacrifice

Religion is a deeply personal thing. So, the notion that someone might be for or against a particular religion shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Here is a non-Western culture, that I am sure everyone will appreciate. Sorry, I couldn't find any contemporary video for this.   Arrow  

Link

Last edited by Stwa on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:55 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

I notice a disturbing "reverse political correctness" in the West today, where people are not allowed to say something is racist, even when it obviously is, and whenever nonwhites complain about racism they're told to "grow up", "lighten up", "can't you take a joke?" and so on. -LoneRebel

Some people declare any white individual, group, or affiliation to be racists, no matter what they say. It's the new face of racism.  Arrow

Link

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:15 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Painful to watch Mitt Romney on stump speech.  Romney is the most fraudulent politician in the history of politics.  Pizz in wind...always tries to be on both sides of the issue, sometimes changing positions the next day depending on what audience he is pitching to.  

And yes...it is coded racism, take your HATE back to CHICAGO.  They call it dog whistle politics.  Romney is trying to incite that large contingent that is overtly racist. Also he makes jokes about Global Warming like it is funny or some global world liberal intellectual elitist conspiracy.  And then he said Obama is not one of us...you don't have to ask me where my Birth Certificate is, Romney thought that was funny too.  We get it.  Coded racist messaging to pander towards that faction.
How many times do they keep saying he is the Food Stamp President.  How many times do they spread lies about Obama making Welfare easier...despite the fact the GOP governor's were the ones that asked he revise the policies to give states more flexibility.

Now lemme guess...Mitt Romney and McCain say would should go invade Libya, Egypt, Syria, and Iran simutaneously...and go back to Iraq again and stay there for 100 years.  Anything to line the pockets of their Big $ sponsors.  What a fraud.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

LoneRebel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:30 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Wow, Stwa. This may come as a surprise to you, but not every person on this forum is white. Shocking as it may seem, some of us Third Worlders actually do have PCs and Internet connections.

Quote:
Long story short, you really need to cut down on all the anti-Islamic stuff. -Lone Rebel

But my point is, why did you say this in the first place? Although your other statements seem otherwise, this particular statement, I'm sorry to say, makes you seem like one of those []multiculturalist, if not outright racist, [non-]whites. If that is the case, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to see eye to eye with you on this particular subject. -Lone Rebel

Wait...so I'm an anti-white racist because I advised AGS to cut down on his anti-Islamic statements? Does not compute...  Rolling Eyes

I have no idea why you changed what I wrote from "anti-multiculturalist" to "multiculturalist" and "whites" to "non-whites". If you were trying to make a point, I think you didn't do too well.  Very Happy

Implying that multiculturalism is equivalent to racism against whites is, to use the modern term, an epic fail. Don't tell me - you're one of those people who believe that the white race is being "diluted" by the Muslim hordes! Madre de Dios!  Razz

It seems to me that you will only accept non-whites if they're Christian. Sad...  Sad

Quote:
Religion is a deeply personal thing. So, the notion that someone might be for or against a particular religion shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Since you know that religion is a deeply personal thing, maybe you should respect other people's religions? Unless you deliberately set out to offend them? Just saying...

Quote:
Here is a Western culture, that I am sure everyone will appreciate. Sorry, I couldn't find any contemporary video for this.

Don't you mean "non-Western culture?"  Laughing

I hope you don't think that all non-Western cultures are human-sacrificing savages. Perpetuating the image of whites as ignoramuses whose only idea of non-Westerners is stereotypes...not good.  Wink

Oh, by the way...my homeboys Tacitus, Livy, and Julius Caesar (you may have heard of him) inform me that the Celts and the Germanic tribes practiced human sacrifice too.  Laughing  Laughing  Twisted Evil

Stwa, read dj's post. You might learn something...if you're willing to be educated. We have a saying in the Philippines that translates to "The hardest people to wake up are the ones who are pretending to be asleep."  Laughing

dj wrote (View Post):
Also he makes jokes about Global Warming like it is funny or some global world liberal intellectual elitist conspiracy.  And then he said Obama is not one of us...you don't have to ask me where my Birth Certificate is, Romney thought that was funny too.  We get it.  Coded racist messaging to pander towards that faction.
How many times do they keep saying he is the Food Stamp President.  How many times do they spread lies about Obama making Welfare easier...despite the fact the GOP governor's were the ones that asked he revise the policies to give states more flexibility

dj, I have always thought that "nonwhite Republican" is one of the biggest oxymorons of all time (and I have relatives in the US who are Republican). It's sad, really. The GOP can try to hide it, but we all know what they mean when they try to cast doubt on Obama's citizenship, his religion, his affiliation with Rev. Wright, and of course, food stamps and welfare. We get it.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:00 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

And yes...it is coded racism, take your HATE back to CHICAGO.  They call it dog whistle politics. -dj

Bueno.  Exclamation  Now, what do you see/hear in this video. Question  

Hint, go on the subtitles.  Arrow

Link

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Jump to: