Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1248
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
MG422

Rep: 6.8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 am Post subject: Preview of the game on Armchair General.com/Release Date Reply with quote

Just saw on armchairgeneral.com preview of the game, talks about same issues and positives of previous versions.  

Anybody know if the release date is still 11/19/2012?

Can we download it and get the CD as well?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:55 am Post subject: Re: Preview of the game on Armchair General.com/Release Date Reply with quote

Link?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:02 am Post subject: Re: Preview of the game on Armchair General.com/Release Date Reply with quote

Come on mooxe, your not getting any younger buddy...  Laughing  Arrow

Panthers in the Fog at Armchair General

And before everyone starts whining about the price, I wanted to mention that I paid 40 bucks for CC5 when it first came out. Saw it at COMPUSA and couldn't resist.

Reveiw doesn't really say much that we don't already know.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:46 am Post subject: Re: Preview of the game on Armchair General.com/Release Date Reply with quote

Here is another game that just released from Matrix.  Arrow

Commander - The Great War

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 pm Post subject: Re: Preview of the game on Armchair General.com/Release Date Reply with quote

OY !     :)

The game offers beautiful top-down graphics and engaging game play with very high replay value and a short learning curve. On the downside, AI is very weak on the offense, players cannot accelerate time or save mid-tactical battle. Maps are sometimes too big for the small number of units allowed.

For the long campaign the game aims for historical accuracy rather than balanced game play, meaning that at the start, the American player will be facing panzers with scout cars and infantry. Later in the campaign it is the Germans that will be facing massed Sherman tanks against a few Panthers. But this may the most fun element of the game, as it is a real challenge to win these scenarios.

Matrix Games claims that: "For the last time, the classic sprite and 2D artwork engine is used." If so, then it certainly is the apex of that technology and, combined with the new 32-bit graphics, a Close Combat game has never looked better. A newly added feature is fog. A kind of haze hangs over the battlefield in the morning and affects range of view. Panthers really do just emerge from the fog. The sound effects are better than serviceable, with rifle shots and machineguns sounding different from each other

The AI is the second most frustrating element of the game. When on the offensive it is weak. It seems unable to co-ordinate attacks or even pursue any logically aggressive action. This means the human player on defense is almost certain to prevail unless horribly outnumbered or out-gunned. In those cases the AI merely swamps the defending player with superior combat power. On the defense, these problems with the AI are much less apparent.

To sum up, Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is a good but not great game, much like its predecessors in the series. The new features of fog, mounting infantry and towing are interesting and enhance play. For fans of the series, this is a must have. For others, the $39.99 price tag might just be a little much.

Really well written..  For the full article visit the link *

__Creeper__

Rep: 54.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:44 pm Post subject: Re: Preview of the game on Armchair General.com/Release Date Reply with quote

Maps too big for the # of units?

The active roster that you bring to battle is now 21 right?  or is it still 15.

Can I select my 21/15 units or are they just given to me like the original CCIV BotB

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: Preview of the game on Armchair General.com/Release Date Reply with quote

__Creeper__ wrote (View Post):
Maps too big for the # of units?

The active roster that you bring to battle is now 21 right?  or is it still 15.

Can I select my 21/15 units or are they just given to me like the original CCIV BotB

The number of units depends on the BG. There are company and battallion size units with different # of units.
You can select the first 2 platoons in fixed groups which depend on the BG type (Arm, inf or recon), the third platoon (support) units are selected individually.
It is unlike either CC4 or CC5, it is in between. There are no points like LSA

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:42 pm Post subject: Re: Preview of the game on Armchair General.com/Release Date Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):

You can select the first 2 platoons in fixed groups which depend on the BG type (Arm, inf or recon), the third platoon (support) units are selected individually.

I don't have the game, but from what you've described:
in my opinion, the best selection method ... and is one reason I'd consider buying it

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

Jump to: