Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
omnimirage

Rep: 3.7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:23 am Post subject: Recommend Me A CC Game Reply with quote

I went to go play CC2 again, and discovered that LSA had been released. I haven't been able to get into LSA, frankly CC2 seems better. I like playing as the Germans, but the Allied AI is a little bit ridiculous, it barely even attacks! And accepts truces when it has a clear edge in situations where it's paramount to advance! And most of the time I'm sitting around waiting for them to actually advance. I was hoping to find a German Vet mod, but had no luck.

I haven't played it for long, perhaps it'll get better. Anyone wanna recommend what to do? I almost just reinstalled CC2 again.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:21 am Post subject: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Reply with quote

Make sure that you;
- have applied the beta patch CC-LastStandArnhem-Update-v56053b.exe
- are playing as the Allies as it is their job to attack (in CC releases the AI has always done a better job defending)
- are playing as Elite or Veteran and the AI is Recruit

The game will get more intense later as your BG's get weaker and you have less to attack or defend with. Every man you carry over to the next battle might be the difference....

Alberian

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:06 pm Post subject: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Reply with quote

omnimirage wrote (View Post):
I went to go play CC2 again, and discovered that LSA had been released. I haven't been able to get into LSA, frankly CC2 seems better. I like playing as the Germans, but the Allied AI is a little bit ridiculous, it barely even attacks! And accepts truces when it has a clear edge in situations where it's paramount to advance! And most of the time I'm sitting around waiting for them to actually advance. I was hoping to find a German Vet mod, but had no luck.

I haven't played it for long, perhaps it'll get better. Anyone wanna recommend what to do? I almost just reinstalled CC2 again.

I really don't understand the mind of people playing vs. Artificial 'Intelligence'.

There is absolutely no challenge in fighting the AI (in most games and certainly not) in Close Combat. Gentlemen no matter what CC version you play, the AI will suck! Get over it.

Luckily this does not pose a problem at all since these days it is possible to play CC Human to human. Since this technological breaktrough called the internet there is really no reason left to 'play' against a computer. (other then testing purposes.)

The only right recommendation for omnimirage therefore is: Stop wasting your life with pointlessly shooting wave after wave of cannon fodder and instead start playing a challenging CC game against a human opponent. To be able to do this you only need Gameranger and need to install CC5 in combination with the modifications gjs and trsm found on this website.

Kind regards,

Alberian

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:29 pm Post subject: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Reply with quote

If you are playing CC2... make the AI 'Very Strong' and you 'normal' or less in the Custom Scenario before you start.

If you are playing CC5... try Stalingrad Der Kessel or Operation Circle as Germans.
You can also tinker with the settings to make the AI more competitive in other mods.
Stalingrad is a fun one as Germans.

Lately I have been enjoying regular Stalingrad (with Real Vlad sub-mod), GJS with Allied vetmods, Karelia-2, and Operation Circle.  Cool

Alot of fun playing the smaller Operations too.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:23 am Post subject: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Reply with quote

+1 for not playing against AI
H2H is worlds better, install cc5 or above and join the fight on game ranger.

imho... good old cc5 is still best version, matrix are hopeless

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:52 am Post subject: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Reply with quote

mikwarleo wrote (View Post):
+1 for not playing against AI
H2H is worlds better, install cc5 or above and join the fight on game ranger.

imho... good old cc5 is still best version, matrix are hopeless

imho cc5 is that pink fluffy toy in your avatar (except it's not fighting off the mutt, secretly its enjoying it)

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:01 am Post subject: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Reply with quote

that pink fluffy toy symbolises my opponents ;)

whats better than cc5 iyho?

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:47 pm Post subject: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Reply with quote

Funny how the same ones always pop up when someone ask about settings for the AI when playing on your own... about playing H2H  Rolling Eyes  .

Playing humans is more competitive than playing the AI... EVERYBODY gets it.

Playing the AI one doesn't have to deal with rudeness, time constraints, real life, gamey opponents hell bent on winning, etc.  Sometimes it is better IMO. I happen to LOVE both.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:13 pm Post subject: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Reply with quote

I think for H2H you can't do better than COI/cc3.    There are a shitload of maps, many reasonably well balanced and if you pick the right times you can balance your forces

"Playing the AI one doesn't have to deal with rudeness, time constraints, real life, gamey opponents hell bent on winning, etc"

I once played a game on line of CC5 where the other guy hosted, he selected a user scenerio... fort Roul (big ass hill with a fort) with him defending with a US armoured BG and me attacking with a 3rd rate german infantry group where my best weapon was a 75 IG.  My reply was "you're fucking joking, right?"

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:36 pm Post subject: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Reply with quote

Yeah. Stuff like that and the mysterious 'crash' just as you are pummeling the opponent or about to get that last VL  Rolling Eyes  .

Alberian

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:40 pm Post subject: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Reply with quote

dgfred wrote (View Post):
Yeah. Stuff like that and the mysterious 'crash' just as you are pummeling the opponent or about to get that last VL  Rolling Eyes  .

haha so true, but that doesn't change that the AI is really nothing more then cannon fodder:P

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:51 pm Post subject: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Reply with quote

Hey... I like cannon fodder.  Wink  I don't like being cannon fodder tho  Wink  .

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: