Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:44 pm Post subject: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

This is a new feature in the upcoming title. I wanted to give my piece on it. I did some cursory research on whether this was an in game function or 3rd party function where you launch the game from. From what I can tell, its in game. I have a few opinions on this. First, theres not that man people playing online. Its much more convienent having a small application running while you wait for an opponent like Game Ranger. Having the game constantly open while waiting for an opponent will be very cumbersome especially if CC cannot be run in windowed mode. Secondly, I susect that having this feature will disable the ability to play on Game Ranger.

I could be wrong on both points. If I am right, it will just lead to more frustration playng online, and we don't need that.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:40 am Post subject: Re: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

OMG  Exclamation

Disable Game Ranger. That would suck for sure. Well, I won't be affected, but some people are not going to be happy.

Believe it or not, a while back I gave some thought to things I thought this title might disable, and Gamer Ranger was on my list, as well as Mafis' Tools. (like RTB tool)  Laughing

So, hopefully, I am just wrong.  Idea

Von Manstein

Rep: 13.3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:13 pm Post subject: Re: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

I’m an old player of the CC Series. I have the whole collection of this game. I´ve just bought the new one, PidF. I think that it´s a really good new game, but I disagree with the new multiplayer system, because now, it´s impossible to have a directly connection between players, via IP.

Slitherine oblies us to play in its lobby game, that furthermore, it doesn´t work well, with a very slow data transmission, with lag, the game stops during seconds (frozen) and cuts the transmission. Moreover, if the lobby game would disappear on day, it´ll be impossible to play in multiplayer.

I would be very thankful if someone could solve this question in order to re-establish the older option of CC.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:21 pm Post subject: Re: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

I had no idea it was that restricted. Excellent points Manstein.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:47 pm Post subject: Re: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

I wonder how this lobby system can handle the mods...

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 pm Post subject: Re: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3218893

"All MP games use the lobby and the routing server. We appreciate that some people were happy with the direct connection approach, but it did require players to tinker with network setups and so on. With the prevalence of NAT routers we wanted to try and bring more players into MP by making it hassle free to play the game online.

If you are having problems playing with the new lobby then please let us know and we will do all we can to fix them.

Cheers

Pip"

I suppose if this removes any need for configuring thats great. I do not understand the reasoning to remove all other forms of connecting though. We have a great thing going on at Game Ranger and to build on that would of been beneficial. Manstien's point hits home though. We outlasted the MPlayer, and the the Microsoft Gaming Zone but we were able to move to GameSpy Arcade. GameSpy was never as awesome as the Zone though. It all just went downhill from there. I did my best to keep the core of us using the same lobby system but I was always working against the tide of what the publishers wanted... which was BHQ and now the Slitherine lobby.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:17 am Post subject: Re: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

Definitely do not think it should be the only way. There should be a button to get to the old screen to setup a direct IP connection. Post in the matrix forum/thread on this to convince them to turn back on the old screen/way....

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:22 pm Post subject: Re: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

I am having a good laugh reading the Slitherine Match Making Forum.

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=180

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 am Post subject: Re: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

Am I correct that the laugh is people not using the enter button to chat?
Or is it just hooking up period?

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:57 am Post subject: Re: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

Quote:
but I was always working against the tide of what the publishers wanted... which was BHQ and now the Slitherine lobby.

would have been good if you supported bhq that came installed with all the latest games - that was the start of the breakdown in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:10 pm Post subject: Re: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

I disagree. I should of skipped Hamachi and gone straight to GR. I just didn't know about GR at the time. I knew BHQ would never be supported the way it should, and that proved correct.

BHQ is an old application even when it was first introduced to us. They didn't support it very well and examples of this are extended downtime, unable to sign up for a BHQ account for months at a time. The new re-releases could not even be launched by and connected by BHQ, like what was the point of having this lobby if it didnt connect players? Now PiTF can't even be used by BHQ either.

I can't even login to BHQ today. I tried my main account and a few others and I cannot get it. Invalid login attempts everytime, but I am logged in to the website with the same account. I just tried to make a new account for BHQ and the email Wargamer sends me has an account verification link that will not work.

So can anyone verify if BHQ is working?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:54 am Post subject: Re: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

Mod makers should skip PiTF as long as the multiplayer solution is dependent on their lobby. Will they be around in 10 years and or be supporting it? All previous CC releases we'll be able to play long after....

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:02 pm Post subject: Re: Slitherine Integrated Lobby Reply with quote

Tejszd,

I am not sure game companies try to look out 10 years into the future. They are probably trying to figure out what to sell you next year. I don't really do MP, so I wonder just what the incentive was? If there isn't a monetary reason, then Slitherene is just being silly.

Maybe someone can figure out a way to import PitF maps and stuff into LSA. Unless someone starts making more map material and mods for PitF, it might not be the best platform for CC gaming going forward.  Idea

However, if that does happen (PitF mods), I can always pick up PitF in about 5 to 10 years.  Laughing

The best thing Matrix ever did for me, was they allowed users to download a complete game (CC2 Redux) for free.  Exclamation

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

Jump to: