Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1233
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Arg0n

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:35 pm Post subject: Why is Mark VG (Panther) So strong? Reply with quote

Why is panther so strong? In RR mod my IS-2 gets shot because of slow reloading time (and IS-2 was superior in all aspects when compared to Panther except in reloading time, ammo quantity and specific power of the engine (Hp\ton)), and panther gets no damage in a head on conflict with IS-2 (except a few rare ocassions). I know that the panther was a great tank, but it wasn't impervious to almost everything like in CC. Every other tank fails in killing the panther, and only russian hopes are the IS-1 and T-34\85 (the latter is a slim hope), and IS-1 is removed from forcepool at the beginning of 1944. So tell me where is logic (and game ballance) in making
panther so much stronger than other tanks?

Thanks in advance,
Arg0n

robg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:35 pm Post subject: Re: Why is Mark VG (Panther) So strong? Reply with quote

I'm playing as the Germans in the Berlin Mod, and don't see such superiority.
In fact, is always dificult to knock out a Il-2, even with the Tigers. Miss the opportunity to give the first shot, means you're dead. I have to avoid these clashes, because the Panther tank is always in desavantage against the T-34/85 and the IL-2.

caribacey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Teah, the Panther tank is kinda overdone, in my opinion.
The advantage the Panther had was the new technology in the high velocity main gun, not its armour.

SA_Acey

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The hight velocity main gun was his main gun upgrade but, if his armore wasnt really different as a Panther A or D, the model G saw some major changement on his turrel, i means the protection between the base of the main gun and the turrel itself. But his inside equipment was modified too.. Anyway the Panther uprade was like for any other tank upgrade from any country, each upper model still ever more powerfull

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Arg0n

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree completley, but it is really the über tank in CC3, and that's simply not fair(or historicly accurate), it's extremly hard to destroy, even with side shots, but in real life the IS-2's main gun could tear panther's turret with one shot! If somebody knows why the panther is so hard to kill, please let me know, because i really like the game, but it isn't funny (or amusing) when your whole armoured spearhead gets it's ass kicked by a panther. If anybody knows some kind of mod that corrects the panther's armor (prefferably from RR family) let me know.

GS_v_Witzleben

Rep: 25.1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

the hope for russians is not the t34 or js1, its an captured panther, even kills kt easy ;o)

it´s surely because panther is a german tank, that should enough Razz

regards

GS_v_Witzleben aka _irgendwas

Arg0n

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pointless. Why argue about this when nobody is going to do anything about the issue at hand. Close Combat is a game, and even with historical facts set aside, a game should be fair. Tell me why I can't have a head on conflict with panther, but I always need to flank, outsmart, or anything other, when historicaly IS-2 kicked the panthers around, and T-34\85 could sometimes kill a panther.

BTW: to GS_v_Witzleben. As i said earlier the IS-2's 122mm main gun could tear off panthers turret(proven fact). So much about superior german tank design! Laughing

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Arg0n wrote:
This is pointless. Why argue about this when nobody is going to do anything about the issue at hand.

You could always choose to do something about it. Download one of the modding guides and spend five minutes adjusting the data file to either make the Panther G weaker, or make the IS-2 stronger.

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Arg0n

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I was just considering it when I was writing my last post.
Thanks for the feedback everybody. I will do something about it.
I will keep you informed about my sucsess (or faliure). Very Happy

fruitbar

Rep: 53.2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:54 am Post subject: Well... Reply with quote

The Panther is just simply kickass no matter how the IS2 or in real life the Russians shot them. I seen the Panther can blow the thickest Russian tank head on shooting at their front strongest armour.

fruitbar

Rep: 53.2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:55 am Post subject: Well... Reply with quote

The Panther is just simply kickass no matter how the IS2 or in real life the Russians shot them. I seen the Panther can blow the thickest Russian tank head on shooting at their front strongest armour.

Arg0n

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers SUCK! that's my opinion, just look: same weight (about 44 t), yes panther is faster and has more ammo, but weaker armor, weaker gun and the cost...
And IS-2 was supposed to have a 100 mm variant, but unfortunately there was a 100 gun shortage, so 122 was accepted that condemmed IS-2 to have low ammo stowage 28 instead of 34 like in SU-100. But the game's engine somehow gives panther an edge (so far i've seen no mod to fix this without getting unhistorical). but I AM repeating myself and God I even bore myself so...

4Reich

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know, I got no real problems killing an panther, shure I ll not shot him in an Head to head fight with an cheap Sherman or T34 tank...but the KV series and russian Su100 can kill Panthers ... I dont think that panther is to strong and game could be unbalanced. There always ll be difference between German and US/GB/USSR tanks.Even if some folks dont like it, german panther was better than T34, sherman, and the other craptanks :cry2

Arg0n

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am talking about IS-2 among other things. IS-2 can't kill a Mark VG that easy. Read my previous posts. Geez.

Catoprion

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I remember I always kill the panthers by 57 mm gun(s) being in ambush.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-2500

Arg0n

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I am sorry that there are always misunderstandings in this thread, but I am complaining of lack of tanks able to KO a panther. I know about the uses of Zis-2 57mm cannon (best one there is Very Happy ). T-34/85 has a strong cannon, but lacks armor, IS-2 has a LOOOONG reloading time and misses a lot and lastly IS-1 is Perfect but is gone by the end of 1943.

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya;
I dont have any mod for CC3,But in the original game,I'm sure that IS-2 can
knock out Panther at any range and any angles.In the original game the IS-2
are very powerful which I even afraid to face a "king Tiger" against an IS-2
especially in a head to head engagment.

Cheers
-Kambiz

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

Jump to: