Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pepperrell

Rep: 5.3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:01 am Post subject: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

To be honest, I wasn't ever here that much with a business to run, but son (13) is now very keen to start playing one-to-one.

I have thoroughly enjoyed such mods as I have played, especially Meuse, GJS, Bloody Omaha and Okinawa. Although I have CC2,3,4,5 & Longest Day, I don't have two copies of anything.

I would be much obliged for some sage advice from the regulars as to what is available to buy, which versions they recommend, which versions have more mods, and where the mod community is headed over the next couple of years.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:14 pm Post subject: Re: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

My tip would be to get LSA and play the New GJS when Cathartes uploads his baby... Shocked  

Tigercub

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

pepperrell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:59 pm Post subject: Re: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

Thanks, TC. Anyone else?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:44 am Post subject: Re: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

I would say TLD since you already have 1 copy thus you need only 1 more for H2H games and it has the most mods available right now of any of the Matrix re-releases (Bloody Omaha, Ebro, Meuse, Okinawa, etc.)

Though LSA does have some features TLD doesn't and will soon get GJS for it.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:05 am Post subject: Re: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

I would recommend TLD as well for the same reasons Tejszd gave.  Exclamation

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:29 am Post subject: Re: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

Ask your son what part of the war he is most interested in. Thats allways the best policy when picking a mod Smile
My brother wants Okinawa for CC5 or WW1 and Vietnam for CC3.

Have fun. Im having a blast playing on lan with my bro. After all these years. Smile

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

pepperrell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:57 am Post subject: Re: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. That's a real help. I've got a physical copy of TLD so I will only need one more download. I'll see about LSA in due course....

nikin

Rep: 15.7
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:24 pm Post subject: Re: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

Generally these are quite good mods, for a child of 13 years old that's a way to go. I certainly wouldn't began to force him to start playing realistically hard-core mods, one is necessary to grow up for them.

pepperrell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

Thanks for your concern. Believe me, I'm not forcing him to do anything, but he's interested in history, particularly mid 20th Century European history, and if he's keen enough to want to pay H2H on a LAN, then I'll accommodate him. One of the previous posts is good evidence of how these games bring family together, and I'd prefer to communicate through Close Combat tahn not communicate at all.

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:10 pm Post subject: Re: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

As this post is also a question from this part of the globe, anyone already have panthers in the fog?
If so any comments / thougths?
BD is coming so maybe....... Rolling Eyes

Additionally little bambam who has grown is coming to this part of history as well  Wink
He plays quit often battlefront heroes (On line game), but is showing interest for the good old CC serie.

Games we can play together are :
CC5 (2 copy's of CD)
WAR Installed on two systems at home an able to play H2H with crossover cable.
MT same as above.

As you can see with the matrix games, you require only one copy to play with the family H2H  Idea
Hence the primary question about PitF ?

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:11 am Post subject: Re: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

my 2c: personally I'd say good old cc5, from my experience and what I've heard it's still the best version, the new version all have their let downs and are basically just over-priced mods imho. I'd be ok with that if they got it right.

my preferred mods are gjs and utah
also I think if you use daemon tools and make an image of your cd you could get it to run on two pcs from one copy

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

Legoships

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:40 pm Post subject: ignore this Reply with quote

sorry double post.
How/can I delete a post

Cheers,
          Lego

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:58 am Post subject: Re: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

I see only 1 post!
Dont be afraid to contribute! Welcome to the forum Very Happy

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Legoships

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:11 am Post subject: Re: Returning to the Fold - what to do, what to do? Reply with quote

Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
I see only 1 post!
Dont be afraid to contribute! Welcome to the forum Very Happy

I posted a" hi folks" under new topic rather than hijack this thread. Smile

Cheers,
          Lego

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: