Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1225
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
mjunod

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:32 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I had a strange bug on that same map, maybe just a CC bug though.  One of the ge Kwk50's would keep firing very very quickly, and did not seem to run out of ammunition.  Not sure if it was actually firing (didn't want to run a team in front of it to find out).  It stopped when it turned to reengage another target.  Shocked

Also, another suggestion on the mortars.  Right now, the german 8cm can be assigned to infantry or support platoons, it probably should be like the brit 3 inch and limited to support platoon only.

nikin

Rep: 15.7
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Friends if you borrow something, you can do it straight arms?
For example Churchill Crocodile. Turns out he was armed with M3 gun.
It really is a fantastic mod.

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:27 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
Right now, the german 8cm can be assigned to infantry or support platoons, it probably should be like the brit 3 inch and limited to support platoon only.
Would be a good idea to keep them consistent across the board.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
Friends if you borrow something, you can do it straight arms?
For example Churchill Crocodile. Turns out he was armed with M3 gun.
It really is a fantastic mod.

Thanks for the comments.  Not sure I understand your first question.  You are correct about the Croc, it should have the OQF 75mm vs the 75mm M3.  Good catch!

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:36 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

We played today and I found out that an assualt gun, 10.5 le FH 18 and others, are very very weak. They shot 2-3m away from a gun, several times, there was a huge blast, but nothing happend. Guys around 10m from the hit should be instantly killed, be it a gun or infantry.
Same thing with engineers throwig C4 - there is a huge explosion and basically nothing happens.

I rememebr in stock CC5 the Avre Tank was able to knock out a tank when he hit nearby. Maybe thats too much but what we have now I consider is way to weak.

However, I checked the data (txt files) and it looks more or less OK in numbers. It has higher numbers then mortar, but works worse. Can someone explain it to me?

I think such gun should be devastating!

Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:29 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Weapon pit's or trenches (made by the defender) on the edge of maps have snow camo, anywhere else on the map they are fine.

trench snow camo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.43 KB
 Viewed:  12841 Time(s)

trench snow camo.jpg

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:39 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

can somewone send me data files from CC WAR? Explosions there were werey reaslitic (deadly) so i would like to comapre it with what we got here. The whole DATA folder please

nikin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:47 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

no comments

2013-07-07 17 40 46.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.62 KB
 Viewed:  12756 Time(s)

2013-07-07 17 40 46.jpg

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:32 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Nikn: please comment, I'm not clear what you're saying with one picture.

Aetius:  don't know about the trench--that's a new one.  I didn't change the order of the terrain file at all.  I wonder if this ever happened in LSA?  The solution here is for me to get rid of this graphic in the terrain file, or it's a mistake in the elements file.

Kojusoki:  Feel free to play around with the data as you like, but know that the way a blast is applied over distance works differently than in past version of CC. Terrain/element cover is calculated differently as well.  I modeled the 105mm guns roughly after the artillery strike values (and LSA values for same gun), but it appears it's not high enough.  If you find a solution let me know, otherwise I can mess with it when I have some time.

nikin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:03 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):
Nikn: please comment, I'm not clear what you're saying with one picture.

The number of soldiers does not match the icon.

And PzIIIN gun.

2013-07-08 09 08 43.jpg
 Description:
Pz IIIN
 Filesize:  36.04 KB
 Viewed:  12712 Time(s)

2013-07-08 09 08 43.jpg

Cathartes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
The number of soldiers does not match the icon.

And PzIIIN gun.

Yes, they didn't always match in LSA either.  They are meant to be a general representation.

Regarding the PzIIIN gun, thanks for pointing out the gadgets don't match.  It is actually a short-barreled PzIIIN, but never got around to fixing the screen gadget.  Will note for future update.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:03 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

a question cathartes or anyone....the allied independant armoured BDE's...they need to be stacked with another BG. whats the best way to do that...as the RESERVE BG or the ATTACKing BG???
how do you get the most slots availible for the armoured support?

also...based on the fact that LSA was meant to be played with Morale ON, because of the major repercussions of Disbanding BG's that would never come back...is GJS LSA to be played with the morale ON or OFF???

a few observations......

i had a german assualt gun, 10.5 le FH 18 ..massacare 4 of my inf teams ...the explosions were killing men 100 yds away from the explosions...i couldnt believe it. not sure why im seeing that and others are seeing it as inaffective???? wierd. id say its way too powerfull.

the M10 turret rotation is painfull....surely it could not have been that slow in reality?? i vote we speed it up. its awefull.

tanks and guns still cant hit the broad side of a barn ...literally....this was a problem in LSA too. is there anything we can do about that??

german inf fire power is stll overwelming........the MG 42 is devastating..as it should be ..but the allied bren still doesnt seem to have any hitting power. id like to see it beefed up a bit.
ive had mulitple squads and even tanks shooting at german inf in buildings and get little or no kills, but have had an MG 42 cut my squads to bits in the reverse roll. :(

great mod so far cathartes !!!

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:06 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I agree with Steiner that the German assault guns are easily powerful enough. There's also many more of them than in GJS4.xx. But they're inaccurate so they need to get up close to be effective. If they're not taking out at-guns properly that could be to do with the armor of the at-gun or the type of damage they do? If their shells are based on artillery support, we've established that these are currently ineffective against armored targets.

Half-tracks and open-top vehicles are much tougher against small arms fire and mortars than previous versions. Considering that inf units have such a hard time assaulting vehicles in LSA, maybe this should be altered slightly.

I also think hes right about the M10 being a bit too slow to rotate its turret but i perhaps it has a faster ROF than most German tanks which means if its correctly positioned beforehand it has the advantage in most duels. Not much good on the attack though.

Cathartes do you have an overall estimate of the total number of tanks for both sides including reinforcements?

Regarding mortars, I think limiting the German 8cm to support platoons only might solve the problem with them being overpowered, as the German player will often have to sacrifice an AFV or other important support unit in order to take mortars, which are only highly effective in pairs.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:13 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree with Steiner that the German assault guns are easily powerful enough.

You two and Kojosuki have two different views, but will at least look at them again.

Quote:
Half-tracks and open-top vehicles are much tougher against small arms fire and mortars than previous versions

Agree and think that heavy German MGs should take them down at close range.  Can revisit.

Quote:
I also think hes right about the M10 being a bit too slow to rotate its turret

I think you and Stiener are right, they are impossible to work with being as slow as they are.  Can speed them up a notch or two.

Quote:
do you have an overall estimate of the total number of tanks for both sides including reinforcements?

I don't. I just spit-balled the balance figuring the Allies would have a very comfortable lead with their ability to reinforce Ind. Arm. Bde.s.

Quote:
Regarding mortars, I think limiting the German 8cm to support platoons only might solve the problem with them being overpowered, as the German player will often have to sacrifice an AFV or other important support unit in order to take mortars, which are only highly effective in pairs.
 Need to look at that, probably you are right.

Quote:
tanks and guns still cant hit the broad side of a barn ...literally....this was a problem in LSA too. is there anything we can do about that??

not sure what your specific context is. You know how CC is.  If anything heavy guns are a bit more accurate in GJS-LSA, but the difference is with LSA is that experience and morale play a bigger influence than previous CC versions.

Quote:
is GJS LSA to be played with the morale ON or OFF???

entirely players' preference.  Recommend shorter battles if morale is off, longer if morale is on.  Allies have a better chance of getting off the beach quickly if morale is off and you have medium-long battles.

Quote:
the allied independant armoured BDE's...they need to be stacked with another BG. whats the best way to do that...as the RESERVE BG or the ATTACKing BG???   how do you get the most slots availible for the armoured support

depends on points available in stacked BGs and type of BGs combined. I've seen up to eight tanks or so creatively purchased between two BGs.  Points available to a single attacking BG play a big role, but I did my best to not let a player pack in the tanks every time.

buuface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:22 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi Cathartes thanks for your response.

Overall your re-coding of all the maps has been a great success, however i've encountered a couple of mistakes so far and thought i should let you know so maybe you can fix them in the next patch

Benoville

Where the red circle is, I think there should rise in the terrain as there was in GJS4xx. But now this ground is flat at 3m.

Cruelly

Where I've drawn the red arrows, vehicles of any kind are not able to pass, though visually there is a gap in the hedgerow where the terrain type is just 'grass field' or 'dirt road'. This map in general seems particularly bad for AFVs, which get stuck or immobilized frighteningly often compared to others maps with similar terrain.

The other new maps you've added are fantastic, especially Tailville and Leibsey woods Smile

nikin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:05 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

buuface wrote (View Post):
The other new maps you've added are fantastic, especially Tailville and Leibsey woods Smile

I was interested in only maps to this mod. But watched a few maps:
1) New Leibsey
maximum allowable size (4800x4800 pix - in 1,77 times more biggest maps before) + woods + high grass + hedgerrows + small soldiers
This is a map soon to play hide and seek.
2) Recoded Caen and Ranville example:
Caen - house divided into wood and stone (according to interior graphics);
Ranville - almost all houses have now become stone;
3) Tailville. This map style and size of buildings does not correspond to other maps.

2013-07-13 09 39 08.jpg
 Description:
New Baeux
 Filesize:  552.13 KB
 Viewed:  12504 Time(s)

2013-07-13 09 39 08.jpg

2013-07-13 09 55 10.jpg
 Description:
deja vu
 Filesize:  320.74 KB
 Viewed:  12504 Time(s)

2013-07-13 09 55 10.jpg

Last edited by nikin on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

nikin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:16 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

For maps encoding should immediately take your hands.
On many maps have Tall wall and Stone wall.
Firstly it is the same thing.
Second through this element can drive tanks (see image).
Third after moving tanks this elements not crushed. But it is well burning!

In the fourth look Bayeux. The selected area should be available for the tanks (so they can move walls). But there is an element - a courtyard. And so the tanks can not be there.

2013-07-13 14 35 52.jpg
 Description:
New Baeux
 Filesize:  541.61 KB
 Viewed:  12421 Time(s)

2013-07-13 14 35 52.jpg

buuface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:02 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I think Cathartes coded the courtyard on purpose so infantry must be used to take the cathedrel

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:20 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
I was interested in only maps to this mod. But watched a few maps:
1) New Leibsey
maximum allowable size (4800x4800 pix - in 1,77 times more biggest maps before) + woods + high grass + hedgerrows + small soldiers
This is a map soon to play hide and seek.

I enjoy large maps once in a while, not everyone does and that's fine.

Quote:
2) Recoded Caen and Ranville example:
Caen - house divided into wood and stone (according to interior graphics);

Tried to be consistent with what the floor was showing in the interior graphic. Maps were wildly inconsistent before. If I had to do it all over, every elevated floor would be a wood floor.

Quote:
Ranville - almost all houses have now become stone;

Yep. Mostly stone walls by design. Give better cover and protection. Attacking has to make you smart otherwise it's costly. Not everyone will agree, and that's fine.

Quote:
3) Tailville. This map style and size of buildings does not correspond to other maps.
 Many maps are this way.  I didn't have time to make all new maps.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:06 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
For maps encoding should immediately take your hands.
On many maps have Tall wall and Stone wall.
Firstly it is the same thing.

Actually, it's not, but I'm responsible for the confusion anyway.

Tall wall is a tall, exterior wall, basically a tall stone fence.  Somehow I changed stone fence to stone wall in the elements so that element looks the same as the building walls, but it is in fact a stone fence in how it behaves. Countless maps used to be coded with stone fences the same as building stone walls.  I may have missed some of this from the older maps, but don't think I did in the case of Bayeux.  So, the coding is as intended but the element name is not and leads to the confusion. Will fix.

Quote:
Second through this element can drive tanks (see image).
Third after moving tanks this elements not crushed. But it is well burning!

Yep, can't be fixed.  It's an issue with the coding.  Only stone fences and stone walls (the original kind) can be crushed to rock rubble. Other element don't crush properly and it's a known bug with LSA and some previous versions of CC.

Quote:
In the fourth look Bayeux. The selected area should be available for the tanks (so they can move walls). But there is an element - a courtyard. And so the tanks can not be there.
I did this on purpose.  Some areas tanks/vehicles are not allowed for various reasons like pathfinding, tactical challenges, etc.  If you all don't like it, I can change it back.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:46 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

thanks for the reply Cathartes......

couple of questions about the allied independant tank BDE's.....

you allude to the fact that the independant tank BDE's get reinforcements. can you explain in a little detail how and when that happens please :)

as in my last post...trying to figure out which way you would stack the independant tank BDE's to get the biggest bang for your buck....yes its about trying to get the most tanks out the attacking BG...the whole point of having the independant tank BDE in the stack, obviously, but, if you stack it the wrong way, you get perhaps only 2 or 3 tanks from the  independant tank BDE in the attacking BG because its related to how many slots are in each stacked BG? is it not? all the independant tank BDE's are diff slot sizes from what ive seen.
so in your experience with the game...if you stack an independant tank BDE with a 15 slot inf BG, do you have the independant tank BDE as the attacking BG or the reserve BG??

Morale.......i see what your saying about morale being ON or OFF, but...with morale OFF i believe you will see BG"s get disbanded and not come back even if they had a map to retreat to. i saw that happen in stock LSA, thats why they say to have morale on in LSA.
with morale OFF i believe what happens is when u totally destroy all the squads on a map, the game ends and the PC see's this as losing all the VL's as well and it disbands the BG because the PC see's this as now having no VL to retreat out of the map on. disbanded BG's do not come back.

observation.....

having the allied Vickers MMG as a support weapon pick really limits the allied fire power. the allies cant compete with the german inf fire power as it is... and bren doesnt seem to cut it.
i would like to see the vickers MMG be able to be picked into the inf slots NOT the support slots.
you opinions gentlemen........

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: