Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1232
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:51 pm Post subject: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

Was tinkering with qclone and reg CC5 since I just reinstalled it again and after doing my requisite personal fixes I think I've found the right formula to make the infantry survive as in CC2. If anyone is interested:

First of all installed patch 5.01 and clubssi sub mod and do the registry key change to 03.

-Halved the weapons base accuracy (if 90% or 398 set it to 45% or 243), for AA, coax and bow mg's lower it even more. Only exception I left was snipers.
-Max range for firearms is 200 meters; bow guns less. Different ranges adjusted accordingly.
-10mm helmet protection
-10 chance to hit head; 0 to hit body

Infantry combat is now much more like CC2 and I've still not modified the elements.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:18 pm Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

Sounds great!
Keep tinkering, Kanov!

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:33 pm Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

Is it applicable for TLD and the other rereleases?

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

I would expect it to be applicable to the re-releases, you can experiment with it too. I'm thinking once I get around modding the elements infantry will survive much longer, for example even with the base accuracy reduced by half, infantry still is killed very easily on the streets.

I'm enjoying my lasting firefights now, I have to assault more often to clear buildings not to mention my teams run out of ammo more frequently. More scavenging and prisoners!

On a related note, the mod RegXtra might have done something similar but I cannot find it in the download section. I would like to look at its files since it also had some very interesting ideas. If any of you guys that have it can attach it here I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:46 am Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

I'd be interested in knowing more.

I've messed with it a few times and have yet to find anything I like.

I'll give your ideas a shot.
Thank-You

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:28 am Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

Check BfC Wink.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:40 am Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

Thanks Kanov! I'll start testing right away.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:04 pm Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

I started by looking at VetBoB's weapon and soldier files. I used its values but still was not convinced so I downgraded the accuracy even more on some cases.

What also helps is that in CC5 the kill power of small arms is lower than CC4, for example a Mauser has a kill rating of 7 at PB while in CC4 has 12. If you're wanting to mod cc4 weapons take good look at kill ratings.

I think is ridiculous that a soldier can hit 90% of the time at a target in this game even at Point Blank while in combat in WW2 taking into account that he is using iron sights, under stress and under fire.

Dima wrote (View Post):

Check BfC Wink.

Will do once I install TLD again.

general_solomon

Rep: 22.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:22 am Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

kanov:  can you put some gameplay on youtube to showcase the new infantry tweaks. would love to see longer fire fights.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:23 pm Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

general_solomon wrote (View Post):
kanov:  can you put some gameplay on youtube to showcase the new infantry tweaks. would love to see longer fire fights.

Hehe you made me download a bunch of stuff and learn something new.

Uploaded video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBcXaFEh_vo

shit quality and no sound. First time doing this so...

Its a battle on the ongoing campaign I have. It shows a sturmgrenadiere having a firefight with a BAR team and a rifle team that later joins in, they both exchange bullets for some minutes. The bastard with the MG 42 in the sturm team kills all but three of the BAR team. At some point I use a .30 cal MG team to demonstrate that they only have a 200 meter range and the color of the target sight of various teams that rarely now shows green, it even appears black when the BAR team loses its gunner with the BAR.

Video done using CamStudio a free software if anyone is interested.

general_solomon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:38 am Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

thank you for putting the video up. you can buy fraps its really cheap for high quality vids. I do believe there is a separate software for your commentary.

I highly recommend you showcase your work. Please create a youtube close combat channel and share you work with the world.

We really need more vids and lets plays.

one request,

create a scenario with regular fire fight and the same situation with your mod.

also, where can i download this mod?

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:39 pm Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

I will try to make a comparison video.

Since I'm making this mod for myself I don't know if I will release it since I'm taking ideas from other mods too. Also for now is CC5 only since its the one I had available. Once I get my tld installed again I probably continue there to take advantage of the new features, I've postponed doing some stuff like revisiting ALL weapons and teams because of this reason. Also planning on doing the FP's like CC4 (A single FP per parent unit or division) to see if they will work and if it will be more fun.

But I wanted to share how to do what IMO, replicates the longer CC2 firefigths since I think many people would like that in their games so you could modify it too in your installation.

general_solomon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:54 am Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

i see, for non modders like myself, I would need a dummies guide on the tweaks.

thanks

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:24 am Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Check BfC Wink.

Finally found time to play around with BfC...very nice work.
Furious firefights and nice units to fight with. Too bad there's no Ops in the beta...I like to try out a few Ops before jumping into a GC.
Although this mod is designed for H2H...single player is still great fun and playable :)

And it's great to see my custom rank graphics (from TLD Ground Tactics mod) being put to good use!   Mr. Green

Great work, Guys! Looking forward to more updates...and hopefully with some Ops thrown in.  Wink

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:39 pm Post subject: Re: Finally feel satisfied by inf survivability Reply with quote

I've been looking at the BFC Data and while most of the Axis stuff is there I was hoping someone might have something for the Allies?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: