Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1226
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:30 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Agreed about the MMG.

Regarding disbanded groups not returning. I can't confirm yet whether that happens or not. If it does that's a very serious bug.

I believe the mod should be played with Morale off because the allied attack depends on momentum, getting off the beaches and getting as far inland as possible before Gerry stabilizes the front-line with his elite troops. Allies must maintain the strategic initiative.

If morale is on, Gerry can simply sacrifice a portion of his troops and cause the battle to end early. Using this tactic could delay the allies at least once maybe more on each map where a static group exits.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

i agree about momentum....im on the wrong end of that stick right now. im playing with morale ON.
you can get delayed a turn or 2 by morale failure easy, and thats not even with your opponent master minding it.  Crying or Very sad

i dont think disbanding is a bug. see section 15.4... pg 49... morale failure, section 17.7 retreat and 17.8 disbanding.. pg 57 in the LSA game manual.

Cathartes...can you shed some light on this?

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:24 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
you allude to the fact that the independant tank BDE's get reinforcements. can you explain in a little detail how and when that happens please Smile

The reinforce button should show up in the BG screen after a few turns or less. If it never shows up, something is up. I never confirmed that you could actually "reinforce" in LSA. Assumed you could, will have to check into it if you don't see it.

Quote:
so in your experience with the game...if you stack an independant tank BDE with a 15 slot inf BG, do you have the independant tank BDE as the attacking BG or the reserve BG??
You may end up with more slots with a 15 unit BG leading the attack. You may end up with more tanks if you lead with the Ind. Arm. Bde, unless the 15 unit BG paired with it is an Armoured BG, in which case you can probably muster a lot of tanks. Frankly, it's been a while since I worked on this, so I'm not completely certain.

Quote:
...with morale OFF i believe you will see BG"s get disbanded and not come back even if they had a map to retreat to. i saw that happen in stock LSA, thats why they say to have morale on in LSA. with morale OFF i believe what happens is when u totally destroy all the squads on a map, the game ends and the PC see's this as losing all the VL's as well and it disbands the BG because the PC see's this as now having no VL to retreat out of the map on. disbanded BG's do not come back.
The campaign setting currently disbands groups permanently (not a bug, just an oversight), but this needs to be changed so they do recycle after a day (at 75% strength).  Will be in next update or you can do it yourself in the campaign file.  Yes, if morale is off and you capture all VLs, the BG disbands.

Quote:
I believe the mod should be played with Morale off because the allied attack depends on momentum, getting off the beaches and getting as far inland as possible before Gerry stabilizes the front-line with his elite troops. Allies must maintain the strategic initiative.
 Or you go with morale "on" and you focus on seizing one or two exit VLs at all costs--avoiding enemy static units and conflict if possible. You can keep moving and bring in another BG to do the mop-up. However, you will face a BG temp. out of supply if you can move it off.

stiener

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

thanks for the reply Cathartes  Smile

im 99% sure that in LSA you CANNOT reinforce using the reinforce button. i havent seen any reinforce button in the 2 or 3 GC's i have going on in LSA. so unless u actually put the reinforce button in on the allied Ind Arm Bde's in your mod, i think were SOL .....so to speak.
i would recommend you look into it if you have the chance tho Cool i might be wrong, but i dont think so.

i am under the impression that in LSA reinforcments are built into the BG"s time line....if your in supply, you get reinforcements based on a historical time line for the historical GC.
just like the allied BG's that hit the beachs in your mod ...on day 2 they get men and equipment as reinforcements to there force pool.

i know for sure the german BG's got more equipment and men and slots in some cases, as the stock LSA GC progressed.

what about the Vickers MMG Cathartes? would you agree we could have that availible in the infantry slots and not the support slots?  Cool

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:22 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Ouch.....need to confirm asap about reinforce button...without it, GC is unplayable.

I agree tanks are having a hard time hitting things, including the proverbial side of a barn.
I hear your response to this as being experience related. But it sure makes life harder for the allies who cannot advance
without their tanks taking out the German Inf.

Making this even worse is the game engine difficulty in spotting the enemy troops. Making life even harder for the allies.

Also, please check the German SPG, I think its the 105 mm. The German MK4 and the Sherman have approximately same Rate of Fire,
it appears to me, but when the 105 shoots it looks to reload much faster than both of those.

Great work and appreciate that  this is a beta and there will be inevitable bugs.

stiener

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:01 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

i had a crash tonite when i had my airstrike hit bayeux in a battle. allied air strike. im host. 1st one ive seen.

Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:08 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

[quote="Cathartes";p="70092"]Nikn: please comment, I'm not clear what you're saying with one picture.

Aetius:  don't know about the trench--that's a new one.  I didn't change the order of the terrain file at all.  I wonder if this ever happened in LSA?  The solution here is for me to get rid of this graphic in the terrain file, or it's a mistake in the elements file.

Hi Cathartes,
I did a quick test in stock LSA and the gunpits and trenches both have a white edge, the weird thing is that this only happens on the border of maps, gunpits or trenches anywhere else on the map are OK.

Another ting i've noticed is that even with the "Recycle Disbanded BGs" on 1 and "BGs retreat on rout" on 1 it seems they are not returning the next day.
I would suspect with these 2 parameters on 1 that routed BG's are retreating to the nearest map in frendly hands when in supply.

In the campaign file i found another parameter who also might have something to do with this behaviour:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# BGs that start on a friendly depot map can only reform on maps linked to starting map by friendly depots
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean if the start map of that BG is in enemy hands it can't reform after being routed?

KilovskimkIII

Rep: 31.1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:06 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

This might have been flagged already. On the Tailleville map, the Humber SC team of the 2nd Canadian Armoured Brigade, on the soldier screen for the crew, they have German uniforms!

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:17 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
This might have been flagged already. On the Tailleville map, the Humber SC team of the 2nd Canadian Armoured Brigade, on the soldier screen for the crew, they have German uniforms!

Infiltrators! We'll deal with them. Good catch.

Quote:
I did a quick test in stock LSA and the gunpits and trenches both have a white edge, the weird thing is that this only happens on the border of maps, gunpits or trenches anywhere else on the map are OK.

seems like a LSA bug

Quote:
Another ting i've noticed is that even with the "Recycle Disbanded BGs" on 1 and "BGs retreat on rout" on 1 it seems they are not returning the next day.
I would suspect with these 2 parameters on 1 that routed BG's are retreating to the nearest map in frendly hands when in supply.
 Will check into it, but last I looked BGs were retreating to friendly connected map just fine. Don't know about disbanded BGs for certain, but recall that they also returned (except static of course). Could be wrong.

Quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# BGs that start on a friendly depot map can only reform on maps linked to starting map by friendly depots
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean if the start map of that BG is in enemy hands it can't reform after being routed?

Think it means it will enter on the nearest friendly, connected supply depot map if the map is blocked by enemy or friendly units.

Aetius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:35 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I am now nearing the end of a singelplayer GC as allies and i had expected to fight the retreated German BG's on the german supply depot maps at the start of each new day, they did't appear. ("Recycle Disbanded BGs" on 1 and "BGs retreat on rout" on 1).
Then i "switched sides" and started playing as the germans on the same GC (using the save game editor tool), on the start of a new day no previously routed german BG's appeared.

Am i the only one who sees this behaviour?

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:31 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi Aetius,

Can you confirm if the reinforce option becomes available to the allies?

Aetius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:22 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi MarkM,

The reinforce button mentioned earlier doesn't show but i think reinforcements become available in the FP of a BG if certain conditions are met.
But i can't cofirm that with facts.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:31 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Looked at bgroups.txt and very few BG's have the reinforcement option enabled.

And even for these keep in mind that the button will only appear if reinforcement adds new units or increases the quantity of existing units.

stiener

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Gents
i am 3 days into the H2H GC as allies. i have not at this point seen the reinforce button on any allied BG's. but i have seen just about all my allied BG's get reinforcments to there forcepools. not the independant arm BDE's and not the special service BDE but all the rest of the BG's i believe.

so if we dont have the reinforce button Cathartes, do the allies get more reinforcements late in the GC as the GC progress's? or is this now, it?

im assuming that the germans dont get any reinforcments for the forcepools except for the some in 21 pz BG's that Cathartes alludes to in the read me file?? can anyone confirm this?

I sure am enjoying this mod Cathartes...very cool. with morale on..the germans are damn tough to push back. i think i would try the GC with morale off next time, but still not sure about what overall effects on the GC Disbanding will have. see earlier post on this.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Glad you're enjoying the campaign (H2H I might add, as it was intended).

As the campaign is designed right now, the only Allied BGs that get the reinforce option/button are the Independent Armored Brigades.  Reinforcements trickle in for some Allied BGs, but otherwise, what you get is what you get.  The Germans are outnumbered overall, so thought this might be a bit more balanced approach for both players.  Your campaign could prove me wrong.  Germans get no reinforcements except for a few early BGs whose forces build up over a course of a few days.  I think a few tanks trickle in for the Germans as well (maybe a dozen total for all BGs?--can't remember exactly).

The next version of GJS will have the option for disbanded BGs to return the next day.  Let me know if BGs can't retreat onto a friendly map where they have an existing connection leading to.

stiener

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:10 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

hi cathartes
i have seen a couple of german BG's retreat to a friendly map after a morale defeat.

Granfali

Rep: 17.8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Argggg!!! 00:00 bug again.  Twisted Evil

Two times during the last two days. Too much for us... campaign is over. I thought with LSA that old bug was gone but I see I was wrong!!!

KilovskimkIII

Rep: 31.1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:00 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Problem with Ranville map in GC.
Hi,
Someone else might have brought this up already..... I'm playing a Grand Campaign as the Allies. Allies at Elite level and Germans at Recruit, Germans always obey orders box ticked. 15 minutes per battle. Fighting a battle on the Ranville map. 10th of June @7am. Fighting with 5th Para BDE/6th AB against II./125 21. Panzerdivison. The Game freezes, can't do anything about it.  Crying or Very sad

Cathartes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:12 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
Someone else might have brought this up already..... I'm playing a Grand Campaign as the Allies. Allies at Elite level and Germans at Recruit, Germans always obey orders box ticked. 15 minutes per battle. Fighting a battle on the Ranville map. 10th of June @7am. Fighting with 5th Para BDE/6th AB against II./125 21. Panzerdivison. The Game freezes, can't do anything about it

Sorry you're having a problem, but don't know what is going on.  I tried playing a game with both battlegroups on Ranville and can't seem to repeat the issue.  You might ask on the LSA/Matrix website, but don't know if Steve can help you there or not, though it's worth a shot if you ask in the tech support forum.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:15 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Granfali wrote (View Post):
Argggg!!! 00:00 bug again.  Twisted Evil

Two times during the last two days. Too much for us... campaign is over. I thought with LSA that old bug was gone but I see I was wrong!!!

Wish I knew how to fix that one, seen it in every version of CC since CC5... sooner or later.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: