Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:58 pm Post subject: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Hey all, I've decided to create my own map for CC2 to see if I can do it. But I've come across a few problems. I've tried searching here and googling, but I can't find the answers.

Using varius tools like 5CC, I've created all the relevant graphics files (I think, see below) and placed them in the right folders (I think, see below) but the game won't recognise them.

So, the big question is - How do I get CC2 to use my map?
Also, I've not had a chance to create Victory Locations or Deployment Zones. Is that why it's not recognising the map? What tools do I use to create them?
And what are aloob, axoob and scenario files? And do I need/how do I create them?

Current files:
    Placed in cc2/data/maps
    *map901 file
    *map901.los file

Placed in cc2/graphics/maps
    *bgmap file
    *mmmap file
    *ovmap file
    *no roof file as there isn't any buildings

Any and all help will be very appreciated, so thanks in advance!

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:40 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

I believe you can't "add" new maps. Try renaming your files to an existing map, say 231.
Of course, backup the map you are replacing.

*bgmap file
*mmmap file
*ovmap file

Those should have the map number too.

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:26 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Thank you, Ivan! I did as you said and it worked perfectly! I owe you

Just had my first battle on a map I created - so happy Smile

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:41 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Pics or it didn't happen!  Laughing  Laughing

My Youtube Channel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:47 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Hi Knight,

other than replacing an existing map you can extend the base file "BATNAMES" up to 50 entries for single battle play. In this case you must also add battle folders. See my CC2Guide-NewBattlesMaps-v6.pdf

from http://closecombat2.npage.de/guidelist.html

This PDF describes the "Ugur's method".

To set up your own scenarios/OOB-files, you can use my tool CCBMaker: http://closecombat2.jimdo.com/tool-downloads/

Cheers
Mafi

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:46 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Quote:
Pics or it didn't happen!  Laughing  Laughing

It's only a rough draft atm. I'm gonna go back and improve the map first, then you'll have your pics... and maybe even a small mod a little later Wink

Quote:
Hi Knight,

other than replacing an existing map you can extend the base file "BATNAMES" up to 50 entries for single battle play. In this case you must also add battle folders. See my CC2Guide-NewBattlesMaps-v6.pdf

from http://closecombat2.npage.de/guidelist.html

This PDF describes the "Ugur's method".

To set up your own scenarios/OOB-files, you can use my tool CCBMaker: http://closecombat2.jimdo.com/tool-downloads/

Cheers
Mafi

OMG Mafi that site's exactly what I needed! Surprised thank you thank you thank you!

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:52 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

2 maps done now. Going to create a few more and turn them into an operation. I'm certain you lot will find the concept completely weird - it's nothing like what's been done before Wink (now I'm just teasing you Laughing )

But I have a question. How do I turn what I've created so far into something that can be recognised by the cc2 configuration manager? I want to be able to install and uninstall like you do other mods - so I can share it with you lot of course!

Thank you in advance again.

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:27 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Hello Imperator, I have never done it myself, but If I understand correctly, a plugin is just a zip file where all the files are zipped together, not in separated folders. There are three txt files, Install, Uninstall and Readme.
Inside Install.txt you will find instructions to copy each file in the corresponding folder. Just download a working plugin, change the .pln extension to .zip, unzip it and you will see what I mean.
Then, using that txt as a template, you modify it to suit your needs.

I don't know how to make it do a backup of the files it replaces, or if it does the backup automatically. As I said, I never tried it before but thats pretty much how it goes.

My Youtube Channel

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Thanks again, Ivan! Nice Avatar change!

You make it sound so simple Smile I'll create the plugin, try it out and see what happens (having backed up my files just in case!).

For helping me, I'm going to post a picture of me playing my first map later on...

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:41 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Damn it! I was creating my maps, when the Germans took over my desk.

I guess I'll have to send in the paras to clear them off so I can carry on Wink

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:59 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

A desk too far? Laughing

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:04 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
A desk too far? Laughing

Perfect! Now I have the name of my mod Wink  Laughing

I've got 5 maps now btw. If you think this one's weird, just you wait! I've even got a story-line!!?! Very Happy

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:12 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

I like it, it reminds me of Army Men. Good luck with that!

My Youtube Channel

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:14 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Ivan_Zaitzev wrote (View Post):
I like it, it reminds me of Army Men. Good luck with that!

Yeah that's it in a nutshell! (FYI, it's easier for me to create this sort of map then it is to create a good looking cc map. So I thought I'd create a mod like this first, then move on to actually creating a proper mod, if that makes sense)

Ok I've come across another problem. I'm trying to create an operation. So I've gone into Batnames and increase the op number to 12 and made my op like so -

Quote:
A Desk Too Far

I've created a operation 40 file, then copied and pasted the files (aloob etc) from another operation into it. I've gone into the "ops" file and changed the battle names and numbers to suit (I think I've done it right). Now when I go into the game, the operation has a black picture, and when I click on it it says it can't find 231/aloob file - which is weird since this battle's in a different operation!

So I've messed up somewhere along the line again Laughing Any ideas where? Also, is there a tool to make the aloob etc files for operations??

Thanks again.

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Hi TIK, sorry but I can't help you here, this is as far as I have been in the moding area.
Have you checked Mafi's site? Is one of the last CCII sites standing and has a lot of guides. I hope somebody can help you.

My Youtube Channel

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:12 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Ok, I've recorded a battle with me playing the map above. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve it?

Link to Youtube: http://youtu.be/-4lHKmyFvjk

Still no idea how to get Operations/Campaigns to work  Embarassed  Crying or Very sad I just get a crash to desktop error

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:33 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Hi Knight,

probably you must modify the Ops file, otherwise the game will crash. But not all is possible. Look at existing mods, for example this smaller one: http://cc2revival.npage.de/

another problem might be:
- missing LOS files.
- missing Battle folders
- wrong map numbers inside the Scenario files
- not enough videos
- gaps in the numbering of battle folders
- OvData# file modding missing
- and so on.....

Good luck
Mafi

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:22 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Eek. So I've got a lot of work to do  Sad

Thanks though Mafi. I'll go down your list and try and narrow it down.

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:27 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Hi TIK, did you have any luck?
I'm trying to create an operation for the Kreta Mod but It's impossible.
I have modified
data\battles\300\Scenario
data\ops\30\Ops
data\brief\Albr30
data\brief\Axbr30

But nothing. I don't know what I'm missing.

My Youtube Channel

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:30 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Hey Ivan, I've not had a chance to do any more modding since last time I was on here so I can't help you (busy youtube schedule Rolling Eyes ).

Might have a chance this week though, so will let you know if I find a solution.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: