Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:15 am Post subject: Re: Panthers In the Fog Game Lobby horrible (patch it!) Reply with quote

Therefore the challenge for this community, as I see it - Respectfully, is to figure out how to position it self in this new landscape now carved up by the new owners of the game. The owner of this website can not do it alone, nor can a few old modders. It has to be a major part of the community that somehow align internally and reposition externally. -CC_CO

Again, please accept my respectful rebuttal to these assertations.  Arrow

One of the neat things about sites like CCS, is the diversity of its membership. Now, I don't mean racial or ethnic diversity, but rather a diversity of ideas, thoughts, and interest. A site like this can provide alot to its members and their pursuit of happiness and fun.

For instance, I would suggest that there are many CCS members that have pursued the alignments that you mention, perhaps on behalf of themselves, but perhaps on behalf of the community as well. As an example, Cathartes was mentioned at the top of the thread. He surely seems to represent the alignment you mention. There are perhaps others too, like southern_land, Tejszd, DAK_Legion, Mafi, and more than likely many more. So please do not construe my short list as the complete list.

It could be, that you have noticed some CCS members are not fully engaged in this re-alignment with all things Matrix, and all things MONEY. Perhaps your goal is a CCS membership that is 100% committed to the pursuit of profit by a certain entertainment establishment.

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:46 am Post subject: Re: Panthers In the Fog Game Lobby horrible (patch it!) Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers. I wrote a long reply but I need to edit heavily before posting.

But basically its about finding a title, defining the extremes and locating the position in between. Ill be back.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:51 am Post subject: Re: Panthers In the Fog Game Lobby horrible (patch it!) Reply with quote

ok ... and maybe you can take this reply into consideration with your next post.  Arrow

In August of 2004, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE all pitched in to create this Close Combat site. I would [like] to thank all the people who have visited and found this site to thier liking. I hope you had time to check out some of the great Close Combat mods and our forums. I'd also like to thank all the members of our volunteer staff that have helped over the years, and all our users that contributed to this site! -CCS Founders

CC_CO,

I hope you understand that Matrix has a very nice forum, with alot of activity on a daily basis. I have seen many days where there are over 20,000 people logged onto Matrix at a time. The most at CCS was 151, and I am guessing we don't come anywhere near that now days.

Also, Matrix already has a download site for CC mods. They have all the Legacy mods, and some newer mods for the re-released titles.

It was always their intention to provide these mods to their own community to add percieved value to your CC game purchase (or license shall we say). Now the Matrix uppers didn't need a college education to come to the realization that sites like this one might become superfolous. And using Schrecken as a guage, it would seem that was the hope.

But as this site added members over time, me thinks the culture here gravitated to the idea that this site WOULD NOT be about the pursuit of all things MONEY, and then later on, all things MATRIX. So perhaps it is that idea, and the culture that envelops that idea that set this site apart from the Matrix Site. Maybe that idea is the reason CCS persists to this day.

Surely Matrix does not need or require our opinions. Surely Matrix does not need or require our mods. Nor do our opinions or mods, impact sales to any large degree at Matrix. The need for computer assistance will never diminish, but will always grow. Imagine a 20 billion dollar industry of PC gaming, whining about piracy. They are VERY busy launching new products. For God's sake, look at the number of titles Matrix has put into the market place, since their inception. I'll bet the Matrix uppers never dreamed it could be this good.

Last edited by Stwa on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:43 pm Post subject: Re: Panthers In the Fog Game Lobby horrible (patch it!) Reply with quote

And then, within this 20 billion dollar industry of PC gaming, can anyone really determine the actual effects of piracy. Some vendors claim up to 90 percent of their user base employs a pirate copy of the software. Yet they still make a profit (probably a good profit), and they trundle on into the abyss. The main supposition;  "If only these users would purchase a license".  Idea

YA THINK ... 10-4 ... RGR THAT  Exclamation  Well, I stopped buying potato chips last year when they went to over 4 bucks a bag. But, I did not resort to pirate potato chips either. Maybe its all just a hunger issue.  Laughing   Idea

Consider these quotes from the article linked below.  Arrow

"[There's] no public data to suggest that DRM [Digital Rights Management] works," says Pachter, "but the fact that more companies are imposing it strongly suggests that they believe it works."

"Free-to-play games benefit from piracy to the extent that they can harness the distribution power and viral nature of pirate networks."

Article PC Investigations: How Bad is PC Piracy Really?

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:57 pm Post subject: Re: Panthers In the Fog Game Lobby horrible (patch it!) Reply with quote

The ultimate fate of MMCCIII has not yet been decided, but please keep in mind this is an old Matrix-hosted third party program.

Steve

Kinda makes one wonder if the PiFT Lobby will end up like this?

I always thought it was a shame they never created a program like this for the re-releases.
It would have been a massive boost to multiplayer especially if it could run a grand campaign.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 pm Post subject: Re: Panthers In the Fog Game Lobby horrible (patch it!) Reply with quote

Quote:
I always thought it was a shame they never created a program like this for the re-releases.
It would have been a massive boost to multiplayer especially if it could run a grand campaign.

Having both an opponent that you know well, or a close friend/clan member and an extremely reliable place to even start a campaign that will take many months, if not a couple of years to complete is essential.

Agree with you 100% there Michael. Started and finished a CC4 Grand campaign with a fellow clan member many years ago after it's release and it was probably the most fun ever had playing CC, even though lost the campaign eventually. The planning eventual tactics during daytime, even days in between and having a reliable host made everything essential or could never have happened.

The worrying over pirated copies must be an issue for matrix now, but not being able to just connect in case of a lobby going down could squash a campaign that had been fought over for months. Those are more fun than 6-8 day operations that many have started and am sure a few other LT players have fought threw a few. Just the planning and thinking during the day.. What to do that comes into your thoughts while at work even is something that never goes away.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: