Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1238
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
iawra

Rep: 9.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:34 pm Post subject: Great Victory Reply with quote

I just finished the german grand campaign on hero difficulty level, without reloading. It wasn’t much of a threat, AI is easily beaten.
Except for the commander, Neumann survived all battles, and Hauk died at the last. Tough guys.
Below, you can see my active roster at “The Battle for Berlin” operation. A lot of them died because of the heavy artillery (Hauk included) but finally russinas fled after all tanks were destroyed.

01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  221.83 KB
 Viewed:  9393 Time(s)

01.jpg

02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  172.64 KB

02.jpg

03.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  209.11 KB

03.jpg

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:11 am Post subject: Re: Great Victory Reply with quote

You should try the Inf Mod by Comrade Blabsky it is excellent.

Also, check out the AAR section of this forum under Multiplayer. We have a few posted in there. Everyone likes AARs, and youtubes of games.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

iawra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:57 pm Post subject: Re: Great Victory Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
You should try the Inf Mod by Comrade Blabsky it is excellent.

Thanks for the tip US Brake, nice mod, I enjoyed the campaign a lot. But I found it easier than the original game, since there aren't all those T-34s and KVs.

01_2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.1 KB
 Viewed:  9334 Time(s)

01_2.jpg

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:50 pm Post subject: Re: Great Victory Reply with quote

Should have made the russian commander a Major since the start, the AI can only select like 10 units at master sargeant.

iawra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:00 pm Post subject: Re: Great Victory Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Should have made the russian commander a Major since the start, the AI can only select like 10 units at master sargeant.

Is there a way to make the AI a Major without losing battles on purpose?
It will be a little more of a challenge, on Inf Mod, to command the russians and make the german AI a major from the beginning.

iawra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:44 pm Post subject: Re: Great Victory Reply with quote

I managed to finish the Der Ost Front 2.0 grand campaign on hero difficulty. Nevertheless, I found the difficulty curve in a nice balanced positive slope until "Stalingrad Final", being the most challenging operation. Passed that point the game becomes easier, getting points in excess even in hero difficulty...  It's like the balance in forces are upside down in relation to the history events, or something... Despite this fact, I enjoined a lot the mod, specially the ten first operations.
The AI is still easy to beat, that is why 1 of my soldiers equals 5,5 enemy's, and 1 panzer equals 14 russian tanks. In that last ratio, I have to point that I always used 2 anti tank guns, which made a lot of kills. Two of it's soldiers even got promoted to major!, but unfortunately no one survived the whole campaign, except for the commander who never was incapacitated, and accumulated a total of 12 knight's cross and 30 kills.
I hope that the game after "Panthers in the fog" will got a much more improved AI

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  271.72 KB
 Viewed:  465 Time(s)

1.jpg

iawra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 pm Post subject: Re: Great Victory Reply with quote

Well, I will go for grossdeutschland 2 mod now, and even if the author, on its notes, says that it has not been tested in hero difficulty, I will give it a try.

iawra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:52 am Post subject: Re: Great Victory Reply with quote

At last, and as promised, here is the GrossDeutchland2 campaign stats. Hero difficulty, 18 minutes, no victory locations, always obey orders for the Russians, and of course no reloading allowed.
Very very nice and balanced mod, best close combat 3 experience I ever had against the AI; highly recommended.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:19 am Post subject: Re: Great Victory Reply with quote

try the Fin of Romainian mods... they might test you

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

Jump to: