Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:31 pm Post subject: El Alamein Grand campaign AAR Reply with quote

This is going to be a AAR for my El Alamein Grand campaign .

Me and my opponent seem pretty amendment to play this mod to the very end. Its not often you find that.
Of course there was allot of crashes and set backs. But that's always expected.

The mod is fantastic.

I am the allies and my opponent is axis.

The axis have both German and Italian troops.

The allies have UK British, and Scottish divisions. As well as French,South African,Indian, Australian and New Zealand divisions.

This makes it fun and interesting.

will update soon..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: El Alamein Grand campaign AAR Reply with quote

Ready and waiting sir.  Cool

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:51 am Post subject: Re: El Alamein Grand campaign AAR Reply with quote

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10161&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Here is my old AAR. To bad i could never get it working H2H again. Maybe ill try in the future.

Its not easy to make a AAR with incomplete photos that were taken 3 months ago. But here we go.
(Once i start oploading photos from recent battles ill be able to explain the situations better.

Pete wrote (View Post):
Hey Antony, UOSO is a decent screenshot utility : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=3325  .

Thank you. This was a huge help. It works! Thanks Pete!  Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:07 am Post subject: Re: El Alamein Grand campaign AAR Reply with quote

M y opponent has encouraged me to get the remakes. I still don't no allot about them and im interested to see what the grand campaigns and ops are like. And how it will affect modification of certain battles and campaigns
I think night time and day would fit perfectly for El Alamein. Would also like to see a mod of the first battle of El Alamein. That battle was real tense slug fest from what i have gathered.

I remember one quote that was some thing like this:

"It was like too tired boxers completely exhausted slugging it out during the last few seconds on the last round"    
First battle of Alamein.

I pray my opponents MG guns,Tanks and AT guns are running out.

When this battle 1st started it was a nightmare. I have never played Bloody Omaha H2H against a real player. But after the 1st few battles of this mod i felt like i was in the same boat as the Americans.

My men were getting massacred. My tanks were all getting blown up. The 30 minute time limit gives me plenty of time. So i started to pace my self. Slow time. Sometimes i had to just try and survive the first round.

I have lost allot of missing photos and cant really tell a good story behind the photos. But ill show you what happened in some of the New Zealand battles.  

This is the most fun i ever had playing 2 player. We plan to play some more mods and he wants me to get the remakes.

We are fighting the Germans

This is the BG

Not a easy battle to deploy.This was one of the 1st battles i had in this Campaign
This was a mess.

My goal was to get to the house. And work my way from there.

German guns and mortar spotted.

Sneaking forward. Every thing seems under control.

Both tanks are lost.

I hope there is no one left alive in those shotup buildings.

Im stuck in the open. Large explosives come in.

Sonderkraftfahrzeug. My attention was focused on this German truck. Was able to take it out with radio artillery . Also, German lays dead near a dug in trench.

We cant move! Cant get a shot im trying im trying!
This early on i was still timid. I hadn't figured out a proper way to move.
Command teams are able to call in massive artillery rounds. It adds to the mix and adds another element to a mod that's a mixture of close range,long range combat. With both Infantry and tanks.

Plus dug in trenches, And guns all play a important role in this mod.

Im not doing to bad, right?

Badly pinned in the open. Taking loses.

I wasn't expecting this one. But i was still new.

Please note it says American losses. The sounds are american too. It was not intended. And is a clitch.

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:21 pm Post subject: Re: El Alamein Grand campaign AAR Reply with quote

OK. This time we will look at the same map. But this time the New Zealand troops are doing a meeting engagement,
The axis troops are stubbornly dug in. And its nice to have a meeting engagement for a change.

New Zealand BG
I actually didn't no this was a meeting engagement . But i brought allot of stationary teams like AT guns and rifles. Apart from them all i have are Engineers and 3 command teams to move out.

But at this point my goal was to try and still be there after 30 mins of battle. And just survive. Thats how bad it was.

Deployment

Deployment

I want those buildings

My deployment.

The battle

A good day of killing tanks.

In this picture: 2 AT guns and a tank are destroyed.

I wouldn't be surprised if these guys were the 1st to hold a building in the campaign. Aghhh the relief.  

Probably the first time our men get to run freely with out being pinned down.

Progress has been slow for us in el alamein. Especially for the NZ soldiers. Today has been a good day.  

No strat map. Will upload some more stuff soon.

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:13 am Post subject: Re: El Alamein Grand campaign AAR Reply with quote

T his time we will look at the strategic map. And look at whats happened. So far the New Zealanders had left a big hole in the front-line. But it got taken back.

See the map El Alamein, Well my opponent (Barnabus98K) actually attacked the map.
Fortunately the battle was a huge overwhelming defeat for the Germans. The 1st of its kind in the campaign. It was also the first time i was defending a map.

The South Africans had to fight for there life here. Hanging on the by there teeth. Typical for this early on in the GC. Alot of fighting for the mountain and house on the right.

An example of movement. Trying to free up the traffic jam

I don't have a up to date picture of the GC map. But it will come in time.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:09 pm Post subject: Re: El Alamein Grand campaign AAR Reply with quote

Thanks again for keeping us updated.  Cool

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: