Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:26 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

I forgot to show the terrain flags and victory locations.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

Hi all,

Well, I am "testing" the "new" maps.  Laughing

I am finding the Afrika 40 map set a very interesting set, and probably in the end, more interesting as an Arab Spring map set.

Don't get me wrong, the Ebro set is very nice too, but when you count all the airfields and various facilities in the Afrika set, it is very compelling.

Anway, if I add much more material from Afrika 40, I might just put asside and not use the maps from Ebro. Mainly to create unifromity to the whole map set.

Here is AS Airfield 2. I am finding that I can easily expand some of the maps if I need to. On this one I had to expand to the South and paint out some German airplanes, including 2 in the hanger (interior graphic).

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

The insturgents are doing the right thing, but trying to pick of my guys at the airfield from the mountain ridge.

Here is a nice overview. Note the minefields. The insurgents are never gone to get through all that.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:35 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

Here is AS Airport 1, another airfield with a monster minefield. I had to expand this map to the South, and elongate the runways.

Once again, I am having the AI (insurgents) try to attack my impregnable position.

But, as before, the AI has plenty of ON-CALL fixed wing support, thanks to NATO.  Laughing

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:18 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

OK,

I have been able to perform a great deal of testing. So, I am not going to pitch the mod, but I am gonna keep it. But I am gonna add some more tasks and make a few changes. So, the new tasks are as follows.

1. Remove all maps from the Ebro set. Try to add 5 more Afrika 40 maps, which will bring the total maps to 20.

2. Add the following factions: Egyptian Army and Insurgents. In so doing, I will exactly use all 184 BG Icon slots.  Very Happy

3. Darken the color of all Libyan Army insignia. I just have not been able to get that color right.

4. Change the Main and Debrief screen gadges. This was left over from the first task list.

5. Add +1 to the experience of the Syria Army infantry and all Insurgents, but not the Kurds.

6. Subract -1 from the experience and morale of all Libyan vehicles.

7. Subract -1 from the experience of all Egyptian Insurgents.

As of today, all of these tasks are complete, except 4, which I consider a total pain.  Laughing

Here are the Egyptians.  Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

I changed all the Libyan Army insignia to match the color used for the Egyptian Insurgents. Is is darker than before, and the contrast between this color and the green use on the Libyan Insurgents looks better.

This is necessary because of the split terrain flags, and VL markers.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:22 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

Everything is finished, excpet for the snarly Main and Debrief screen gadgets. But I will get to them in due time. They are a pain becuase I have to search the Internet for several pictures that will work with one another.

But apart from that, I deem the mod complete, and I am already having some fun battles (total laugher type battles)!

Now days check out my most used applications.  Laughing  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:20 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

Modding goes much quicker with CCMT.

I figure this game has 6 more years (maybe longer). I have 4 installs now:  Modern Tactics, WW2 Tactics, The Road To Bagdad, and Arab Spring. Each are very different and in total use hundreds of maps.

I have never enjoyed a game more than this one, and CCMT is at the pinnacle of CC game development (including PitF).

So, how about a few AARs? Here is AS Desert 3.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

It's too bad other games don't come with the Replay feature. There are lots of things you can learn from a replay. The first thing ... while you are watching, you notice that the movements of the AI don't look any more stupid, than the movements of the HP (that would be moi).  Laughing

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

When using large maps, it really is better to enable Force Morale. It keeps you from having to search all 900 tiles (sheesh!) for any enemies that decide to retreat and hide for the remainder of the game. That's a drag when it happens.

But, with Force Morale, it is imperative you be aggresive and capture the necessary VLs ASAP.

That I did not do in this battle, and therefore I was only able to get a stalemate. I left too many units in the rear and the advancing infantry spent too much time on their bellies.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:08 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

The Syrian plugin for Arab Spring allows all Libyan national insignia to be changed out with Syrian equivalents.  Arrow

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

Looks like great fun those battles. - You have really done a lot with these mods in a short time.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:59 am Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

Here is AS Desert 7. I expanded it to the North alot.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:03 am Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

Here is AS Desert 8, flatter than a tortilla. I had to expand it to the West.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:31 am Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

Here is AS Mountain 2. I had to expand it to the North.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

Here is AS Airfield 3. I expanded it to the North and East.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

Of course there is nothing keeping anyone from using these expanded maps for WW2.  Arrow

Bel8910

Rep: 80.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:20 pm Post subject: Re: Arab Spring Reply with quote

Looking good Stwa!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: