Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:29 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Southernland progress is very slow....

Pvt_Grunt,

The black line is the border between Belgium and France, the French units did not cross the border until the Germans attacked Belgium.

For Sedan you are right it is the 3 suburbs and not the city itself on the strat layer as the German attack was around the city and not through it.

I'll have to review the value of the individual maps, determined by the number and value of each individual maps VL's, to make sure the highest value maps are the west and east edges of the strat layer. Note the German right turn started a bit more west than depicted on the new strat layer.....

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:09 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Tejszd,

WOW!!! You Modgods are true artists of the highest caliber (no pun intended) as a true artist is never satisfied with his creations. The attention to detail you modders put into your work is tremendous and awe-inspiring. And now I get to see an upgrading to a version 4 for Meuse with even more maps and more time spent by me on finishing the scenario. I LOVE IT!!! No wonder I am addicted since I have all these mods available which in a sense makes the original purchase of the game many years ago go up in value many times over.  Very Happy

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:09 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

I'll have to review the value of the individual maps, determined by the number and value of each individual maps VL's, to make sure the highest value maps are the west and east edges of the strat layer. Note the German right turn started a bit more west than depicted on the new strat layer.....

It's a tough one to try and "steer" the players toward the historical victory. I do try to capture the enemy depots and garrison them with my strongest (usually armoured) BG.

Maybe it's best to just place the French supply depots and let the players do the rest. After all it's the Meuse crossing mod, not the Dunkirk mod -  "YET".

Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:30 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Here is a little preview of TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 v4.0.

The biggest change will be a new 64 map strat layer with 20 more Southernland maps  Very Happy

Looks stunning, and a neat improvement over the previous strat map!

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Hello all,
I just recently played the TLD version of this in single player, and can highly recommend it. I would imagine this would be a brilliant game to play H2H, but as there's very few people around on game ranger now I decided I'd give it a try in Single. To start with I tried playing as French, but that wasn't too successful so I switched after a couple of day to German and played the full game, which was one of the best I've had in SP mode ( I usually give up after a few days as it gets a bit boring ). However this mod was different, the AI actually fought back at times and with a little tweaking could put up a stout defence.

I suggest to anyone considering this to try it using these tweaks:-

Play as German side, as the AI defends better than it attacks.
Use a setting so that the French have an advantage in number.
After the first line of maps (the German supply depots are cleared) limit the number of changes you make to your BGs to one or two units, this will make it harder to overrun the French guns with your armour.
When the French opposition BG contains artillery observers, make sure that one present, these can compensate for the sporadic use the AI makes of its barrages and Air Strikes, as it seems somehow to recognise and use these units often to good effect.
If things seem to be moving too fast, accept truces when the AI offers them.

While these will indeed slow down your rapid advance they do make for a far more enjoyable game and one that will give you the occasional headache :)

Thank you very much for this mod and for the wonderful maps within it, I look forwards to the 64 map version with pleasant anticipation.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

wallach79

Rep: 29.5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:51 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

I just installed this mod and it looks great. I want to edit the campaign file in Battle group 'base' battle plans and I don't know who are the ALLIES and who is the AXIS in campaign file because in alsteam and axsteams they are reversed from normal TLD. Tejszd, could you help me?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:26 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Hi Wallach79,

The sides are reversed from the file names as that was required in CC5 to reverse the direction the sides attack/defend on the strat layer and was not changed back when I moved it to TLD.

wallach79

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:17 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Hi Wallach79,

The sides are reversed from the file names as that was required in CC5 to reverse the direction the sides attack/defend on the strat layer and was not changed back when I moved it to TLD.

Hi Tejszd,

I understand that but my question was about campaign file which is specifically to TLD. In this file I see the line, for instance Allied Infantry BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG 0,1,1,1,0,0.

This mean Allied infanttry is in fact German infantry?

leviath

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:17 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Hi, any progress for the 4.0 version or new things to show ? I like this mod !

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:18 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

wallach79 wrote:

Hi Tejszd,

I understand that but my question was about campaign file which is specifically to TLD. In this file I see the line, for instance Allied Infantry BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG 0,1,1,1,0,0.

Yes, in campaign.txt when it states Allied it is actually Axis/German.

Edit: after looking at these they should be edited as the TLD game designer had the Axis side being very aggressive which in Meuse is the French due to side change made in CC5

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:33 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Meuse v4.0 will be for LSA but progress is extremely slow due to the amount of changes req'd;
- every BG icon in the editor
- every unit picture
- the forcepool data
- color and or resizing UI buttons

RD_TG_Jager

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:52 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Tejszd,

Love playing the Meuse mod on TLD looking forward to your 4.0 release on LSA. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Tom

wallach79

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:02 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

wallach79 wrote:

Yes, in campaign.txt when it states Allied it is actually Axis/German.

Edit: after looking at these they should be edited as the TLD game designer had the Axis side being very aggressive which in Meuse is the French due to side change made in CC5

Ok. Indeed I edited my campaign file for playing as French vs German AI even before reading your answer because I thought so but I wanted to be sure.

One bug if you want that I noticed was that Dinant map where Rommel 7th Pz Div attacked has a single bridge with explosives at the middle. With a few mortar shots the French player can end any possibility for Germans to cross. I know that the Germans crossed at Dinant and also for playing the game would be good to remove the explosives from that bridge in your next version.

Otherwise, very well done mod. Congrats!

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:36 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

For Dinant the road bridge was blown by the French on May 12 at 4:20 pm (picture below) and Germans crossed to the North of the city (picture of an updated Dinant map for Meuse v4.0 below).

Dinant Updated.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  565.74 KB
 Viewed:  476 Time(s)

Dinant Updated.jpg

Dinant Bridge Blown.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  236.11 KB
 Viewed:  409 Time(s)

Dinant Bridge Blown.jpg

wallach79

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:21 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

I wanted to say that the Germans crossed at Dinant, not on main bridge but on a pontoon bridge. In current version there is only the main bridge with explosives, so on this map I saw no action in my campaign after I hit the bridge by chance (I even didn't know about explosives) with a few mortar rounds.

From what a saw in your future map it's good that in the new version will be an improvised bridge in north but I think for the game would be better a pontoon bridge with possibility for vehicle to cross. Otherwise, will be hard for AI and even for human player to cross on this map without bringing armour on the other shore.

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:56 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Dinant looks much better, bigger. The Germans seem less likely to get trapped on the other side.

Agreed with Wallach above.

Pzt_Decoy

Rep: 25.7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Hello all,

I recently started playing the Meuse mod for TLD H2H.

But I noticed the Germans can not reinforce there Bg's and that is a serious handicap for them.

Does anyone know how or if the Germans get any reinforce option for there Bg's?

Thanks !

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:17 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

The Germans (or the French) do not get the reinforce button/option in Meuse mod.

The quantities for guns and tanks should be fairly consistently reduced per division for both sides and then spread across the number of BG's so the Germans do have more guns/tanks and support while the French have an advantage in infantry.

Some unique and very limited quantity items were divided by 2 or 3 instead of the standard 6 used so they could still be in the game. The reason for dividing by 6 was so that you do have to manage/watch the supply of guns/tanks in the GC.

As the German player you need to push forward against the initial tough French Calvary BG's so that the follow up German BG's can get into the campaign. Then break through the French infantry BG's to capture some maps and surround some of them (as supply the rules in TLD work properly) before French reinforcements show up....

Having said the above it is possibly the GC is not perfectly  balanced for H2H play as the amount of feedback/results has been low and the age old question of the historical situation vs game play.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:29 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc02Yz5Rlcw&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKxcH02TLlM

For those of you wondering how it is to play, trying to win GC with French.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:37 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

It would have been a great mod.. I am deeply disappointed. I tried the campaign twice and if you don't manually save, It locks you out of a random ending battle via a "Loading..." screen and hangs then proceeds to delete all your progress during the campaign when you start Meuse mod back up to continue with it. This happened to me twice half way through 2 grand campaign tries. I'll be damned if I have to start a new campaign for a 3rd time because of that bullshit. Time I don't want to spend on it. Better luck next time. BTW I was winning as French. Re testing.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Last edited by vobbnobb on Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: