Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1264
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:05 pm Post subject: Multiplayer connection problems Reply with quote

Hey all,

I have been having a lot of problems trying to connect to other players on gameranger and via direct connection. I know I need to open ports - although Gameranger is opening them for us - which I have done but I am not sure if I have done that properly. On this site I find this information:

Firewall Settings for Manual Connections
For Close Combat 1 through 5, including Cross of Iron and Modern Tactics;
- Open the port range 2300-2400 for TCP
- Open port 47624 for TCP

For Last Stand Arnhem, Wacht Am Rhein and The Longest Day;
- Open ports 6073 and 47624 for TCP
I even opened port 16000 as recommended by Gameranger.

Initially I used a portforwarding tool to open these ports but then I found out that it was not actually updating my router. I then went into the router settings to open them manually but it was not only asking for the range of ports to open but also for the internal port. I have no idea what port that should be.
Secondly : although Gameranger is supposed to open these ports for me I am still getting the message that I am behind a "Port-restricted Cone NAT router". If I opened the ports correctly would I still be getting this message?
I tried switching off my firewall - makes no difference.
Hope anyone can help me out with this because I have been unable to connect to anyone for months now. Come to think of it, not since I got a new modem last summer.
I am unable to playtest the last version of Ortona which is stopping me from releasing it.

Thanks in advance

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

ikrananka

Rep: 29.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection problems Reply with quote

I probably can only help a little and look for others with more experience with Close Combat multiplayer, but I can comment on the following:

If your computer is behind a router then it should only be necessary for you to open the ports on your router and you should not need to use a port forwarding service.

When opening the ports on your router, the IP should be the internal IP of the computer you are using, typically of the form 192.168.1.###.  Set the internal and external port values/ranges to be the same.

I have so far only played Close Combat 2 via multiplayer and so do not know about the newer games, but when I start a game via GameRanger I too get the message about "Port-restricted Cone NAT router".  I think that so long as you have manually opened the correct ports on your router this message is irrelevant and can be ignored.

BTW - for Close Combat 2 the port that needs to be opened is TCP 1945 and not the 2300-2400 stated.

Hope this helps.

pt11070

Rep: 15.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:58 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection problems Reply with quote

Mooxe? Help Ortona people out.

Pete

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:24 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection problems Reply with quote

Ok, I found additional information on the internet on how to open ports on my router and it may have helped. When opening a room on Gameranger I no longer get the message that I am behind a NAT router. Still need to test actual connecting to other players.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:16 am Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection problems Reply with quote

Yah I can help you guys when I see you on GR next. I used to help tons of people with routers but ever since they removed Remote Admin function on MSN Messenger I can't do it for anyone now.

Pete

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection problems Reply with quote

Ok, PT and I were finally able to get a connection. Still not on Gameranger but directly via tcp with me hosting.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: