Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Thorsfew

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:39 pm Post subject: Retail version issue Reply with quote

Hello to the surviving few... (Cases and TH)
I'm running retail version 2.0
unfortunately this does not bode well with other gamers that appear to be running retail version 2.2
I am running patch 2.b and 3.4  with no issues in single player and map editing.
Just can't connect to others via game or via gameranger.
Any help, advise or chat welcomed!!

Boro_XXX

Rep: 9.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: Retail version issue Reply with quote

Just to add, thorsfew and I tried connecting directly and via Game Ranger. Both approaches failed.
Please help us, if you know how to work around that stuff. I need my cc2 fix ASAP!

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:44 pm Post subject: Re: Retail version issue Reply with quote

sounds like a router/firewall problem. I would look into the router maker page to know how to open ports and such.

Boro_XXX

Rep: 9.4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: Retail version issue Reply with quote

I am afraid it isnt. Thorsfew and I tried again. He installed the patches in order required, and his troops read the 3.4 extension. It would mean that 2.0b had to be installed in order to install 3.4. Anyways, we werent able to connect either via GR or direct conn. My 1945 are open.

Any ideas anyone?

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:48 pm Post subject: Re: Retail version issue Reply with quote

Hi, I had the same issue. The retail version 2.2 is a strange error because the last version was 2.0, there should not be a 2.2.
Sadly I never managed to get pass this error.

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

ikrananka

Rep: 29.5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:09 pm Post subject: Re: Retail version issue Reply with quote

I believe that I have a solution for this and have successfully tested with two other players.  Really would like to do a little more testing with one or two others before I roll the fix out (VERY simple fix by the way).  If you'd like to volunteer for testing them please reply here or PM me.  All you need to do is to have CC2 installed and patched to 2.0b.  No other mods initially.

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:08 am Post subject: Re: Retail version issue Reply with quote

Hey, can you share your solution? I'm available this weekend to test it.
Also, are you not using the 3.4 patch?

My Youtube Channel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

ikrananka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: Retail version issue Reply with quote

Ivan_Zaitzev wrote (View Post):
Hey, can you share your solution? I'm available this weekend to test it.
Also, are you not using the 3.4 patch?

I'll send you an email with the patch and we can discuss when we're both available for some testing.

I have been testing both without and with the 3.4 mod.  Note that my patch updates the actual game executable (based on the 2.0b executable) while the 3.4 mod ONLY changes the game data files.  So, they are mutually exclusive and therefore one does not affect the other.

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:27 pm Post subject: Re: Retail version issue Reply with quote

I just tested this with ikrananka and it worked like a charm, so make that three happy players.

My Youtube Channel

ikrananka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:30 pm Post subject: Re: Retail version issue Reply with quote

Mooxe has found the root cause of the problem as discussed here: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10424

My fix is now no longer applicable.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: