Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1239
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Bel8910

Rep: 80.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:01 pm Post subject: MAP HELP Reply with quote

Need some assistance:

Ok, so using some  guidance here on making maps and using 5CC, I was able to take a CCMT map, and scale it to fit PITF.  I have two issues, though:

I am not able to see my OVM and MMM.  That's not an issue really, just something I haven't figured.  Here is the BIG issue:

I put my new map into game...it works, it is playable except I can not connect to it.  I used BTD to modify my victory locations and which maps it would connect to, but it still didn't work.

for PITF map connections what am I missing?  

Thanks for the help!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:26 am Post subject: Re: MAP HELP Reply with quote

Hey Bel,

I don't have PitF, so I am not sure if I can help you. But I am looking at 5CC now to see if there are any clues there.

BTW, in the old days there was a file in the game's map folder called index.mpi where all of the maps (for a game), were translated into a unique number, and the btd, battle, campaign, and ops files would refer to each map by its unique number, not it's name.

Maybe Tejszd knows the deal with PitF...

Another thing though, can you try this process in reverese. In other words, scale a PitF map @ .625 (10/16), convert it to 16 bit tga, convert to BGM, etc.. and see if it can be loaded and used in CCMT. If that works, I might be a buyer of PitF. It's more complicated than all that, there are the rfm files etc, but they might be able to be scaled too, it is just the roof data that might need modifying. Don't know, so I have never tried.

Bel8910

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:40 pm Post subject: Re: MAP HELP Reply with quote

Stwa,

Thanks for feedback.  I figured out I was doing wrong. The map connections for the map I replaced was right; I didn't check the surrounding maps. Once I did that, no problems.  Using 5CC to convert the maps by changing the size by 160% has been hit and miss.  I was able to do it with one CCMT map (Centralian 1) but couldn't do it with a second map (border).  Have been using other maps from CC5 mostly and it is working.

thanks again.
Bel

Bel8910

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:16 am Post subject: Re: MAP HELP Reply with quote

Ok, not sure what I did wrong here! First time I did the map conversion I did not have any interior spaces and couldn't access them- which I was fine with.  I re-did the map and ended up with the white blocks around the buildings!

UO0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  124.48 KB
 Viewed:  430 Time(s)

UO0008.jpg

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: MAP HELP Reply with quote

The maps connections in stratmap.txt Comrade BEL!

heia Safari!!

Bel8910

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:47 pm Post subject: Re: MAP HELP Reply with quote

Dak,
I have converted a few maps for NKI so that it won't look so "European".  If you want them, I'll zip them and send them to you.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:18 am Post subject: Re: MAP HELP Reply with quote

Bel8910 wrote (View Post):
Ok, not sure what I did wrong here! First time I did the map conversion I did not have any interior spaces and couldn't access them- which I was fine with.  I re-did the map and ended up with the white blocks around the buildings!

I suspect the white isn't true white for whatever reason... CC sees white as transparent, just a little bit of greying in there will leave those areas looking pretty white, but not white

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: MAP HELP Reply with quote

Yes bel!...I want new maps for NKI

heia Safari!!

Bel8910

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:50 pm Post subject: Re: MAP HELP Reply with quote

Dak,
I'll put them together for you!
Bel

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

Jump to: