Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:39 am Post subject: US Grenade types Reply with quote

I had a platoon squad take out a Panther G with some type of grenade, I looked on wikipedia for the type but found nothing but the regular ones. The tank leader was severely wounded and driver injured, gunner and loader were healthy and assistant surrendered. Tank was destroyed according to after battle report.. If they were regular grenades It must have penetrated the crew lid on top to injure driver and commander,  I don't think this is the case though. The commander I see has holes in his viewport on top of the panther where even regular grenades can cause splash damage if thrown up around on top, I don't see how it would destroy the tank though unless a different type of grenade was used which I couldn't find the name of. 5 grenades were thrown at this tank from range of 6-10 meters (very close) the platoon commander must had had a special type because he is the one credited with the tank kill. I do notice some grenades thrown are HE/TNT from the fireball afterwords maybe there is a tnt one the commander uses. Could he have hit the fuel line and that is why kill was credited injuring commander and driver? Any clue???

pg.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  253.27 KB
 Viewed:  473 Time(s)

pg.jpg

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:22 am Post subject: Re: US Grenade types Reply with quote

I don't have this game, but if it shows the weapons the teams have in the selection screen, like CC5, you could check the grenade there. Else, you could check the team, soldiers and weapons files to pinpoint the grenade, if it was a different one from the usual ones. Or, you could wait for someone who has the game and can give you a better answer.  Very Happy

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:07 am Post subject: Re: US Grenade types Reply with quote

It's been an issue since the game was released.
I also seem to think they can lob them farther

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:14 am Post subject: Re: US Grenade types Reply with quote

I first thought rifle grenade, but it looks like the leader has a carbine. I think only Garrand has a rifle grenade.
I would put it down to the random "1 in a million" chance that happens in CC from time to time, usually against me!

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:14 am Post subject: Re: US Grenade types Reply with quote

I play CC on most zoomed in mode at 800x600 so I can see this little stuff happening and also can't see the screen at a higher res because game gets tiny at high res. Yeap no rifle grenade. If he was using regular grenades do you think there is something to weak armor on top or viewports falling through engine grates and landing near gas tank etc? Even exploding on top of grates and shrapnel getting inside to the fuel tanks. It sounds like baloney but if CC takes into account of sides, rear and frontal armor why not this?

Other amazing stuff I have seen

I have seen my troops (when they don't go into broken mode) crawling under tanks for the longest time and have had no clue why but remembered about the crew escape hatches underneath some tanks. Maybe they try to get them open?

Just today a tank wiped out my team and the only guy surviving shot his rifle (non spigot) at tank I swear i saw it all must have been pretty pissed off. Other times I was playing a leader dies after ambushing for 15 minutes I saw a guy under his team go fanatic and run right out into enemy fire while shooting back.. Bullets flying around him everywhere never got shot though and returned back into a house with rest of team after he calmed down. But this is all coded into the game pretty amazing..

fanat.jpg
 Description:
haha jeez.....
 Filesize:  6.5 KB
 Viewed:  7651 Time(s)

fanat.jpg

engineers.jpg
 Description:
I see the leader of the engineers always use this tnt if close to the tanks, so maybe it could be a different type of grenade the platoon leader uses also.
 Filesize:  67.73 KB
 Viewed:  416 Time(s)

engineers.jpg

Last edited by vobbnobb on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:39 pm Post subject: Re: US Grenade types Reply with quote

The soldier could also have used a special ammo grenade (designated SP in-game).

Checkout the files and look for the grenade row, then check its attributes and see how powerful it is. After that you could look for the team in question and see if they have assigned an SP grenade.

In CC5 all AB teams had a few of those wich could knock out or immob tanks, since its treated as ammo of the same type of weapon, it has the same sound and weapon icon, the only indication you have that the soldier is using it is because the ammo changes from HE to SP.

Off-topic: Playing CC at 800x600, that is hardcore!

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: US Grenade types Reply with quote

Yeah, 800x600. That is what you really call "CLOSE COMBAT."

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:01 pm Post subject: Re: US Grenade types Reply with quote

@kanov Thanks, I will take this as a sort of special purpose grenade as the SP meaning then, As far as viewing the types I don't have the know how to view those game files. I did see some US mk2s have more tnt or different filler. I did also notice a grenade icon near the group monitor AT ranges, was looking for that icon to change but nothing. There are tiny explosions which are regular grenades and then there are tiny fireballs I'll take the fireballs as SP grenades then. Thanks. Will keep an eye out for SP when they throw next time.

@schmal_Turm and you do see a whole lot more game detail at that level, because well everything is bigger. This is the only game I can say that I can play without caring about graphics kind of like a board game chess or checkers but 1000 times better with more strategy.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: US Grenade types Reply with quote

The only time I play at 800x600 is when I forget to change the resolution after a fresh install, and I don't want to inconvenience my opponent by having to reconnect....

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:07 pm Post subject: Re: US Grenade types Reply with quote

Just today a tank wiped out my team and the only guy surviving shot his rifle (non spigot) at tank I swear i saw it all must have been pretty pissed off. Other times I was playing a leader dies after ambushing for 15 minutes I saw a guy under his team go fanatic and run right out into enemy fire while shooting back.. Bullets flying around him everywhere never got shot though and returned back into a house with rest of team after he calmed down. But this is all coded into the game pretty amazing.. -vobbnobb

OK, you are officially hooked.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: US Grenade types Reply with quote

Tom Hanks blew up a tiger with a 9mm pistol.

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:25 pm Post subject: Re: US Grenade types Reply with quote

I remember that I just loved to look at the close-up view of the tanks in CC3 and CoI. Too bad that wasn't an option after those games.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: