Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:36 pm Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

jakebullet70 wrote (View Post):
FYI
America's output of AFV according to Wikipedia was around 122,000

god bless Wiki! Wink
Now try to find the total production of armored vehicles for the USA.

jakebullet70

Rep: 39.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:48 pm Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

You sited no sources. None at all. You just spout off bull crap. You are funny!!!! Really funny and boring...    Surprised

SITE SOURCES!!!!!!!! Please!  :)

No facts, Out produce America...  LOL  How, Where? Anything? Come on. Just this one fact.
Please!!!!

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:57 pm Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

You sited no sources. None at all. You just spout off bull crap. You are funny!!!! Really funny and boring...    Surprised
SITE SOURCES!!!!!!!! Please!  Smile
No facts, Out produce America...  LOL  How, Where? Anything? Come on. Just this one fact.
Please!!!!

again, I made statements, you said they are bull crap, so it's up to you to disprove my statements - that's a simple logic Wink.
if you don't have sources to disprove my statement then you should fuck off or make an excuse for your shitty statement and ask for answers - that's a simple logic Wink

jakebullet70

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

Sources!!!  Site them!!!  Please!!!!

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

Yeah, I also would be very interested to see sources cited during arguments (overall) Smile

Apart from strengthening the discussing people's cases, it also makes it much more interesting to follow the discussion since other people can also learn some stuff from these sources.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
Yeah, I also would be very interested to see sources cited during arguments (overall) Smile
Apart from strengthening the discussing people's cases, it also makes it much more interesting to follow the discussion since other people can also learn some stuff from these sources.

I can answer and explain but first the guy needs to excuse for his words or disprove my words.

jakebullet70

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:20 pm Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

CITE SOURCES!!! You never did.
At least I used Wikipedia, you used nothing. Nothing at all.

I am done. Thread closed for me. Waste of time.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:54 pm Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

CITE SOURCES!!! You never did.
At least I used Wikipedia, you used nothing. Nothing at all.
I am done. Thread closed for me. Waste of time.

fuck off, bye.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:37 pm Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

I would say in WW2 soviet tanks on average were out armored but not out gunned. They had an easier time fighting German armor than the US & British did, mostly due to their high calibre main guns. They knew this. They most likely used poor visibility and the snow to hinder their advance of being seen when assaulting if you can't hit the armor in a snow storm or at night it wouldn't matter how many inches the tank had on it.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:05 am Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

No...T-34 really is the best all around tank in WW2 due to production rate, innovative sloped armour (Germans copied later) and good balance of speed/protection.  Yes later in war, the Tigers and Panthers were superior...however by the time they arrived it was already too late.  The Germans had been routed in Stalingrad and it was the T-34 that broke the backs of the Axis forces.

russ109

Rep: 12.9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:18 pm Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

The writing was on the wall for the Germans in the fall of 1941. The Army was over streched, poor logistics, not nearly enough fuel, ammunition, limited tanks, vehicles and never enough soldiers to replace the losses.

The Tiger and Panther good defensive tanks as they were, were over engineered, costly to produce and required a skilled work force to assemble, specially in the case of the Tiger, hence why only a limited number were built.

The T34 was designed to be mass produced by a semi / unskilled work force in large numbers. It couldn't have been that bad as one of the manufacturers who was competing for the Panther contract produced a prototype near identical to the Russian tank.

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:35 pm Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

Quote:
No...T-34 really is the best all around tank in WW2 due to production rate, innovative sloped armour (Germans copied later) and good balance of speed/protection.

T-34 sloped armor was based on S-35 armor shape.
due to lack of AP shells the main AT ammo for T-34 76mm gun was HE or cannister set on impact till like mid 1942 so they couldn't really fight the German tanks unless in ambush.

Quote:
Yes later in war, the Tigers and Panthers were superior...however by the time they arrived it was already too late.

again, PzIVG was already a pure T-34 killer.

Quote:
The Germans had been routed in Stalingrad and it was the T-34 that broke the backs of the Axis forces.

in Stalingrad around 50% of the RA tanks were T-60/70.

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: T-34 not the best tank? Reply with quote

Quote:
The writing was on the wall for the Germans in the fall of 1941. The Army was over streched, poor logistics, not nearly enough fuel, ammunition, limited tanks, vehicles and never enough soldiers to replace the losses.

ha! both Germans and Soviets  thought differently till like spring 1943 Wink.
example: half of the USSR population remained on the occupied territories by late 1942.

Quote:
The Tiger and Panther good defensive tanks as they were, were over engineered, costly to produce and required a skilled work force to assemble, specially in the case of the Tiger, hence why only a limited number were built.

Tiger wasn't a defence tank, Panther was.

Quote:
The T34 was designed to be mass produced by a semi / unskilled work force in large numbers. It couldn't have been that bad as one of the manufacturers who was competing for the Panther contract produced a prototype near identical to the Russian tank.

not correct, T-34 was a high tech for the Soviet industry and it was very hard to produce it.
but VK3001(db) was never accepted Wink. and somehow very few captured T-34 were pressed to service and before they were upgraded to suit the German demands...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: