Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:34 pm Post subject: Immortal Stugs Reply with quote

while i played the stalingrad mod i had a bunch of T-34/41 and when a Stug IIIE came up i had four T-34s shoot at it and after 20-something rounds all four t-34s are damaged or downed. should this happen Confused

What would H Jones do?

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Stug's are pretty tough in the front, were any side or rear shots?
Sometimes with CC it's just the role of the dice, strange things can happen and make you curse and scream Confused Confused Sad

But you always play again Twisted Evil

poli

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a simaler situation on GJS- a Panzer G just behind a hedge row.. I had a firefly and 2 sherman 3's firing at it.. and it wouldnt die! The main gun went first cus it wasnt returning fire- but the shots kept glancing off.b Then I tried a trick, I put all 3 tanks on ambush and waited till they had all reloaded, I then ordered all 3 to fire at the same time.. 3glancing shot's.... But when I did it the second time, the three shots hit pretty much at the same time and BOOOM!

"What is your major malfunction ?????"

chocoleibniz

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm through the first week of the GC Stalingrad and I must say my Stugs are going great. I've lost a few v T-34s but the others are all performing heroics (well, slaughtering loads of Soviet infantry - perhaps not that heroic!).

My only surviving Iron Cross is from a Stug and I have two other BGs both with two stugs who have racked up plenty of kills.

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

all four were frontal shots but it was on a hill and my T-34s were on ground level. (now i really don't depend on the T-34 i mostly use the KV-1 to bruise the german armor)

What would H Jones do?

VonVolks

Rep: 6.6

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

STGs make my men cry.....

so many hits...so few kills.....

My Gamer Blog

Silencer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Stug's have good frontal armour. lowest is 80mm@near vertical. the rest is sloped, and giving additional protection.
when the stug is on a hill, the protection even increases. (unless you can hit the lower front)
a stug or hetzer hulll down & on a hill is a though opponent...

VonVolks

Rep: 6.6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

a good day in the trenches.....

3 STGs down...... Razz

My Gamer Blog

braveheart

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

When I use StuG 3E or StuG 3F, It cannot defeat T34. Always destroyed by T34, it is very strange. Because in reality, StuG 3F should have almost the same armor and power with T34

Pzt_Rasalom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

best way to kill those T34's with stug's is stay away from face to face confrontation.

distract T34 with infantry(is ok most of them cannonfodder anyway) move fast out of hiding spot(in trees, beside/behind building) shoot while it reloads HE then sneak backwards.

if done right it will be caught making a reload decision. after you reload repeat.

doesn't always work though. but when well placed and well executed....

Any fool with a fast pair of hands can take a tiger by the balls. But it takes a hero to keep squeezing....

socrates

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuGs low profile also make it more difficult to nail it good and proper.
My bother has been with the russian medium tanks. My tank leader (panzer IIIj) landing no less than twenty AP shells on a T34 (or was it 37 I can't remember the numbers) and only got nailed its self. On another occasion my medium paK completely unloaded at under 100m and still didn't take down its mark. AAAAAARGH

Monkey see monkey do

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:09 pm Post subject: Re: Immortal Stugs Reply with quote

The StugIIIe is good for killing infantry... and the StugIIIf can 'sometimes' take on the T34s and KVs. If my Stug e is spotted by enemy armor... it is done for.  Crying or Very sad

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:40 am Post subject: Re: Immortal Stugs Reply with quote

Stugs destoryed more tanks than any AFV in history...

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Tweed

Rep: 11.9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:20 pm Post subject: Re: Immortal Stugs Reply with quote

When you play against AI:
- Avoid using your armor directly against enemy's armor. It is unnecessary risk, unless opponent''s armor's main gun damaged, or turretless armor - immobilized.
- AT guns are best against any armor. Have 1-2 in any BG of yours. Use them in ambush and defend modes to keep them unspotted by enemy. Ones you set the target for your gun manually, the gun is spotted and killed.
- russian AT rifles are extreamly effective against armor. By immobilizing/damaging main gun/killing wounding crew members you (when play russians) can severely decrease enemy's tank performance.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:38 am Post subject: Re: Immortal Stugs Reply with quote

They do seem a over powered with the ease of taking them on as allies in the western front cc games. Doesn't make sense why the ones on stalingrad mod are stronger especially going up against KV-1 and T-34. I don't think the starting off with fragile crews for the russian side is correct anyways. I am a couple days in GC and have seen the most idiotic cowardly actions performed by them such as backing into enemy in a firefight and constantly showing sides and just outright stopping and not backing away from ambushing enemy troops in foxholes

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad

Jump to: