Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:06 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

We must try to get to know Russia a bit more. As they are so eager to spread there superior lifestyle, culture, technology, economics as well as political life.  

I posted this before in another thread, but its here it belongs:

Let’s look at another subject, where Putin-Russia stands out.

Corruption!

Russia is ranked 35 in the world on corruption. That’s not bad is it?
Na, see, being No:1 is not the best, but the worst.
Being at the end of the list at rank 180 would be the best.

There Putin-Russia is at Rank 35, amongst Sierra Leone, and Timor…

Actually Pakistan is at rank 43, thus outperforms Russia… Bangladesh at rank 45, Uganda at 46, Nigeria at rank 47… Now there’s some countries that Putin Russia should have as role models.

Link: http://www.ranker.com/list/the-most-corrupt-countries-in-the-world/info-lists?limit=100  

I dount know why, but Russia looks a bit kaputin to me...

Hush, silence,  listen now, let Dima show us the “Putin-kin village.*”

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potemkin_village

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:52 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
We must try to get to know Russia a bit more. As they are so eager to spread there superior lifestyle, culture, technology, economics as well as political life.  
I posted this before in another thread, but its here it belongs:
Let’s look at another subject, where Putin-Russia stands out.
Corruption!
Russia is ranked 35 in the world on corruption. That’s not bad is it?
Na, see, being No:1 is not the best, but the worst.
Being at the end of the list at rank 180 would be the best.
There Putin-Russia is at Rank 35, amongst Sierra Leone, and Timor…
Actually Pakistan is at rank 43, thus outperforms Russia… Bangladesh at rank 45, Uganda at 46, Nigeria at rank 47… Now there’s some countries that Putin Russia should have as role models.
Link: http://www.ranker.com/list/the-most-corrupt-countries-in-the-world/info-lists?limit=100  
I dount know why, but Russia looks a bit kaputin to me...
Hush, silence,  listen now, let Dima show us the “Putin-kin village.*”
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potemkin_village

Matts, comon, you are getting stuck in your own arguments. Start to use logic please.
I will repeat again:

Quote:
http://www.transparency.org/cpi2013/results
http://www.transparency.org/cpi2010/results
According to the Transparence International Corruption Perceptions Index Russia went from place 154 (out of 178) in 2010 to place 127 (out of 175) in 2013.
So it's obvious we are fighting the corruption here slowly  
While in same time f.e. Ukraine went from place 134 (out of 178) in 2010 to place 144 (out of 175) in 2013.

Don't you think that having almost 20% less corruption in 3 years is a good results?

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:11 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
the report of the EU comission clearly said Georgia attacked, Russian retaliated.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/29/world/europe/29georgia.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0  
http://www.dw.de/independent-report-blames-georgia-for-south-ossetia-war/a-4746802  

Georgia might have initiated things militarily but Russia encouraged the rebels who openly resisted governance by Tbilisi.  Donetsk and Luhansk are basically a repeat of South Ossetia without Russian intervention.

Dima wrote (View Post):

Was the brutal subjugation of American Indians taught to you in school?
We conquered Crimea in XVIII century - Osman Empire refused their rights on Crimea after loss in 1774 year war. The remaining Tatars were allowed to leave in Crimea. So?

Why do you bring up the plight of the American Indians?  I asked you a serious question, I wasn't being sarcastic.  But yes, they teach the history of how early Americans destroyed the Indian way of life, it's not hidden or distorted.  And there are some Americans who probably could care less about what happened (the grunts, as you would call them), but most sensible people recognize that it was an atrocity.  

I'm wondering if your history books talk about the more recent treatment of Tartars by the communists.  I read and heard so many comments that made it seem like some Russians regarded Crimea as "always" a part of Russia, which is nonsense.

And I actually think the annexation of Crimea by Russia is a good thing.  The majority of people there are Russian now, so it seems fit for it to be a part of Russia.  And, the big plus for the Ukraine is the ~2million less voters who normally vote for the Party of Regions and the communists.

Dima wrote (View Post):

the militia says they can't get modern ATGM from Russia. Whom should we believe you or them?

Come on Dima, it's a fact that Russia is supplying arms to the rebels.  And, why wouldn't Russia arm them?  It makes sense for them to support ethnic Russians.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:29 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Don't you think that having almost 20% less corruption in 3 years is a good results?

No, it doesn’t say Russia has 20 % less corruption. Where can you see that?

But the question is… As Putin came to power in 1999, now its 15 years later… The country he rules over is ranked at 35 from the bottom, or 48 at the bottom as thee worst corrupt countries in the world…  

And you think Putin is doing fine after 15 years in power?  

Is that all it takes to make Russians happy?

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:37 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
A country like Russia is simply too large and complicated to pigeon hole with statistics.

Where do you get that idea from…

Here is a list of the 10 largest countries in the world, life expectancy 1990 and 2012:

Year; country; life expectancy in years:

In 1990 Russia had an average life expectancy of 69 years.  
In 2012 Russia had an average life expectancy of 69 years.

Russia has not increased its life expectancy 69-69=0

In 1990 Canada had an average life expectancy of 77 years.  
In 2012 Canada had an average life expectancy of 82 years.

Lets see, the worlds second largest country is Canada it has increased its life expectancy 82-77=5 years while Russia has not.

In 1990 China had an average life expectancy of 69 years.  
In 2012 China had an average life expectancy of 75 years.
China increased its life expectancy with +6 years.

In 1990 USA had an average life expectancy of 75 years.  
In 2012 USA had an average life expectancy of 79 years.
USA with +4.

In 1990 Brazil had an average life expectancy of 66 years.  
In 2012 Brazil had an average life expectancy of 74 years.
Brazil with 8 years… Or as we say, 8-0 to Brazil… Do they need a putin you think?

In 1990 Australia had an average life expectancy of 76 years.  
In 2012 Australia had an average life expectancy of 81 years.
The grate nation of …. +5 years…

In 1990 India had an average life expectancy of 58 years.  
In 2012 India had an average life expectancy of 66 years.
India managed +8 years…

In 1990 Argentina had an average life expectancy of 73 years.  
In 2012 Argentina had an average life expectancy of 76 years.
Hmm, +3

In 1990 Kazakhstan under Soviet/russian rule had an average life expectancy of 58 years.  
In 2012 the free Kazakhstan had an average life expectancy of 66 years.
Upz, the former Soviet state, has increased its life expectancy with 8 years, to Russia 0 years… Do they need a putin too?

In 1990 Algeria had an average life expectancy of 68 years.  
In 2012 Algeria had an average life expectancy of 72 years.
Algeria + 4. Interesting as it is, Russia is outperformed by more than half of Africa…

Funny (or tragic) as it is, ALL the worlds largest countries is showing progress, except…. Kaputins Russia.

What’s next, maybe a map showing all Russians neighbours progress in life expectancy… That ought to say something..

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:43 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
{...] stats showing growth for Russia in last years? and again, that's not because of great Putin but because of the good prices for natural resources.

So you do agree afterall.. Kaputin.  Very Happy

I was comming to the russian economy, but is saving that for some pages.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:43 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
sorry to disappoint you but there was Jeltsin and Gorbachev Russia 22 years ago Wink. so whom to blame?

And here we have the usual blame game of the Russian media/politicians.
If the car doesn’t start in the morning, the average Russian say “its that dammed Jeltsins fault”.. And now if more than half of Africans countries move ahead Russia in the desirable indexes Russians collectively say, “its that dammed …. fault.”.
Remember, not to hold kaputin accountable, he’s only been in power for 15 years…

We heard it a million times, “Its all Jeltsin’s fault and/or Gorbatjev’s fault.”

Is that really so, is it true or is it just a myth, or is the truth some ware in-between?

I have a theory, that Jeltsin did both good and bad. Lets see.. As we have debated before, childbirth and that translates to child mortality..  Its rather important indicators as they are not only tragic but also affect the life expectancy. They show how well the health care in a country works, as well as how the state manage to take care of the less fortunate giving everyone a “equal” start in life...    

I attach a image of child mortality, and marks the Jeltsin and kaputin era on it.. WHO data.

Now, how about that?

child mortality (kopia)xxxx.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.69 KB
 Viewed:  562 Time(s)

child mortality (kopia)xxxx.gif

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:27 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
again you should take at least 3 points 1990-2000-2012 and then you will see that life expendancy in Russia was going down till 2005 and then starting to return to 1990 level..

In the image attached we have Russian life expectancy, I have taken the liberty of marking out the Jeltsin era, as well as the kaPutin era. I also made a trend line, that we call the “Jeltsin trend”.

So what do we see in this image...

jeltsin and putin life expectdd (kopia)xxx.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.73 KB
 Viewed:  487 Time(s)

jeltsin and putin life expectdd (kopia)xxx.gif

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:40 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Dima must died;)

80 Yers old in Russia???I think that YES
a greetings!!

heia Safari!!

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Dima mate your funny.

You have not heard of Aleksandr Gelyevich Dugin::

Dima wrote (View Post):
wow never heard about that guy Smile looks like a crazy mean bastard

And then you point me to this book, to educate me:

Dima wrote (View Post):
mate, the problem was not in war we had but in lost connections in ex-republics..I suggest you to read this book to understand the USSR economics and industry - http://www.amazon.com/Collapse-Empire-Lessons-Modern-Russia/dp/0815731140  

And when I reading the book, I fined that the author startes the book with qoutes of Dugin, see the first attachment named Dugin.gif.

Dima mate, I just cant help it, but it feels just a tiny little bit like you have not read the book at all.
Because the book contradicts most you argued here.  I also found this:

(qouts are in the images attached)
1. The author believes that Gorbatjev and the commy should have done what Jeltsin did, liberal economy..
2. The author thinks Russian is playing a blame game, tin foils en masse.. (green aria)
3. (In the first part of yellow, he talks about Jeltsin era) Jeltsin created an economic system that was chock resistant, imperfekt but yet... Then, came the worrying signes... Putin started to reverse things…  
4. The free media was destroyed in the early 2000. (blue)
5. He also suggests that the “autonomy” of the regions is just a chasm.
6. The author argues that Russia is lagging behind 50 years, compared with the developed world. . (red)

Attached a image with the qouts..

dugin.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.68 KB
 Viewed:  494 Time(s)

dugin.gif

the book (kopia).gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.75 KB
 Viewed:  419 Time(s)

the book (kopia).gif

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:12 am; edited 10 times in total

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:36 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

I miss the days of Boris Yeltsin...the best leader of post-USSR era in Russia.  Almost single-handedly led the protests that eventually led to the collapse of USSR.  He was about as anti-USSR as a Russian leader can get.  The problem now is that Putin has been in power ever since...after he came to power reverted direction back to Cold-War era style dictatorship.  After all he personally was KGB.  The only complaint about Boris is that he drank too much Vodka.  Very Happy

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:52 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

As its important to know our future masters..  

Let me present our dear Mr:  Vladimir Zjirinovskij

Vladimir Zjirinovskij twice vice chairman of the Russian Duma.
He’s a colonel in the Russian army.
Founder and leader of Liberal Democrat Party of Russia. (na, hes not a democrat)

This guys agenda is to retake the former Russian empire borders, and beyond. That includes Finland, Baltics, Poland, Georgia and Ukraine etc etc and even Alaska, even India!  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Zhirinovsky

I don’t really like Videos, but take a look at this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JnToiuWL2A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbifHevHekE

In any civilized country one such performance is enough…

Theres more vids...

You think he’s a clown..? Your wrong. Within some years, this guy may well be the person who has the keys to half the worlds nukes.

Russians love this man, election result:
year; type of election; result
1991 presidential elections – 8%
1993 Duma elections – 23%
1995 Duma elections – 11%
1996 presidential elections – 6%
1999 Duma elections – 5.98% (it contested them as the 'Zhirinovsky Bloc')
2000 presidential elections – 2.7%
2003 Duma elections – 12%
2007 Duma elections – 8.8%
2008 presidential election – 9.35% [17]
2011 Duma elections – 12.5%
2012 presidential election – 6.2%

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:17 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

The “reasons” why Russia is ranked so poor at 124 in the world:

Dima wrote (View Post):
[apart from Russia] has any of these countries been pillaged for 10 years?

Yes, I have a candidate that "matches" that. Germany after WW2… Germany was bombed into crap up to 1945, and what remained of its industry was  pillaged and stolen.

Dima wrote (View Post):
the problem [for Russia] was not in war we had but in lost connections in ex-republics..

Yes, I also have a candidate to match that. I suggest we look at Germany after ww2… :

Large arias was taken by the allies, see map. What remained of Germany was divided in 4 zones after WW2. Then they formed 2 states, one capitalistic and one Soviet satellite. Talking about lost connections, Germany was divided by the “iron curtain”, … And 11 [eleven] million Germans was taken as POW’s or slave labours. Many of them did not return to Germany until Stalin died.

So there you have the comparison, the candidate is west Germany after WW2…
From the end of WW2 in 1945 up to 1960, is 15 years. In year 1960 Germany had a life expectancy of 69,5 years. This made Germany rank at the top in the world, at place 18 .

Today , Putins has been in power for 15 years and Russia has a life expectancy of 69 years. This makes Russia rank 124 in the world among the worst preforming countries…  After 15 years.....

So if we compare: in the year 1960 Germany = 69,5 thus outperformed Supa KaPutins Russias in 2012 at 69 years….

Now, I argues that the reason why kaPutin has taken control over the media, is because Russian's would be upset if they know how bad Russia is in a comparison..

Oh , i forgot to mention: Today, (2012) Germany has a life expectancy of 81 years..

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:16 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Founder and leader of Liberal Democrat Party of Russia. (na, hes not a democrat)

The "liberal democrat" party.  Talk about a misleading name for a political party.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:02 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Troger wrote (View Post):

The "liberal democrat" party.  Talk about a misleading name for a political party.

Actually the term "liberal democrat" in America has a similar fake or misleading meaning, similar to Russia.  In America, the so-called "liberal" Democratic party is a lie.  Hillary Clinton and Secretary of State John Kerry both were 100% complicit in the illegal invasion of Iraq.  BOTH of them voted "yes" for war & the greatest increase in defense/security spending in the history of America.  Eventually this contributed towards the escalation of our Police-State with 25% of world prison population in our jail system.  Not even remotely close to what Western Europe would call liberal.  Now the Federal Government bribes local law enforcement agencies with $ in exchange for storming into homes and putting even more people in jail.  Including assassination of dogs and traumatizing little kids...without even having proof of the alleged crime.  So much for a liberal democracy in America.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:17 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

I found this article interesting
http://www.nytimes.com/newsgraphics/2013/10/13/russia/?WT.mc_id=D-NYT-MKTG-MOD-93699-08-02-HD&WT.mc_ev=click&WT.mc_c=${CAMPAIGN_ID}

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:19 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Thanx Grunt

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:48 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Quote:
Why do you bring up the plight of the American Indians?  I asked you a serious question, I wasn't being sarcastic.  But yes, they teach the history of how early Americans destroyed the Indian way of life, it's not hidden or distorted.  And there are some Americans who probably could care less about what happened (the grunts, as you would call them), but most sensible people recognize that it was an atrocity.

I love it when people from other countries bring that up as such an atrocity, even Israel. Just because it is possibly recent. They are oblivious to Turkey, recent, or refuse to go back in time to other people who did the exact same thing.

Hypocrisy.

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:44 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

In reply to some of the inaccuracies started in this blog. Start from last til I get bored. As most of the posts are I'll informed, reactive and gullible.

Well the Invasion of Georgia came about after Sth Ossetia broke away from Georgia and declared their Independence like other Republics after the USSR fell apart. Georgia threatened then shelled and invaded Sth Ossetia. So Georgia was the aggressor. Sth Ossetia appealed to several countries and Russia and Abkhazia answered. Even the UN has since admitted they were fooled by the then President of Georgia who is now blamed by all involved as the protagonist Mikhail Saakashvilli.

Crimea fell apart through riots and desire for change. Not everyone in the Ukraine accepted the vision of the rioters to replace a democratically elected Govt with a Peoples Parliament and their change was their own Republic based on race - Russian. Funny enough lots of what they rioted for hasn't happened.( In fact today there have been more riots on the Maidan and clashes with the police. Sadly the new Democratic Govt has restricted the media ). As the Crimea was a part of Russia and only changed to the Ukraine after a Ukrainian Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev gifted it to his homeland - Ukraine in 1954. Not to forget what lead up to these riot - totally unreported by the mainstreem western media. Russian speaking persons were and still are beaten, robbed etc. Exactly what we see now in the Eastern Ukraine breakaway State. Yes Russia is backing East Ukraine - funding, supplying and training the rebels. But this is a country who doesn't trust Europe for very good reasons - post WW2. US promise of reconstruction funds never paid. Led to the Berlin Blockade etc. Much more.

All those jumping to conclusions prior to any evidence being released might want to remember that everyone is innocent til proved guilty. Especially when things like the audio turns up very quickly after MH17 crashed. Since that audio theory has been discredited by a US Computer Tech who checked the date the audio was made and was surprised to find it was made the day before the incident. The video of the mobile launcher has also since been discredited as taken in a western Ukraine town no where near the crash site. Not to mention the rubbish reporting that crash investigators were being stopped gaining access to the site. Yet an Australian couple were interviewed at the site looking for their daughter and commented that they had no problems get to the site or walking around it - poor security but they are militia. Also the BBC journaist who's witness statements about a fighter aircraft flying under MH17 have been ignored.

As for the comments on corruption. Corruption is monitored different around the world. Yes Russia is at times corrupt. But lets not forget that there are countries that have invade others on the premise of lies - looking for WMD's and Al Qaeda prior to the Illegal Invasion of Iraq - all lies. ( that's another story ) Sarin Gas use by Assad Govt - UN has since retracted it comments saying most evidence points to the Western Supplied Rebels - didn't help that the gas canisters  had Jordan and Saudi markings and two separate rebels caught with the stuff. Isn't all this corruption and no one held to account.

Sadly Western embedded mainstream media has put more than a slant on each of the above incidents with no evidence other than being told by the Western Govt's - lazy reporting. Those Western Govt's - US and GB are responsible for attacking more than 80 countries since WW2. Worse Foreign Policy than USSR and China and sheds loads of other countries together - bombings, assassination, torture and torture camps, detaining innocent civilians for up to 2 yrs with terrorist, economically and politically undermining countries, aiding, training and supplying rebel groups, install more dictatorships than anyone else, spying, use of drones to kill, coverups of media and civilian deaths and the list just doesn't stop.

No country is perfect but be careful who you worship - the Germans could tell you that.

I'm bored. Goodbye.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:19 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Oh Geez.. Yet another..

My point was you can go back thousands of years.. Back to Charlemagne if you wish. Just stop there when he split his empire up between his sons and they started their warlike ways. People were being moved, forcefully about and displaced. NATIVE people, not of their own choosing.

Just because it happened several centuries ago, it's all ok now? Things change, it always has and always will. No different than minutes on the clock, get over it you tree huggers.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Jump to: