Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mabzie55

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:45 pm Post subject: Editing files Reply with quote

Okay, so basically here's my situation.

The only computer CC2 works on that I have doesn't have an internet connection, so hopefully I can do this without downloading anything.

How do I edit the files for teams, etc?

I open up the file in excel or notpad, and see all the rows and columns, the problem is I have no idea what the values in the columns actually mean.

Is it possible to add a soldier to a team?
What do the columns mean?
Is it possible to edit the file and then save it as an excel or notepad file, and if not how do I do this?

Basically looking for a "how to". I searched the internet and the forums and only found bits and pieces of an answer which are basically useless without the rest of the info.

If someone could explain this to me that would be great.

sample

Rep: 59.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:35 pm Post subject: Re: Editing files Reply with quote

mabzie55 wrote (View Post):
Okay, so basically here's my situation.

The only computer CC2 works on that I have doesn't have an internet connection, so hopefully I can do this without downloading anything.

How do I edit the files for teams, etc?

I open up the file in excel or notpad, and see all the rows and columns, the problem is I have no idea what the values in the columns actually mean.

Is it possible to add a soldier to a team?
What do the columns mean?
Is it possible to edit the file and then save it as an excel or notepad file, and if not how do I do this?

Basically looking for a "how to". I searched the internet and the forums and only found bits and pieces of an answer which are basically useless without the rest of the info.

If someone could explain this to me that would be great.

hi,

you could edit a lot of things with only excel or notepad; to answer your specific question you could add or remove a soldier from a team, change the weapons carried by soldiers, create new soldiers with captured weapons for example and so on

you could find how to edit all the cc2 files at Mafi's dedicated cc2 site:

http://closecombat2.npage.de/

please feel free to ask any further questions,

regards
m

mabzie55

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: Editing files Reply with quote

I understand how to edit some files now, but since they are read-only I had to make a copy.

My problem now is how to get that copy to actually run.

Advice?

sample

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:28 am Post subject: Re: Editing files Reply with quote

I understand how to edit some files now, but since they are read-only I had to make a copy.

Advice?

hi,

which files you've edited? what changes did you made? what did you used for editing ?

regards,
m.

mabzie55

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:25 am Post subject: Re: Editing files Reply with quote

sample wrote (View Post):

Advice?

hi,

which files you've edited? what changes did you made? what did you used for editing ?

regards,
m.

I added a soldier with leno4 to polish been team. So made a 5 man team. I used notepad I believe.

Made a copy of the new game files, put them all in a folder... I just don't know how to run those new files AMD actually play it.

sample

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:42 pm Post subject: Re: Editing files Reply with quote

Advice?

hi,

regards,
m.

I added a soldier with leno4 to polish been team. So made a 5 man team. I used notepad I believe.

Made a copy of the new game files, put them all in a folder... I just don't know how to run those new files AMD actually play it.

could you send me the modified file to check ? perhaps i could help;

regards

m

mabzie55

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:00 am Post subject: Re: Editing files Reply with quote

Advice?

hi,

regards,
m.

regards

m

I'll try to figure that out, the only computer I have that CC2 works on has no internet.
Everything is exactly the same except the Polish been team row has an extra '57' for an extra team member with an Enfield. That is the only change made.
Copied all the files and put them into a file.

sample

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:38 pm Post subject: Re: Editing files Reply with quote

Advice?

hi,

regards,
m.

regards

m

I'll try to figure that out, the only computer I have that CC2 works on has no internet.
Everything is exactly the same except the Polish been team row has an extra '57' for an extra team member with an Enfield. That is the only change made.
Copied all the files and put them into a file.

Hi there,

when you add a soldier in a team you must do two things:
1. add a soldier to in the columns "Soldier List": here you change the value of the "Soldier List 4" from -1 to 57 (-1 mean empty slot in CC2 data files)
in the default version you have:
- the value in "Soldier List 0" column is 52 (the number 52 polish soldier, armed with Sten mk. 5),
- the value in "Soldier List 1" column is 50 (the number 50 polish soldier, armed with Bren LMG),
- the value in "Soldier List 2" column is 57 (the number 57 polish soldier, armed with Lee-Enfield no4 rifle),
- the value in "Soldier List 3" column is 57 (the number 57 polish soldier, armed with Lee-Enfield no4 rifle),
so you must do the following changes in "Soldier List 4"
- change the value in "Soldier List 4" column from -1 to 57 (the number 57 polish soldier, armed with Lee-Enfield no4 rifle),

2. in the same row you must change the values in the Soldier Type columns:
- the default value in "Soldier Type 0" column is 1 (1 is the value for Leader)
- the default value in "Soldier Type 1" column is 2 (2 is the value for Crew - this soldier is manning the Bren gun)
- the default value in "Soldier Type 2" column is 2 (2 is the value for Crew - this soldier will drop the Enfield rifle and will fire the Bren in case the first soldier - soldier no 50 - will be killed or wounded)
- the default value in "Soldier Type 3" column is 0 (0 is the value for basic soldier - in cc2 he will not pick-up the Bren if the other soldiers will be killed or incapacitated)
if you add the additional soldier to the Bren team you make the same changes in Soldier Type 4 column
- change the value in Soldier Type 4 column from -1  to 0 as basic type soldier or 2 as crew type.

as you've noticed the "Soldier List 0" value is related to "Soldier Type 0" value and so on

i hope it will work for you

regards

m

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: