Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1229
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Flyingkiki

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:28 pm Post subject: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Reply with quote

Hi everyone !
I'm new here with a registered account, but I've read the forums for a long time !

I got an issue with the multiplayer using TLD, with the Meuse mod. I wanted to play with a friend today but we couldn't find each other game with the TCP/UDP method via the multiplayer menu. We opened the ports as I read on the forums (2300-2400, 6073 and 47624) but still we can't find each other.
We tried via GameRanger but it doesn't support the Meuse mod...

Do you have any idea how to proceed ??  Confused

To conclude I just wanted to thank the Meuse mod team for their work. It's extraordinary to play this campaign in this magnificient game. It was made with a lot of respect and historical accuracy, and as a young french guy with a passion for History, I enjoy it very much ! And as I saw the updated Dinant map today, I'm impressed by the longevity of this project !  Razz

Have a nice week-end everyone !

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Reply with quote

Your ports are still closed if direct connection wont work. If they are open, then its possible that there's too many hops between you and your opponent but thats extremely rare. Keep working on the port issue.

Flyingkiki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:17 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply !
May be we aren't doing this right.

So we both created the following NAT/PAT rules in our router settings :
Internal port : 6073 - External port : 6073 - Protocol : TCP - Destination IP : Our respective internal IP 192.168.X.X;
Internal port : 47624 - External port : 47624 - Protocol : TCP - Destination IP : Our respective internal IP 192.168.X.X ;
Internal port : 2300 - External port : 2400 - Protocol : Both TCP and UDP - Destination IP : Our respective internal IP 192.168.X.X;

Our firewalls weren't active, neither was the Windows one.
Did we miss something ?  Confused

Thanks a lot in advance for your help !! Smile

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:51 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Reply with quote

You could try using Hamachi. It usually solves all the firewall, port etc. related issues. Google it and download the software. You may need to prioritize it in the network adapters options (assuming you are using Windows OS).

You connect with each other again using TCP/IP, however your Hamachi IP needs to appear at CC multiplayer hosting screen. Then the person who joins enters this IP.

I hope it helps.

(CCS used to have a Hamachi "how to" section, iirc. Perhaps you can search the forums for more info, or ask Mooxe to redirect you there.)

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:09 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Reply with quote

Ports 2300-2400 is a range. Not two individual ports. That may be where you are going wrong.

Flyingkiki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:47 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Reply with quote

Thank you Pzt_Crackwise and mooxe, it worked perfectly ! I used Hamachi in a first try and we succeeded to play against each other ! Smile

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:50 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Reply with quote

Good to hear!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:21 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Reply with quote

Flyingkiki - Good to hear people are still playing the mod!

Pzt_Crackwise and Mooxe - thanks for helping him to get the mod working for H2H!

Flyingkiki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:55 am Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Reply with quote

It was a pleasure to play this mod against the AI, but even more now again a real human brained strategist ! Very Happy

We had some issues with the gamr though, several times the game crashed with this horrible Windows error message : "CCE.exe has stopped working". Each time it seemed to us that the crash occured when the morale of one side broke down, and instead of getting to the debriefing menu and having our game saved, the game crashed to desktop and the error message appeared. And sadly the battle isn't saved.  Confused

Do you have any ideas how to fix this issue ?

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:10 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Reply with quote

Flyingkiki, happy to hear the whole thing worked out well for you guys : )

That crash is a typical Close Combat multiplayer "end of battle" crash. As far as I know there is no 100% solution for that. Some people say it is a better idea to agree to truce before the battle timer hits 1:00.

Some say going after each battle to the main screen and then loading the game from the saved games also tends to decrease crashes.

I don't know any other method, perhaps others could also share their view on this issue. Try doing these and perhaps the frequency of the crashes will decrease.

Cheers!

Flyingkiki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer connection using Meuse Mod Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer !  Very Happy

I was afraid of that, but strangely the frequency of the crashes is random, didn't happen two days ago and yesterday that was for each battle ^^'
We'll try these voodoo magic tricks and I'll let you know ! Razz

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: