Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:42 am Post subject: Re: Scottish independence referendum 2014 Reply with quote

Those pesky facts again John keep getting in the way.  The truth hurts.  Yeah California is backwards when you're a right-wing activist...kind of opposite of all your views.  Anybody else would recognize CA is famous for being the first for everything, the innovators and usually the rest of the nation follows years later.  Again the Confederates hate the Federal Govt always have always will for the foreseeable future.  

Getting back on topic...this chart really puts things in perspective the triage in how the United Kingdom and the might British Empire has steadily lost its territory.  Scotland would likely be the last to break away.

EJClNQf.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.9 KB
 Viewed:  367 Time(s)

EJClNQf.jpg

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:24 am Post subject: Re: Scottish independence referendum 2014 Reply with quote

Looking at the chart it occurred to me that a possible secession of Scotland must be the final blow to England's once military might and foreign influence. Surely there are going to be consequences to Britain's foreign policy. Britain may no longer be able to conduct and finance long term military expeditions as they have in Iraq and Afghanistan. Sooner or later the British are going to have to realize that their role on the geopolitical stage will be taken over by new actors.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:26 am Post subject: Re: Scottish independence referendum 2014 Reply with quote

Why do insist on getting into a debate over looney liberal policies with me DJ, when you know I already have the ammunition at hand, or had it ready in case you stepped into the cow patties and decided to open up with indefensible policies?

So you think "pesky facts" keep getting into my way? it seems every time you post that, I take a sledge hammer to those liberal lies you like to write about.. Here is some more I had ready for you this time as well..

Read them and weep.. if you dare about California and it's fiscal dead beatedness. A nice term for it would think.

Quote:
California’s political class, led by Governor Brown, has been patting itself on the back for solving California’s problems. This celebration is ludicrous.  What they’ve done amounts to a mere slowing down in a long-term political, fiscal, and demographic decline.

Quote:
California's poverty statistics are just as depressing.  The state now is home to one-third of all US welfare recipients. According to a Census Bureau report, The Research SUPPLEMENTAL POVERTY REPORT: 2011 California has the nation's highest poverty rate of any state. By its Supplemental Poverty Measure, 23.5 percent of California's population is poor, while only 15.8 percent of the nation's population is poor.  No other state is above 20 percent.

Quote:
Figure 1 shows California’s Department of Finance’s (DOF) estimate of domestic migration, migration between California and other states.  According to the DOF, California’s domestic migration has been negative in 18 of the past 20 years.  This is less dismal than the U.S. Census’ estimate that California’s domestic migration has been negative for 20 consecutive years.

California losing population

Another excellent article on lost money from tax migration.. That is.. States that tax it's own inhabitants out of state.. lessons from liberal ran states, Illinois, New York California..

Quote:
All across the nation, leaders are taking notice of tax migration. No one wants to be the next California ($22 billion lost), New York ($58.6 billion lost) or Illinois ($26.1 billion lost), with wealth and talent streaming out of the state.

Tax migration losers

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:55 am Post subject: Re: Scottish independence referendum 2014 Reply with quote

Like what was said. I never looked at Scotland as being any thing but independent.

If you ask me. I think its a bit of a shame. I dont view this as breaking away from England. I see this as breaking away from the UK.
And i always viewed the UK as being a epic alliance after the years of wars in Britannia.
At the same time. All empires are evil. So who wants to be apart of that?

I love Scotland and im proud of my partial ancestry from there.
I haven't researched the pros and cons properly. But im inclined to be sentimental about it.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:16 am Post subject: Re: Scottish independence referendum 2014 Reply with quote

As for financial trouble, just try to spend some Scottish pounds in London and see the nasty looks you get.

fry30

Rep: 2.3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:56 pm Post subject: Re: Scottish independence referendum 2014 Reply with quote

Ireland's hat isn't free.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:52 pm Post subject: Re: Scottish independence referendum 2014 Reply with quote

So they voted no. I was really curious about what would of happened if they voted yes.

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:47 pm Post subject: Re: Scottish independence referendum 2014 Reply with quote

Britain's leadership was sweating.  They would have been the biggest losers from all the lost oil.  Ultimately the Scots themselves felt it was not worth the economic risks.  Speaking of Labour, I hear that Scotland hates the Conservative party.  Out of their entire delegation, only one represents the Conservative party.  Might not have been a coincidence that shortly after the UK electing a Conservative to PM, Scotland drafted referedum on succeeding.

@John - nothing like winning an argument when you invent your own words.  I didn't realize dead beatedness is a word, we'll have to have that add to English dictionary.  That along with poverty rates and tax rates as the definition of backwards.  I'm not insisting on anything, just tired of all your right-wing partisan pals being so divisive and talking about succession (again).  What liberal states are talking about succeeding from the Union?   And the facts don't lie, the Confederate states already broke away once and look at the electoral map...every single one of those states are locked-in to the Conservatives and STILL hate the Federal Govt.  The only reason why people are bailing CA is because the housing prices are 3 - 4x the rates of other states...real estate market is a scam.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:04 pm Post subject: Re: Scottish independence referendum 2014 Reply with quote

So, the Scottish said no, which in time will prove to be a wise vote I hope.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:10 pm Post subject: Re: Scottish independence referendum 2014 Reply with quote

love American independent media:

1425660_319929264852528_6021537139036614796_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.15 KB
 Viewed:  365 Time(s)

1425660_319929264852528_6021537139036614796_n.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: