Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:17 pm Post subject: The Curse of Oak Island Reply with quote

Is anyone here going to follow the History Channels documentary of Oak Island?
The first show was last night.

I remember as a child reading the story and had forgotten all about it until this show brought it back to life.
I don't remember where I read it but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same article written in the national geographic that the current men read as a child,seeing as how we did have a subscription to that magazine.

Wouldn't it be amazing if they actually did solve the riddle?
Found Treasure?
Some even speculate Biblical Treasure.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:55 pm Post subject: Re: Oak Island Reply with quote

Watching this show brings back memories of being RIVETED to the TV watching Leonard Nimoy's "In Search Of"  

I'd watch that show and Always believed that by the end of the show they would show me proof of what ever it was they were searching for.
Only to find out that by the end of the show they were no closer to finding the truth than when it started.

The one that always killed me was the Search for Noah's Ark.
As a kid I believed they would find it.
What made it worse is there was always some old tribes man who said he had found the Ark when mountain climbing.,He walked on the Ark and brought back a plank from the Ark.
And some scientist would do a carbon copy of the wood.
I used to believe this was it,they were gonna prove to me that this isn't just a Biblical Story,but it was True,Here was the proof.

A blurry photo taken,with them saying Is this the Ark?
How could they Not find it.
You don't climb the mountain,just use a Huge helicopter and repel down to it I'm only 7,am I the only genius in the wold who knows how to do this?

How in 1975 with our great technology could we not find it.

So fast forward to 2013 I again have those same feelings,all boiling back up inside.
How with our great technology can we not make it to the bottom of 10X?

Is it Pirates Treasure.
Is the Holy Grail buried down there?

Why is 10X there?
How did it get there?

I need to know!

Or is it once again a mystery to never be solved?
Am I doomed watching this only to have no better answers than when the show first started?

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:04 pm Post subject: Re: Oak Island Reply with quote

I missed it and was going to watch it..

Yes.. i like mysteries of all sorts and know a little of it also, like the wood platforms that were at certain depths that were drilled through decades past.. The natural flooding that was accidentally allowed in during previous attempts.. FDR being in one of the earlier hunts and groups, tiny pieces of gold coming up before the lower levels flooded.

There are a few videos besides in search of am thinking on this topic have seen, but that was a great one and probably the 1st.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:23 am Post subject: Re: Oak Island Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
I missed it and was going to watch it..

Why dont you just ask one of your pirate friends what's down there....  Cool

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:36 am Post subject: Re: Oak Island Reply with quote

I think thats the place mentioned on the Ancient Aliens seires... resting place of the arc of the covenant or the holy grail I think

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:22 pm Post subject: Re: Oak Island Reply with quote

Quote:
Why dont you just ask one of your pirate friends what's down there....  Cool

Dead men tell no tales matey.  Sad

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:35 pm Post subject: Re: Oak Island Reply with quote

Didn't hear about Oak Island until Michael's post. Nice write up on Wikipedia. I am going to guess there's nothing there but makes a good story.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:08 pm Post subject: Re: Oak Island Reply with quote

That gold came from somewhere (bits of gold chain link as remember) that was within the mud caked on the drill bit found when it was pulled up and before the levels flooded.

I am going to search for these videos again. The natural way these caves fill in to keep that shaft flooded with seawater from these channels after the wooden planks were breached initially to me had to take a genius to design.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:50 pm Post subject: Re: Oak Island Reply with quote

I'm posting in haste here so please forgive me.

BUT!

How do you explain the TONS of Coconut Fiber and eel grass found at the bottom of a man made Cove on Oak Island?
That spans the Exact length of High Tide and Low Tide?

How do you explain the "FIVE" Rock Walled drains slanted in from the Sea and down,converging on a line towards the Money Pit?

How do you explain that anywhere else on the Island when you drill down you get Fresh Water but in the Money Pit it's Salt Water?

Looks like I was wrong that the Pit was called 10X,It's called the "Money Pit"   sorry bout that.

Jon Silver is right that FDR was involved at some point  and even John Wayne.

Millions of $$$ have been spent on trying to solve this mystery.

Can these guys do it?

Believe what you want.................
But Don't Deny it's not there for a reason.

UO0087.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  395.12 KB
 Viewed:  315 Time(s)

UO0087.jpg

UO0088.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  414.1 KB
 Viewed:  314 Time(s)

UO0088.jpg

UO0089.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  366.69 KB
 Viewed:  284 Time(s)

UO0089.jpg

Bungarra

Rep: 137.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:06 am Post subject: Re: The Curse of Oak Island Reply with quote

I also remember reading about this as a kid... it sure fires the imagination

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:26 am Post subject: Re: The Curse of Oak Island Reply with quote

There are 3 "real" videos regarding the money pit on YouTube and several that are of the home made variety

The old leonard Nimory, "In Search of" is there, as is one made in 2013 "Encounters with the unexplained" about Oak Island. 1 other from a skeptics view point. Will watch these, just posting in case anyone wants to stream, or DL these.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:30 am Post subject: Re: The Curse of Oak Island Reply with quote

I am downloading episode 1.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:16 pm Post subject: Re: The Curse of Oak Island Reply with quote

Season 2 starts tonight.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:57 am Post subject: Re: The Curse of Oak Island Reply with quote

Is anyone watching this?

How do you feel about it?

I'm thinking something of a Massive Biblical portions is going to be found.Which will probably lead to a new Holy War.
As well as the Treasure of the Knights Templar.
The equivalent of what you saw in the movie the National Treasure.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:45 am Post subject: Re: The Curse of Oak Island Reply with quote

Quote:
Is anyone watching this?

How do you feel about it?

I don't miss an episode PM and when they run half a dozen repeats in a row, such as tonight before a new one? I watch those also. Oak Island tale has been of interest to myself ever since read about it as a youngster.

Do I believe something at least is buried on that island? Yes. Think it's probably more along the lines of Pirate gold than the sensationalized Templar, or holy artifacts the show has been leaning on the last couple of episodes however, though wouldn't it be wonderful if the Holy Grail, or some ancient artifact hidden like that was found?

I'd like to see some Templar treasure unearthed, just really think the chances are almost nil, that what made all those traps was some really devious pirate with engineering skills.

HogansHeros

Rep: 28.5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: The Curse of Oak Island Reply with quote

You think the show is going to find anything? Even if there is something there (not convinced) my suspicion is that the show will simply stretch things out and get as many seasons as possible, Then maybe tack on a few made for TV specials always ending with "will the Truth ever be known? Find out next time".  How many episodes did they pump out of MonsterQuest? And what did they ever find? The same thing The Curse of Oak Island will find.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:18 am Post subject: Re: The Curse of Oak Island Reply with quote

honestly I'd say they have less chance of finding anything signicant than opening the great Pyramid and finding the Annunaki having a picnic

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: