Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:45 pm Post subject: A custom (relatively balanced) campaign for you to try Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I recently tried to make a somewhat balanced smaller custom grand campaign on GtC to be played multiplayer.

As you know the stock Ops and GCs are not very fun when played multiplayer due to several reasons: Airstrike crashes, tank battles being not balanced (crocs > anything other than panthers, panthers > anything other than churchill with 6 pdr etc.), artillery support being very deadly, there are some boring maps

I tried to adress the issues above with this custom GC as follows:
     - There is only mortar support available for both sides.
     - Allies have mostly Sherman BGs (perhaps only a single BG with churchills, cannot remember now, but 90% of the tanks you will have are probably Shermans) and Germans have only Pz IV BGs.
     - I tried to pick the more fun maps with towns and tried to avoid wilderness maps with nothing other than rows and rows of bocage

GC Settings and Victory Conditions:

- The GC starts in the morning of the 1st day and lasts 5 days, namely 24 turns in total.  (There are night turns on the days other than the 1st day, sadly, no option to disable them.)

- Initially allies attack with armored BGs (Shermans), while Germans have Inf BGs in the viscinity. Germans then need to push their armored BGs to the front from south. They will also receive new armored BGs and Inf BGs several turns later. Allies receive new Inf and armored BGs on the following turns as well. (You can check what comes when on the editor.)

- The victory condition is to have at least a minor victory at the end of 5 days. If one side gives up before that, that's also a victory. :)

- I am not sure whether it should be played with morale turned on or off. It's up to you.

- Tip: Try to merge small BGs on the same map to get a bigger BG on the first turn. (This is usually the intention why I placed smaller BGs on the same map.)

- In order to avoid crashes Do NOT truce at any time! If you really have to, then try to arrange it such that after you truce, your opponent clicks truce just after you without any delay. (It seems as if it decreases the chance of crashes if you do almost synchronous truces.)

I await your feedback!  I would be very happy if you would play around with this campaign and give me your feedback so that we could fine tune it. Anyone is welcome to modify this by adding/removing BGs, changing the number of total turns etc. and uploading their own version on CCS.  I think it would be very nice to have some kind of a balanced and fun GC (similar to GJS style) on which the community agrees on.

You can find the custom GC attached to this post. You can play it by downloading it and putting it into your Close Combat Gateway to Caen, User Scenarios folder. This should likely be in your Documents folder. You can open the GC in the in-game editor and get a more detailed look on the participating BGs and at which turn and on which map they enter to the strategic map, and modify various settings as you see fit.

Cheers,

Crackwise

Last edited by Pzt_Crackwise on Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:33 am Post subject: Re: A custom (relatively balanced) campaign for you to try Reply with quote

Thanks for doing this crack, the stock game is in need of some balanced H2H operations.  I haven't fired your operation up yet but I'd like to note that some of the GTC maps are way too open (which we all know doesn't work that well in CC), so an operation that centers around maps that have towns in them is a huge plus.  I'll give this a go with the first willing combatant, maybe it will make GTC playable!

Crackwise--I remember when you once said "ich bin immer kampfbereit".  I'll play against other opponents until you find that part of yourself again.  Hehehehe

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:49 pm Post subject: Re: A custom (relatively balanced) campaign for you to try Reply with quote

Hahah, that part of me is still alive Troger. But real life stuff prevent me from taking part in scheduled gaming activities at the moment.  I hope you guys can find a chance  to test this thing properly multiplayer.

Xenon

Rep: 8.6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: A custom (relatively balanced) campaign for you to try Reply with quote

Thanks for the campaign file!

I'm really interested in playing multiplayer Close Combat at its best, so having a balanced and fun campaign is a must.

Unfortunately, I can't promise you very much playtesting data, as the few games I've had in the past days ended in a freeze and desync/connection break (mostly due to truce, airstrike or random other factor).

What are the intended settings for the campaign, most importantly realism and time?

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:01 pm Post subject: Re: A custom (relatively balanced) campaign for you to try Reply with quote

Downloaded and had a look. Very nice Cool

Me and a few others have been creating our own "balanced" battles for a while, so it's good that you've taken the time to actually make a campaign. I'm going to let my subs know about this because I know some will be interested in trying it out/giving you feedback

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: A custom (relatively balanced) campaign for you to try Reply with quote

@Xenon:  In order to avoid crashes avoid using truce at all.  This campaign does not have air support at all in order to avoid air-strike related crashes.

@TIK: Thanks a lot! Yes, the more people tweak with it and send feedback the better we can modify it for the taste of the community.

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:57 pm Post subject: Re: A custom (relatively balanced) campaign for you to try Reply with quote

Very strange, this thread had disappeared for some reason. Was invisible on the forum until I posted this message, now it should *exist* again. (Luckily I had saved the link, and that's how I could access it.)

Mooxe, has such a thing happened before? Any ideas why the thread disappeared?

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:11 pm Post subject: Re: A custom (relatively balanced) campaign for you to try Reply with quote

Yeah, with a few other threads, these spammers are sooo annoying... But, they always remind me of the famous monty python sketch, from where the name of the spam comes...

Link

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:23 pm Post subject: Re: A custom (relatively balanced) campaign for you to try Reply with quote

Nothing is disappearing. It may just be getting pushed down the "Recent Topics" view but is always on top in the GTC forum.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:33 pm Post subject: Re: A custom (relatively balanced) campaign for you to try Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Nothing is disappearing. It may just be getting pushed down the "Recent Topics" view but is always on top in the GTC forum.

Yes, exactly, thanks for the efforts mooxe, do you have any feedback or statistics, is it the same ip, who registers and send spams?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

Jump to: