Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:03 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
I believe those heavier guns are setup as area/infantry fire weapons because of their large caliber HE shells thus you can not target a tank directly.

You can, that is.. With the 15cm they will area fire still if you have a direct LOS and you order them to fire on armor, just haven't had any even had the same luck with hitting, or what should have said last post close "spread" that they have when they target on their own. Those 15cm will have some really tight groups often when they pick up anything (guns, armor, infantry) and begin a barrage quite often. the target circle for armor (M4's) is Green for the 15cm.

Forgot to mention this last post also.. The 10.5cm spotters also require a direct LOS, just like the 8.8cm. Both of those are more limited as far as use goes.

Have found out the 2 artillery BG's, the ones loaded with 10.5 and 15cm field guns and have nothing but HE ammunition that you mention, they are capable of maximum damage to the heaviest of damage to any Allied BG. Some of the BG's enter maps with 6-8 armored units. The 10.5 and 15cm may cycle slow, tho they will take out any, just hard to find places to hide.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
I believe those heavier guns are setup as area/infantry fire weapons because of their large caliber HE shells thus you can not target a tank directly.

OK, Thanks for the info.

Aetius

Rep: 89.2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:09 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

I've been playing the GC of BO v1.4 on WAR as Americans.
Until now i didn't have any problems.

Now the 3/16RCT reached Formigny wich is held by the 439 Ost.
As soon as i hit the next button i get this weird error, see screenshot.

Debugging steps taken:
-I've tried creating my own scenario on Formigny with the same BG's to verify it wasn't a problem with the map itself, map loads without a problem so Formigny map itself is OK.
-To verify it isn't a problem with the teams used by the BG's i removed all teams that i haven't used yet (American) or have played against yet (German), error remains.

Has anybody ever seen this error, i haven't got a clue where to look.

Thanks in advance

Aetius

Bloody Omaha error.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  555.09 KB
 Viewed:  617 Time(s)

Bloody Omaha error.png

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:12 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Created a single battle on the map with the BG's you have facing each other; German OST439 vs 3/16 1st Div. and it works fine.

What version of the TLD are using? v5.50.14b is the latest.

One thing I do notice in your picture is that the US Commander's picture is not in the right spot.

It could be a corrupt save game, if you are using the latest version can you upload it. If then crashes my install, we could post on the Matrix forum for Steve to see possibly what is wrong....

Last edited by Tejszd on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:50 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

I'm curious as to if Aetius is using Modswap for any Mods for WAR as well?

I'd be wiling to try the save game file as well.

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:58 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

I'm also currently playing the GC as the Americans vs AI.  I've had two CTDs, but they were of the 00:00 timer variety.

Aetius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:50 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Hi,

"Created a single battle on the map with the BG's you have facing each; German OST439 vs 3/16 1st Div. and it works fine." -> correct, to verify the Formigny map is OK.

I don't have TLD, i'm playing BO v1.4 on WAR upgraded to patch 4.50.15b, that's probably why the commanders pictures are offset.

I don't know if the save game files of WAR and TLD are compatibel but save game file in attach, platoon_michael can try it on WAR to verify if it's corrupt (had to zip it to attach).

Didn't use modswap but used the installer provided by Tejszd.

Thanks for the replies,

Aetius

Omaha-GC-am.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Omaha-GC-am.zip
 Filesize:  105.96 KB
 Downloaded:  555 Time(s)

Aetius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

I had some more time to investigate the error.

It appaers all german teams beginning with "Ost" in the OST439 BG have an issue.
When i remove the team (example: "Ost grenadiere") from the roster and try to add the same team to the roster again, the game crashes.

Can someone check this in the TLD version (make a single battle with Ost439 BG and try to add "Ost grenadiere" to the roster)

Thanks

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:54 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

I didn't experience the same error. However, the history of the Ost Batallion is quite interesting:

Ost-Btl. 439
Formed 13 January 1943 in the Rzhev area by XXXIX. Panzerkorps/9. Armee with a Stab and 1.-4. Kp.
History
26 May 43: Nevel – Orsha area under XXXIX. Panzerkorps/4. Armee.
25 Jul 43: transferred to an area 30 km SE of Roslavl’.
21 Aug 43: 2. Kp. ordered disbanded and its personnel sent to Dulag 130 in Roslavl’ due to attempted mutiny.
27 Aug 43: according to a report this date, 41 desertions and arrests within the Battalion in just two days.

Oct 43: ordered transferred to Bayeux/27 km WNW of Caen in Normandy for reassignment to 7. Armee with arrival planned for 28 October.
11 Feb 44: deployed in coastal defense positions under 716. Infanterie-Div./7. Armee.
19 Apr 44: re-designated IV.(Ost-)/Grenadier-Rgt. 726/716. Infanterie-Div.
6-11 Jun 44: credited with “fighting hard” in the Carentan area opposite Utah Beach during the Normandy landings.
Aug 44: retreated to Alsace and reassigned to 19. Armee.

Oct 44: disbanded (Feldpost number deleted 8 Nov 44) and its personnel reassigned to General Vlasov’s ROA at Münsingen.
FpNs: 57723
Kommandeur:
Oblt. Jakob ( ? - ? ) 5/43
Maj. Becker ( ? - ? ) 10/43, 6/44
[Sources: Tessin – X:176; Kannapin; Buss dissertation, p.411, citing Berliner Börsen Zeitung, 15.6.1944 and OKH/Genst.d.H./Org.Abt.(I) Nr.19938/44, 14.10.1944; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-312 roll 1356/105); (T-501 roll 90/014, 036 and 041].

(axishistory.com)

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:32 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Aetius wrote (View Post):
I had some more time to investigate the error.

It appaers all german teams beginning with "Ost" in the OST439 BG have an issue.
When i remove the team (example: "Ost grenadiere") from the roster and try to add the same team to the roster again, the game crashes.

Can someone check this in the TLD version (make a single battle with Ost439 BG and try to add "Ost grenadiere" to the roster)

Thanks

I created a single battle in TLD with the Ost439 BG and played as the Germans using both Ost Grenadiere units shown in the force pool. The battle started fine.

Sounds like a save game corruption possible related to the Ost Grenadiere squad you had already used??? Supposedly the corruption was fixed???

Aetius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:57 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

This is a weird thing.

When i create a single battle with Ost439, the battle starts but when i remove any unit beginning with Ost from the force pool and add the same unit from the force pool to the active roster the game crashes.
So it's definately not a corrupt save game (crash also happens in single battle).
Maybe some data got corrupted or parts of the data don't agree with WAR?
I'll try to replace the data files and see what happens.

Thanks for the read Uberdave, i'm surprised they put up such a fight, shows the Germans weren't expecting an invasion in Normandy.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:34 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Aetius, did you ever get past the problem?

Aetius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

No, i never could fix the problem but i could continue the campaign when i removed all teams beginning with "Ost" from the roster of that BG.
After i've finished playing the GC as the Americans, i've switched sides and continued playing the same GC as Germans, same thing here.

I did have quite a challenge to play as Germans against the Americans with very depleted BG's (the real Close Combat starts when you switch sides  Wink ).
Decisive victory on the last day of the campaign as Germans, see screenshots in attach.

I've enjoyed the mod very much, thank you for porting it to TLD/WAR.

Bloody omaha axis.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.54 KB
 Viewed:  558 Time(s)

Bloody omaha axis.jpg

Bloody omaha allies.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.03 KB
 Viewed:  479 Time(s)

Bloody omaha allies.jpg

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:35 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Good job on finishing the GC playing both sides, glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Any feedback for changes?

Here is what I have done since v1.4 came out;

- Added an RUnames.txt for Ost troops to have Russian names
- Added/Fixed 3 missing strat movement arrows (stratmap.txt and ScrnGadg.gdg)
- Added some missing commander pics; 513/30 Schnelle Hugo von Aufsess, US 26 1st ID Col Seitz, 1/175 29ID Lt. Whiteford, 3/175 29ID Lt. Gill, 121 Eng Lt. Col. Ploger, 635th TD Lt. Col. Smith, 743 Lt. Col. Upham
- Changed German 8.8cm Pak43 element size from 1 to 2 to prevent it from being deployed in small bunkers (vehicles.txt)
- Changed German panzershrek and US bazooka reducing max. range (weapons.txt)
- Changed German and US FO increasing accuracy (weapons.txt)
- Changed Night to occur before the 06:00 Turn 1 each day instead of before the 18:00 Turn 1 (campaign.txt)
- Changed mortar time to fire from 40 to 20 for all mortars but added the time to reload to not change the rate of fire (weapons.txt)

Thanks to Uberdave for his feedback on the previous release which led to many of the above changes!

Still to do or at least review;
- 105mm gun (M4s, M7) ratings
- Command Stuart unit pic
- M8A1 short-barrel 75mm unit pic

Aetius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:29 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

To play the Americans against the Germans as single player isn't really a challenge.
Maybe a vetmod could give the Germans stronger BG's (maybe Salhexe already did one?), but that would mean making it less historically correct.

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:54 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Quote:
Any feedback for changes?

Hi, We have been playing this H2H and have so far got through 60 odd battles. Its a tough job getting off those beaches as it should be,.. almost there at the end of the first day.

I would suggest that maybe a separate H2H GC be included with the following change :-

The 3 'Ranger' beaches be made encounter battles instead of the US attack, which they are at present. We found that by having them as attacks they just weren't worth playing, as the defence is so strong in TLD that they just don't have the strength to move forwards against a human opponent. Its also not possible for the Germans to throw the rangers off for the same reason, so the 3 maps just become stalemates.
While not strictly accurate this will at least get around this problem, and maybe allow some action on those beaches.

The only other difficulties were:-
The strength of the support which appeared to be weak compared to other games, the only one to have any (limited) effect was the Naval barrage, but even that wasn't great, the airstrike and mortar barrage had little effect, this was so for both sides, in fact I actually ran a couple of squads through a German mortar barrage at one point with little problem.

The regular mortars seemed to suffer from this too, and by the time we had played a few games we had generally stopped using them. As attacker they were only useful for providing smoke.

Overall a nice mod, and one that makes you think a bit when attacking, as the MGs and snipers are a great problem, however with the big Bgs of the US providing you time your attacks these can be overcome at a cost (lots of Germans medals around !  Smile )

Cheers Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:48 pm Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Aetius wrote (View Post):
(maybe Salhexe already did one?)

Look at this page

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=78691#78691

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:57 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Bloody Omaha v1.41;
- Added an RUnames.txt for Ost troops to have Russian names
- Added/Fixed 3 missing strat movement arrows (stratmap.txt and ScrnGadg.gdg)
- Added some missing commander pics; 513/30 Schnelle Hugo von Aufsess, US 26 1st ID Col Seitz, 1/175 29ID Lt. Whiteford, 3/175 29ID Lt. Gill, 121 Eng Lt. Col. Ploger, 635th TD Lt. Col. Smith, 743 Lt. Col. Upham
- Changed German 8.8cm Pak43 element size from 1 to 2 to prevent it from being deployed in small bunkers (vehicles.txt)
- Changed German panzershrek and US bazooka reducing max. range (weapons.txt)
- Changed German and US FO increasing accuracy (weapons.txt)
- Changed Night to occur before the 06:00 Turn 1 each day instead of before the 18:00 Turn 1 (campaign.txt)
- Changed mortar time to fire from 40 to 20 for all mortars but added the time to reload to not change the rate of fire (weapons.txt)
*** Fixed since the post above ***
- Changed Command Stuart unit pic from M4 Sherman to Staurt (alsteams.txt, GameGadg.gdg & ScrnGadg.gdg)
- Changed M8A1 75mm unit pic to side image to show short-barrel (GameGadg.gdg & ScrnGadg.gdg)

Still to do or at least review;
- Add some more commander pics if they can be found
- review 105mm gun (M4s, M7) gun ratings
- review naval and mortar support ratings

If you can find any of these commander pics it would be appreciated;
Flak Sturm Reg. 1 352 Werner von Kistows
726. 716ID Grenadier-Regiment: Oberst Walter Korfes
1716. 716ID Artillerie-Regiment: Oberstleutnant Helmut Knüppe
2/175 29th ID MILLARD Bowen Jr.
1/18 1st ID Col. George Smith, Jr.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:41 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

I have been looking at my CC directories/folders again since I have found sometime for converting Winter War to TLD and found my Bloody Omaha v1.41 changes.

In addition to what is shown in the post above, the following additional changes were made in 2016 based on feedback from Drizzt;
- Added Allied and Axis specific entry VL's (*.btd)
- Renamed the 4 Operations

And this year I adjusted the following based on feedback from Ronson;
- Increased 8cm Granatwerfer kill rating slightly up
- Increased 60mm/81mm mortar (includes off board mortar support for both sides) kill rating slightly up
- Increased aircraft bomb/rocket blast radius up
- reduced 4.2" mortar kill rating and blast rating down to be just under the 12cm

I have reached out to Mooxe to reset my ftp password so that I can share this version.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:43 am Post subject: Re: Bloody Omaha v1.4 Available! Reply with quote

Made a few more changes;

- Increased Naval support quantity on turn 1 for line from 2 to 4.  
The above support comes from the Battleships Arkansas (BB-33), Texas (BB-35) and the two French cruisers, Montcalm and Georges Leygues.

- Increased Artillery/Mortar support quantity on turn 1 for line from 2 to 8. Decreased Turn 2 on slowly from 4 to 2.
The above support comes from the Destroyers Emmons (DD-457), Carmick (DD-493), McCook (DD-496), Doyle (DD-494), Baldwin (DD-624), Harding (DD-625), Frankford (DD-497) and Thompson (DD-627).

- Decreased German beach BG commanders aggression by -3 (hope they stay in the bunkers/trenches longer)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: