Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:14 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Great Work!
By the way, .ccm file also works with CCMAT and CC RAF Regiment, but make sure to run the SysCon as administrator for installing.
Thanks for your perseverance and keeping it up until the result!
Thank you DAK_Legion for inspiring the idea, too!

I also like the aspect of this incident that this Site really works, one rolls the idea in, another one tries, discuss with others and finally finds a solution and share the result with others!

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:17 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for all the nice words and positive feedback guys. - Really appreciated !
And thanks to DAK_Legion for the idea of course ... or.. - I dont know.. his idea caused hours of scratching my head and photoshop work:D
Just kidding !  Thanks buddy!

2 Plugin versions for LSA are now up on the ftp:  

- V1 with just GtC explosions - No other changes.
- V1.1 were the smallest expl (Handgrenade size) is original LSA and rest is GtC Explosions)

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Quote:
Your work looks extremely good in "old" CC5 and mods.  I will also integrate the CC3 version tomorrow.

Congratulations on a stunning addition to the old game!

I found it quite surprising that just new explosions would bring back so much life (Or take them Wink) in CC5 and COI.

The Barrage in COI is really impressive now!  - With a nice explosion sounds in addition, it rocks the battlefield:D

crewman

Rep: 17.8
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:01 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Wow, great work SchnelleMeyer ... I didn't think it was going to convert to older versions with such good results! Looks good to me.
Thanks for making the LSA versions ... I'll hv a question or two after more testing.

And thanks also to GTC guys for new graphics Smile

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:19 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

"Yes, thats possible but I think tanks exploding/brewing up are hardcoded to one of the larger explosions (Exp40 or Exp60) so this is something you will have to live with.
But smaller explosions could be LSA no problem.
- Its the weapons DATA file that control what size of explosion are used for each weapon. "

I was playing WAR VetBoB with your plugin installed, one sherman got hit by panther and exploded nicely as expected, but more surprisingly and nicely, it cooked with the nice animation from GTC afterwards with nice dark 3D realistic smoke going up high above the tank and with its shadow falling on the ground. Same had happened in CCMT. But it does not always happen. I suppose it is connected to how serious you got hit, whether there is ammo explosion etc.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:30 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Thanks for this Meyer, very very good!   Very Happy

tripwire

Rep: 37.5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:27 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

For all of us still playing CC4 and VetBoB v1.13 by TT ....  just a note here that the new CC5 effects.azp works like a charm !!

Plus, as others have said... the CC3 and COI explosions from the new VFX.zfx are incredible !!

Thanks so very much ScnelleMeyer.

crewman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:14 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Hi ScnelleMeyer,
I am using your full LSA conversion of explosions ... and I can't see any graphic problem on any of them, even the small grenade. Not sure what you meant when you said you were having a problem with some smaller explosions?

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:51 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

I played CC5 Der Kessel mod with new plugin, it was really awesome!

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Thanks again for the fantastic reports guys:) - Its pleasing to have been able to give a little bit back to the CC community by this graphics conversion.
The real credit goes to the guys that made the explosions in GtC of course.

Quote:
But it does not always happen. I suppose it is connected to how serious you got hit, whether there is ammo explosion etc.

There are calculations in the .exe whether a vehicle will burn out or not I believe. I added the smoke effects for this first version except for LSA-plugin. - Will add them in there too when time permits.

Quote:
I played CC5 Der Kessel mod with new plugin, it was really awesome!

This mod has a lot of artillery observers if I remember correctly Very HappyVery Happy:D

The problem areas with the explosions:

Lines 1.jpg
 Description:
Lines in explosions shadows.
 Filesize:  30.05 KB
 Viewed:  505 Time(s)

Lines 1.jpg

Airsupport Lines.jpg
 Description:
Lines in converted Red smoke
 Filesize:  43.13 KB
 Viewed:  520 Time(s)

Airsupport Lines.jpg

Green tint.jpg
 Description:
Green tint or shadow
 Filesize:  58.8 KB
 Viewed:  518 Time(s)

Green tint.jpg

crewman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:29 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

hey ScnelleMeyer,
Thanks for ur explanation. I'm not noticing those small problem areas, especially with mostly green Normandy maps of LSA GJS.
I'd like to include ur work in version/s after GJS7.1 beta

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:10 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Some more observations:
For TLD and WAR, when a tank gets hit and starts burning. The Animation is always nice dark 3D smoke from GTC.

For CC5 normal tank burning, however in Kessel mod, I observed when a flamethrower burns some element, there is again this nice smoke.

And Der Kessel mod has not only artillery observers but many nice artillery pieces, where you could line them up and create your own rolling barrage.Smile

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:50 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Sorry for bothering you, but how do you install this for TLD?

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:03 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

I was hoping that someone would ask how to install it into any of the games so I wouldn't have to.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

crewman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:53 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

It looks like those are created to work with the plugin manager thing (modswap).
If you use modswap, you just hv to put the downloaded file in the plugins folder and then install it using modswap menu.

For manual install ... you can also rename the file you downloaded ... change the last three letters to .zip (for example instead of .tLD)
After it's renamed ... right click and open with windows explorer. Inside the opened folder, grab the Effects.azp file and put it in:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem\LOCALFX folder.
or whatever version of CC you are using.

save the original Effects.azp, if you want to go back to original effects

ke_mechial

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

I used plugin way, for CC5 (Config Manager), WAR, TLD and LSA (ModSwap)

For TLD, LSA and WAR there are exe installed folder switch mods, so you have to copy Effects.azp from default localfx folder, which is created by modswap and swap it manually with the one inside the folder  Mod_Name/Localfx.

bobbielidl

Rep: 4.1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:00 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

mod name will be close combat: michael bay edition?

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:07 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
I used plugin way, for CC5 (Config Manager), WAR, TLD and LSA (ModSwap)

For TLD, LSA and WAR there are exe installed folder switch mods, so you have to copy Effects.azp from default localfx folder, which is created by modswap and swap it manually with the one inside the folder  Mod_Name/Localfx.

All I did was unpack using winrar and put the azp in the localfx folder. Seems to work fine in LSA.
Thank you SchnelleMeyer! This looks great and I am going to use this file for the Rhineland mod.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:19 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Great stuff! Thanks a lot for the breakthrough and hard work, ScnelleMeyer!

CC5Utah_Oct15_0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  343.21 KB
 Viewed:  458 Time(s)

CC5Utah_Oct15_0008.jpg

CC5Utah_Oct15_0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  386.92 KB
 Viewed:  457 Time(s)

CC5Utah_Oct15_0001.jpg

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:31 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

I like the effects but personally  I feel its a little Over Kill for WAR.
I understand the amount of work ScnelleMeyer put into this,and my Hat's Off to him.
ScnelleMeyer Did FIRST what no one else had been able to do and if memory serves me correctly Matrix said couldnt be done.

Kudos to you ScnelleMeyer

I'll look into editing this too.
If I can remember how to or get help on how to ,which ever comes first.

There's no need inmho to have a Cloud of Dirt plume for every explosion.
Shots fired into Buildings shouldn't have a dirt explosion effect.

And I miss SAPA's Burning Vehicle effect during the Battle,for which he did for WAR.

Its just that some explosions are way to over kill for the older versions.
No disrespect intended.......Just my observation.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: