Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1225
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Bel8910

Rep: 80.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:12 am Post subject: New Mod Thoughts Reply with quote

So, I have a little time before my next class starts and work right now is slow so I thought of starting a new mod.  Here is my idea: since most of us are history buffs to some degree or another we may be aware that right after we finished WWII we could have fought WWIII.  Churchill and Patton trusted the Soviets about as much as Stalin trusted the West.  So, what if, in 1948, that distrust boiled over and Germany became a battleground again?  I am thinking American/British forces (supported by limited German Reserves) vs. the Soviet Bear with Land-Lease equipment running short of parts coupled with the best the Soviets have to offer. I would probably tip the favor to the Soviets in manpower, but to the West in equipment.  I would also have to build some Soviet models for their later tanks/guns/APCs.  

Anyway, just throwing some darts here.

Thoughts, comments?

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:26 pm Post subject: Re: New Mod Thoughts Reply with quote

PITF and GTC need more mods.. Full blown conversions. I don't think anyone can get over the beauty of the original games with mods. Wait another 5 years Smile

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 pm Post subject: Re: New Mod Thoughts Reply with quote

A battle of singapore mod.
Besides, French indochina war. Dien Bien Phu especially. There are actually pictures of a mod attempt. Whose files have unfortunately been lost by modder. So project has not been completed.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=71

I also discovered interesting photos, in user photos I think, which show uncompleted mods. Like this one:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=lastup&cat=10269&pos=1

By the way, guys please support Sulla, I think they have some progress with graphics and 3D model stuff. I hope their game will be great so it will urge the new generation to make new mods utilizing new features.
I am also dreaming of an Operation Just Cause mod with tracer effects in night battles (I hope it will be possible in the upcoming game from them).

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:51 pm Post subject: Re: New Mod Thoughts Reply with quote

That is an interesting mod idea for a "what if" war !

Would be interesting to play with just after ww2 weapons and vehicles.

Small maps that makes the most out ot the AI, with intense close in fighting would be much preferred.

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:57 pm Post subject: Re: New Mod Thoughts Reply with quote

Im not crazy about operation unthinkable.
There are many more cold wars mods we can think of.

French Vietnam war. 50s
Fall of Singapore WW2.
War on drugs
Khalkin-Gol reboot
Cuban revolution.
ISIS
Iraq war.
Chinese-Vietnams war
Other Russian federation wars.
Korean war.
Afganistan US war.
Soviet - Afganistan war
Second Japanese - sino war
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:35 am Post subject: Re: New Mod Thoughts Reply with quote

Six days in Fallujah!!

heia Safari!!

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:39 am Post subject: Re: New Mod Thoughts Reply with quote

I myself would love that type of mod.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

sod98

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:17 pm Post subject: Re: New Mod Thoughts Reply with quote

[quote="Bel8910";p="82974"]So, I have a little time before my next class starts and work right now is slow so I thought of starting a new mod.  Here is my idea: since most of us are history buffs to some degree or another we may be aware that right after we finished WWII we could have fought WWIII.  Churchill and Patton trusted the Soviets about as much as Stalin trusted the West.  So, what if, in 1948, that distrust boiled over and Germany became a battleground again?  I am thinking American/British forces (supported by limited German Reserves) vs. the Soviet Bear with Land-Lease equipment running short of parts coupled with the best the Soviets have to offer. I would probably tip the favor to the Soviets in manpower, but to the West in equipment.  I would also have to build some Soviet models for their later tanks/guns/APCs.  

A book written by a Jonathan Walker on the subject in mind - Operation Unthinkable. Gives some background to the then thinking of who should run Europe post WW2 etc.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17738856-operation-unthinkable

I like your idea. Something totally original but still using the same equipment. This time however, the new allies are now the enemies  USA / GB & others vs the newly expanded Soviet Union and Allies..........very good.

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:36 pm Post subject: Re: New Mod Thoughts Reply with quote

I vote for Khalkin-gol reboot as first and vietnam war as second choice.
There is also an interesting CC5 unfinished mod (I think there is a demo of it) called Battle of Surabaya.
Also second Japanese - sino war can be a good idea (maybe it's better to think to a specific sector).

As personal sensibility, I will never play a game/mod about recent wars (something like from Iraq to today) and I don't like too much "what if scenario".

Drizzt

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:04 pm Post subject: Re: New Mod Thoughts Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote (View Post):
I vote for Khalkin-gol reboot as first and vietnam war as second choice.
There is also an interesting CC5 unfinished mod (I think there is a demo of it) called Battle of Surabaya.
Also second Japanese - sino war can be a good idea (maybe it's better to think to a specific sector).

As personal sensibility, I will never play a game/mod about recent wars (something like from Iraq to today) and I don't like too much "what if scenario".

Drizzt

Yes, I have surabaya demo and play occasionally,  very enjoyable. It has lots of different authentic weapons. Besides, its data side is complete as I remember, it only needs new maps and campaign.

russ109

Rep: 12.9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: New Mod Thoughts Reply with quote

Guadacanal would be my suggestion. Lots of close quarter infantry fighting and few tanks.

Bel8910

Rep: 80.7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:46 pm Post subject: Re: New Mod Thoughts Reply with quote

I have already done a Vietnam mod of PitF for those who mentioned it.  It's even posted on this sight.   I have a lot of good input, so I thank you all.  I will let you know what I decide.  I just finished (for the most part) a mod of GTC:  Operation: Reforger- The Defense of the Fulda Gap (1986).

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

Jump to: