Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:42 am Post subject: Pzt vs Mercs. STALINGRAD WAR. Sign up. Reply with quote

Now we march to the East.

Sign up to join the Mercs and meet your demise at the hands of der Panzertruppen.

Mooxe is the team leader for the mercs and has final say on his roster.
Wruff is the team leader for Pzt.

Pzt represented by Wruff, Mac, Nemesis, Verboten, Ronson, Penguin, Hornet, and Jojo. Lambi also awaits the call to destroy the merc armies.

RULES AND REGS: Read Carefully.

This is a STALINGRAD operation. 7 days in length.
- 15 min battles
- Morale off
- Never act on initiative
- All victory locations
- 2 minute warning
- 6 tank limit (vehicles/halftracks count as 1/2 tank)

Germans set on GREEN.
Russians set on RECRUIT.

- No reinforce allowed. (I don't think reinforce is available on Stalingrad anyway)

PLAYER TURN LIMIT: The "3 battles per turn" limit is in effect (players can play max of 3 consecutive battles. Then 3 battles total must be fought by their teammates before that player can fight again).
Basically. For every battle you fight someone else on your team must fight one. No one can fight more than 3 in a row. Don't be a file hog, trading the file off between a couple of top-dogs. Get every active player in the mix as much as possible.

DEPLOY: We'll be using the "deploy box rule" so that players cannot deploy units in boxes that are not touching a friendly VL. Players can only deploy their units in squares that are touching other deploy boxes connected to a VL either directly (side by side) or diagonally.

CRASHED BATTLES WILL BE REBUILT: Crashed battles will be rebuilt to accurate territory at the time of the crash. If the battle crashes very early and nothing very significant has happened in the fight, then players may replay.

Full Disclosure: It's impossible to enforce a no-disclosure rule.
Teams may look at the enemies reserve positions. Sometime people practice a battle with a teammate, etc... so enemy reserve positions aren't any big secret. We'll play it as part of the game.

TIME OUT: Teams may call for a short pause in the action for strat evaluation. Keep it reasonable and short. Must give notice to the other team of your strategical pause. Time outs should never be more that just a few hours in length at most.

Patch: Get the stalingrad patch that was released this week. Available in the CCS Downloads section. Mandatory.
Get it here: http://www.closecombatseries.net/downloads/CC5/stalingrad/Patch_1.1.zip

This war will be reported on the WWWAR Ops Ladder which is very close to completion and will be released soon!
Eveyone who signs up for this war agrees to report to the WWWAR site upon its release.

Pzt_Wruff

Last edited by Pzt_Wruff on Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:46 am; edited 5 times in total

CavScout

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Wruff, I'd like to get in on this, so if possible sign me up.

Cmdr. 6th Guards Tank Brigade
Vladimir

Defending the motherland!

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

let's kick some HANSes Twisted Evil

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in. I will be team leader for mercs. I will only be accepting dedicated players who will play the game to the end and are willing to take and follow orders.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

rouge5

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Please sign me up, I can't wait to free mother Russia from the fascists Very Happy

Contact me on my yahoo mail: tazripper1 [at] yahoo [dot] com if you want to get in touch. I live in Denmark so I don't know if there will be a timezone problem or not.

Commander of the 23rd penal battallion - where your sins are washed away with your blood...

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

the old foe reports for duty!

Ceci tuera cela

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:04 pm Post subject: it would be a sin Reply with quote

if i did not sign up
STALINGRAD is the mod i have been waiting for for 3 years, first promised for cc3, my beloved version, now its reality, i salivate and play each day in extasy!

yes im pissed, and happy as a pig in shit!

STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!
STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!STALINGRAD!

OH YES , aussies won second test against kiwis(ANZAC TEST) 1 @
and im pissed, and "could not be happier then a russian in a liberated vodka factory!!!!"
"could not be happier then a russian in a liberated vodka factory!!!!"

oh the joy...

hic.....its just a game.....why cant i stop playing since 1996?

er, uh.....yes

merc_tack (again)

ps havent we to play merc v anzacs yet? get your shit together mercs and show the fuck up

espree de corp

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

me me, i'm in

:hurt8 start your engine

:bye

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it looks like the Mercs have 7 dedicated players. Each team is limited to 7 players, so this works good.

All Merc members, contact your team leader (MOOXE) ASAP!

If you have not done so already, dl the newest v1.1 patch and install it.

The final version of the Operation is near completion and will be handed over to MOOXE within the next 24hrs for Merc team review.

Pzt_Wruff will be the team leader for Der Panzertruppen. I will be the 2IC.

This war, as stated in Wruff's post, will be played for a WWWarTeam Ops Ladder (to be released VERY soon). If you are going to participate in this War, you must be willing to sign up at the WWWar site once released and adhere to all rules there with in.

Here are the epic teams for this new War!

MERC
MOOXE (team leader)
AT_Zappi (AKA the French Fryer)
Dima (AKA Dimalition)
ANZAC_Tack (AKA who needs to share whatever it is he's drinking with the rest of us)
rouge5 (AKA Destroyer of rouge's 1,2,3, and 4)
RedScorpian (AKA Lambi's Arch Nemesis)
Vladimir (AKA Maddox the Mauler)

Pzt
Pzt_Wruff (team leader)
Pzt_Verboten (AKA the Koala Killer)
Pzt_CommanderNemesis (AKA Who also needs to share what he's been drinking)
Pzt_Hornet (AKA FK-U-UP)
Pzt_Penguin (AKA The Flighless Bird of Prey)
Pzt_Ronson (AKA The English Hammer)
Pzt_Mac (AKA Mad Mac and the Terror Dome)

Good luck everyone.

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to list jojo in my first post. That's 8 for Pzt.
So there's one slot left for the mercs to make even.

ONE SLOT LEFT FOR MERCS. Sign up.

I'll copy the rules and regs in here in a few minutes.

Kutsteel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:32 pm Post subject: Can I play Reply with quote

I would love to play Wink I am a west coast USA player who also works swing shift so I could play late nights and whenever on weekends. you probably do not know me to well Bcuz I abhorr ladder play but am a great campaigner Razz If selected I will obey the commands of the boss and send the Hun or Slavs to their deaths

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

We've met before Kutsteel.
You're in. Committed. No turning back. Wink

Okay. Teams are locked. 8 vs 8.

All the mercs that signed up should contact mooxe asap so he knows you're game.

Teams:

MERCS
MOOXE (team leader)
AT_Zappi
AT_Dima
ANZAC_Tack
rouge5
AT_RedScorpion
6GTB_Vladimir
Kutsteel

Pzt
Pzt_Wruff (Leader)
Pzt_Mac (Adjutant)
Pzt_Verboten
Pzt_CommanderNemesis
Pzt_Hornet
Pzt_Penguin
Pzt_Ronson
Pzt_jojo

I'll be back shortly to post the rules and regs.
Mac and I will finish testing the op tonight, then we'll get it right over to the merc leader for review. Mercs will select their side and then we'll have a Stalingrad war. Smile

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:20 pm Post subject: Operation Black. Rules and Regs Reply with quote

- 15 min battles
- Morale off

Germans set on GREEN.
Russians set on RECRUIT.

- No reinforce allowed.

PLAYER TURN LIMIT: The "3 battles per turn" limit is in effect (players can play max of 3 consecutive battles. Then 3 battles total must be fought by their teammates before that player can fight again).
Basically. For every battle you fight someone else on your team must fight one. No one can fight more than 3 in a row. Don't be a file hog, trading the file off between a couple of top-dogs. Get every active player in the mix as much as possible.

DEPLOY: We'll be using the "deploy box rule" so that players cannot deploy units in boxes that are not touching a friendly VL. Players can only deploy their units in squares that are touching other deploy boxes connected to a VL either directly (side by side) or diagonally.

CRASHED BATTLES WILL BE REBUILT: Crashed battles will be rebuilt to accurate territory at the time of the crash. If the battle crashes very early and nothing very significant has happened in the fight, then players may replay.

Teams may look at the enemies reserve positions. Sometime people practice a battle with a teammate, etc... so enemy reserve positions aren't any big secret. We'll play it as part of the game.

TIME OUT: Teams may call for a short pause in the action for strat evaluation. Keep it reasonable and short. Must give notice to the other team of your strategical pause. Time outs should never be more that just a few hours in length at most.

Patch: Get the stalingrad patch that was released this week. Available in the CCS Downloads section. Mandatory.
Get it here: http://www.closecombatseries.net/downloads/CC5/stalingrad/Patch_1.1.zip

I'll be sending the op file to mooxe this evening. Take your time looking the file over and select your side.

I think that covers it. Any questions or concerns, post here.

Wruff

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

(Wruff I am not the least bit organised yet, be patient with us)

Volksjager_cn

Rep: 47.5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Volksjager reporting in .....

<tick> <tick>....

My good lord, the team is filling up before I can send in my application. Hope there is still spaces left.

Very Happy

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No rush mooxe.

Volksjager. It's up to mooxe. Teams are 8 man limit, though I won't dispute one more for mercs.
This op isn't very long (probably 7 days), so too many on a team could spread it out too thin.

Wastemoreland

Rep: 13.7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:29 am Post subject: When? Reply with quote

When will it start? will it be played VIA the Gamespy, or is it ok to use the multyplayer lan aswell? Stalingrad massengrav! massengrad Stalingrav! (russian propaganda sent with speakers to the german lines) :zzz hehehe

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappi, RS, Vlad, Volks, Kutsteel, Dima, Sickf1 & Tack please post in the mercenaries forum that you acknowledge being on the team.

Wastemoreland and Rogue are backups.

Last edited by mooxe on Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercs don't miss the above post by mooxe.

This is a repost so everyone is clear on the rules and regs, etc..

- 15 min battles
- Morale off
- All victory locations
- 2 minute warning

Germans set on GREEN.
Russians set on RECRUIT.

- No reinforce allowed. (I don't think reinforce is available on Stalingrad anyway)

First strat as follows for front line (do with your reserves what you wish, and of course after first strat then anything goes).
- Sculpturny Park: German attack with the 27/29.
- Red October Settlements: Meeting (German 26/24 meets the Russian 6th Guards).
- Meat Plant: Meeting (German 24/24 meets the Russian 27th Tank Brigade).
- Dolgiy Gully: Russian Attack with the 137th Tank Brigade.

This war will be reported on the WWWAR Ops Ladder which is very close to completion and will be released soon!
Eveyone who signs up for this war agrees to report to the WWWAR site upon its release.

Pzt_Wruff

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent the file to mooxe @ mooxe [at] rogers [dot] com

First strat is as follows. Do with your reserve whatever you wish, and of course after first strat then anything goes.
First strat must be followed. Presetting deploys in the editor to get the required initial engagements results in CC deploy bugs (i.e. BG's deploying off of their supply, etc...). These first round strat orders ensures that the first round goes off without any complications. These first moves are well considered for the overall op design and must be followed by both sides.

- Sculpturny Park: German attack with the 27/29 into Sculpturny Park, engaging the russian BG already there.
- Red October Settlements: Meeting (German 26/24 meets the Russian 6th Guards).
- Meat Plant: Meeting (German 24/24 meets the Russian 27th Tank Brigade).
- Dolgiy Gully: Russian Attack with the 137th Tank Brigade into Dolgiy Gully, engaging the german BG that's already there.

Germans set on Green. Russians set on Recruit.

Take your time looking the file over and let me know which side you decide to go with.

I also wanted to mention to everyone. Since we've got large teams assembled on both sides we should always be considerate of our teammates who may be present waiting to fight. It's good policy to check back in Gamespy following every battle to hand the file off to your teammate so they can get some action too.
Let's make it fun for everyone.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: