Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1166
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
 Author
TWJunky

Rep: 24.3

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:26 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

how do i change the battle timer to 5sec?

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:25 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Open the save file in a hex editor and, assuming the original timer was 15 minutes, change the value 28 23 on the first line to 32 00.

The first value (byte) in the save file determines which side youre playing - 00=Allied; 01=Axis. There are are a lot of ways to customize an Op/GC only available by hex editing save files.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

typically I number all my tanks when I play, so that I can tell weather they come back after being damaged ...immobilized etc. in my experience the manual appears correct. about 40% of the time damaged tanks etc come back to the active roster.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Tweed

Rep: 11.9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi everybody. I'm playing this wonderfull mod 7.3 as Allies vs German AI.
I love LSA features - stacking BGs and point buying system. They brought wonderful new strategical and tactical dimensions for the gameplay. Encircling, cutting supplies,  attacking from different directions, borrowing units, changing frontline BG without losing grabbed ground - everything simulates the real combat.

However, disbanded BGs, which never come back, --  ruin fun completely.

As a human I manage BGs deployment and movement in a way which allows arrival of new BGs and retreat of defeated BGs.

However, AI completely fails with strategic movement and deployment. Several times I was able to fend of AI's attacking BG and AI's BG was disbanded because the map this BG was attacking from was already occupied by two another BGs. Absorbing units from disbanded BG doesnt compensate this - AI fails to deploy armor, absorbed from disbanded BG, into active roster of infantry BG, which absorbed the remnants of armored BG.
Losing a BG as separate unit in such way - is unfair and unrealisctic.

Can anything be done about this? Does anybody face the same problem?

IMHO,  the best gameplay mechanics should be as follows:
1. If a BG is unable to retreat because the map is occupied by friendly BGs - it should be disbanded and reappear at supply deport. The following happens with its forcepool:
- if blocked retreatment route was to uncontested map - nothing lost from the forcepool. So, the penalty is time and deterioration of strategic position.
- if blocked retreatment route was to contested map - 30% of its forcepool is lost.
2. Only BGs cut of supply are disbanded forever. In this case following happens with the forcepool of disbanded BG:
- if a BG (or two) completely surrounded by uncontested enemy ground -  everything is lost from the forcepool.
- if there is friendly BGs in any adjacent map - 50% of infantry units is absorbed by friendly BGs, 100% of armour/vechicles/guns is lost if fuel=0, or 20% absorbed if fuel>0.

Can the above be modded?

Or is it possible to mod 3-5 stacked BGs on one map?

mick_xe5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Disbanded BGs can be modded to return the next day at the nearest available friendly supply depot by opening /Data/Base/Campaign.txt and toggling the #Misc. options/features>#Recycle Disbanded BGs from 0 (= Never come back) to 1 (= Return next day).

The above is an all or nothing edit. Either disbanded BGs are absorbed (0) or return later (1). No way to mod 3-5 BGs per map or contested map/out-of-supply penalties without re-writing the game code.

Tweed

Rep: 11.9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:59 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

mick_xe5 wrote (View Post):
Disbanded BGs can be modded to return the next day at the nearest available friendly supply depot by opening /Data/Base/Campaign.txt and toggling the #Misc. options/features>#Recycle Disbanded BGs from 0 (= Never come back) to 1 (= Return next day).

The above is an all or nothing edit. Either disbanded BGs are absorbed (0) or return later (1). No way to mod 3-5 BGs per map or contested map/out-of-supply penalties without re-writing the game code.

I have seen somewhere, that (1) toggling from 0 to 1 will return BG only if it initially entered the map with supply depot and (2) BG will not try to reenter and will be lost forever if the map is already occupied.

Does this mean that playing GJS-LSA vs AI is worthless and unchallenging, compared to GJS-TLD or CC5?
I have all of them but didnt try GJS GC elsewhere except LSA

mick_xe5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Tweed wrote (View Post):
I have seen somewhere, that (1) toggling from 0 to 1 will return BG only if it initially entered the map with supply depot
Im not sure about this but will test and let you know.

Quote:
and (2) BG will not try to reenter and will be lost forever if the map is already occupied.
The same parameters that apply to reinforcing BGs...
"17.9 - If the Reinforcement Battle Group is trying to arrive on a designated map, but cannot because there was another friendly Battle Group on the map, it finds the closest open “friendly” supply depot to it’s initial deploy map and deploys there."
...should also apply to returning (reforming) disbanded BGs. Again, easy enough to test. The manual mentions in the 17.9 header 'Reforming' but doesnt define what it is. From previous CCversions you'd assume it was disbanded BGs that are returning at 0600 the next day and BGs that retreated off the strategic map via an off-map exit VL.

Quote:
Does this mean that playing GJS-LSA vs AI is worthless and unchallenging, compared to GJS-TLD or CC5?
I have all of them but didnt try GJS GC elsewhere except LSA
The strategic AI is lacking in all versions. One trick I use is to switch sides every other strat turn, make that sides strat moves, execute, then if Im controlling the enemy that turn, SAVE and switch back. This alternates each side getting smart strat moves (me)  with not so smart (AI) at the small expense of knowing a little more about the enemy strategic positioning. The Save Edit tool makes switching sides easy as well as changing scenario options.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:54 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

This thread contains a discussion on BG spawning:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11191&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

GameRat

Rep: 44.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:36 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

"I will put this in the bug database to evaluate next time there's work scheduled on the old releases.

Steve"

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3716292&mpage=2&key=

BG's not returning is a game bug, as seen in the Matrix link above. Maybe Matrix will fix the bug at some time. Until then, it is what it is.

But GJS 8.0 has this option enabled, and also changed two Allied minor depots to major depots ... so all Allied BG's should return if disbanded and in supply.
For H2H play this may be an ok work around for the bug, since Allies are usually attacking into high risk of disbandment areas and are more likely to get disbanded ... at least during first half of Campaign.

German BG's are not so easy to fix since their arrival to the Strategic map is not at major depots maps at Strat map edge.

German BG's arrival to certain areas of the Strat map at a specific time is essential to game play ... but it is logically  possible to re position German BG's backwards to major depot maps at Strat map edge (keeping same time to front arrivals).  The exception is for some BG's during the first day of two ... since they need to be closer to the beach to make contact, without Allies getting too far inland.

As for single player games ... AI doesn't move very smart on the Strategic map. And about German AI not using enough Armor units ... you can edit your opponent and add in the Armor (if available). Not as good as Multiplayer, but CC has some intrinsic, less than ideal, functions.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Jump to: