Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Citrus

Rep: 3.9
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: The Atomic Games Legacy : V for Victory Reply with quote

Ikrananka, do you know about later V4Victory's that went under another name.  There were about three battles.  I forget the series title, or game developer, but it was basically V4V in all but name.  I recall downloading a North Africa campaign that had British, Australian, South African and New Zealand divisions, and Long Range Desert Groups.  I can't remember what the games or developer were called.  Might have been mods.  I'll keep looking around for them.  I was wondering if you knew about or including them in your video series.

I'm almost inspired to do my own gaming videos.

Citrus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:31 pm Post subject: Re: The Atomic Games Legacy : V for Victory Reply with quote

Nevermind.  I found them.  Here is Operation Crusader:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijIEkA1NmdI

Citrus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:33 pm Post subject: Re: The Atomic Games Legacy : V for Victory Reply with quote

Stalingrad was the other one, and it looks to have PBEM.   Twisted Evil

ikrananka

Rep: 29.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:35 pm Post subject: Re: The Atomic Games Legacy : V for Victory Reply with quote

Citrus wrote (View Post):
Nevermind.  I found them.  Here is Operation Crusader:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijIEkA1NmdI

They were part of the "World at War" series and used the same engine as the V for Victory games but with a rejigged user interface.  I actually mention them right at the beginning of my Atomic Games video.  They were also developed by Atomic Games after they ended their relationship with Three-Sixty Pacific and joined up with Avalon Hill.

While my next Atomic Games video will cover the remaining V for Victory games, the third video in the series will cover the World at War games so look out for these later this month.

YouTube Channel

ikrananka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: The Atomic Games Legacy : V for Victory Reply with quote

Yes - I mention in the Atomic Games video that PBEM was only officially supported in the World at War series.

YouTube Channel

Citrus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:38 pm Post subject: Re: The Atomic Games Legacy : V for Victory Reply with quote

ikrananka wrote (View Post):

Yes - I mention in the Atomic Games video that PBEM was only officially supported in the World at War series.

Are you interested in doing a PBEM?

ikrananka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:40 pm Post subject: Re: The Atomic Games Legacy : V for Victory Reply with quote

I would just add that all three of the World at War games have PBEM.  The games are:

Operation Crusader
    Stalingrad
    D-Day America Invades

There was also a fourth planned, possibly around the Battle of the Bulge, but as far as I know it never got past the early discussion stage.

YouTube Channel

ikrananka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: The Atomic Games Legacy : V for Victory Reply with quote

I would love to, although I have NEVER played any of those particular games and so I'm sure I would play like a noob.  So, if you don't mind that let's go for it.  A few questions:

* Would be cool if we could do this as a Let's Play with us both recording our respective sessions.  Do you have a YouTube channel?  Are you up for that?
* Which game would you prefer?
* Do you have any experience with the games?

YouTube Channel

Citrus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:05 pm Post subject: Re: The Atomic Games Legacy : V for Victory Reply with quote

I would love to, although I have NEVER played any of those particular games and so I'm sure I would play like a noob.  So, if you don't mind that let's go for it.  A few questions:

* Would be cool if we could do this as a Let's Play with us both recording our respective sessions.  Do you have a YouTube channel?  Are you up for that?
* Which game would you prefer?
* Do you have any experience with the games?

Great minds think alike!

I do have YouTube a channel and have video production experience, and I'm contemplating making a Let's Play channel.  I'll PM you details.

In terms of preference, I'm leaning towards Stalingrad.  However, what is the difference between WAW: America Invades and V4V: Utah?

I haven't played any of the World at War series.  I started Operation Crusader game many years ago to have look, but never played more than a couple of turns.  I only remember how huge the map was and the different nations.  V for Victory:  Velikiye Luki is the only battle I have ever actually played substantially.  

We'll both be approaching the battles with no knowledge, which is the best fog of war we can ask for.

ikrananka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:12 pm Post subject: Re: The Atomic Games Legacy : V for Victory Reply with quote

[quote="Citrus";p="87459"][quote="ikrananka";p="87458"][quote="Citrus";p="87456"]

Great minds think alike!

In terms of preference, I'm leaning towards Stalingrad.  However, what is the difference between WAW: America Invades and V4V: Utah?

I haven't played any of the World at War series.  I started Operation Crusader game many years ago to have look, but never played more than a couple of turns.  I only remember how huge the map was and the different nations.  V for Victory:  Velikiye Luki is the only battle I have ever actually played substantially.  

We'll both be approaching the battles with no knowledge, which is the best fog of war we can ask for.

America Invades adds Omaha Beach to Utah Beach so covers both of the American beaches in one campaign game.  As I'll be playing a Utah Beach campaign in my upcoming Let's Play I'd rather avoid America Invades for now.

I know a little about Stalingrad and it's a very bloody and interesting battle.  It could be very interesting to see how the balance of power swings from the Germans to the Russians.  Let's figure out the details by PM.

YouTube Channel

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: