Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
shorttape

Rep: 35.1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:10 am Post subject: bloody first first look Reply with quote

a friend rushed out to purchase this , and wished he hadn't
looking over his shoulder while playing , I could only comment . what were they thinking !!
im not here to write a review , but keep your cash in your pocket, not worth the effort or the expense .
we waited a long time for NOTHING

GeneralSauce

Rep: 39.3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:24 am Post subject: Sorry, but yah.... wish I hadn't. opinions wanted Reply with quote

Not tight.  so sad.  i waited soooo long.  Its just wonky and slow and the mouse movement and interaction sucks and the guys move too slow and its just weird.   so bummed.  lIts hard to describe whats bad about it other than to just say its clumsy and wonky.   It needs to run at least 50% faster.    The last good CC was TLD.  

They had a winning formula with COI, WAR, TLD, LSA...all rocked. them someone just has to change the formula and put out a crap factory like PITF....but do they learn their lesson? no so then CAEN comes alone, which was only slightly better...then.....this.  im not a hater either.  I really wanted to love it. Id play PITF any day over this.

If anyone ever listens to these postings, that is involved with making these CC games, here is the opinion of someone who's played since CC2 was a brand new game.  I posted this in another thread and ill post it again now.  i'd love some feedback. anyone else have an opinion?

My absolute favorite aspect of Close Combat is the part of Cross of Iron/CC3 that allowed you to assign a certain amount of points for each side in a  battle and when you play you basically get to go shopping with a specific amount of points and you can set it so all possible teams/vehicles are available.  You can make the battle last days on the same map, OR you could attach any maps you wanted to it and create your own timeline.  And there are HUNDREDS of maps.  My cousin and I would (and still do) bet 100$ on a 500 point (sometime more sometimes less) 3 day battle with an additional 50 points per day if a truce was agreed too.  Its fantastic.  The shopping for teams is half the fun.  If this could be added to any MOD in TLD, that would be my dream game.  That's the problem is the TLD kharkov/Der kessesl, etc. MODS are so superior in performance and maps and play, that its hard to go back and play cross of iron.  The create a scenario part of TLD and the others after COI just doesn't allow for the same level of creativity.  There was also a Free Deploy mod way back fro CC3 that allowed you to deploy your troops anywhere on the maps.  So the battle could go north to south, or vice versa or you could have someone be surrounded.   I would love to see that in TLD and the other new ones.... Does anyone else agree or am I alone on this one?

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:51 am Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

Generalsauce...im trying to get a hold of you...I believe were in the same time zone. drop me an e mail at mmacklam [at] telus [dot] net and lets chat.

as for your comments above....I don't agree with you but I don't disagree either. im not a fan of CC3 or COI per say...I don't like the linear strat map....and they did it again in TBF....sigh.
LSA was the pinical of CC IMO...it had ALL the stuff we wanted and then they started to take stuff out after that...IE: PITF and GTC...why would they do that??? it had a great strat and cool game and BG options....merging....borrowing....stacking......etc...the list goes on.
matrix told me that LSA was too hard for a newbie to figure out so they took a bunch of the options out for PITF.....WTF???? too hard to figure out!!!! my god......

the LSA / GJS mod is awesome if I don't say so myself. it can be played on GR too. all the cool LSA stuff.......

don't get me wrong...I like CC3 and COI but id rather play with the NON Linear strat.

im waiting to buy TBF...ive play tested all the CC games for matrix...after we have bought them of course...and im not doing it again. and it appears its a buggy disappointment again so far....ill wait till they patch it a few times and then get it....sigh....

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:59 am Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

steiner says: "Matrix told me that LSA was too hard for a newbie to figure out so they took a bunch of the options out for PITF."

What stuff did they take out of PITF? Unlike most everyone else, I really like it. Now I am wondering what is missing?

I believe that GtC could have so much better. But when they settled on only 32 maps when it could have been 64 I felt cheated.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:27 am Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

LSA was the last CC where the 2nd battle group on map could lend units to the battle and those units could arrive at their own entry VL if the BG came onto the map from a different map than the front line BG.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:41 am Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

From what I see reported on the Matrix forum, this game was not ready for release. Does not seem to have been tested properly, even though it's been X years in the making. Waiting patiently to jump in.

ringoblood

Rep: 1.8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:17 am Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

Hey guys, I first want to apologize on behave of the Beta team for letting you all down on the buggy mess TBF was on release. It was a new engine new graphics and the dev team was focus on getting the engine polished instead of listen to our feedback which over the last few month since release they are now during with the public and putting in the feature needed badly in the game and fixing the bugs the new engine is posing on hardware not tested during beta phases. I for one apologize for my lack of time towards the end of the beta due to coming down with brain cancer, and the passing of my grandmother who I was care-takeing for 8 yrs. I am sorry for letting you all down, but since the last post in this forum of Oct 30 and its now a week before Christmas the game is still not perfect, but it much better improved where I put my stamp of approval on it now.

Josh

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:58 pm Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

Why apologize? You are not responsible. It was not the testers decision which bugs to work on and which to fix before the release.
I tested it too but felt so disconnected to the game I couldn't bear playing more than a few games and didn't bother reporting on them. After several updates I checked if the usual bugs had been fixed but helas.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

ringoblood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:32 pm Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

Hey Pete Thanks man, Just a heads up i checked you FB stuff out, im gonna like it and follow, my FB name is Josh Torgrimmer, if you want to Friend, and chat. COI is my fav CC game so you mods will be right up my alley. Good stuff.

Josh

Hicks

Rep: 31.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:31 pm Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

ringoblood wrote (View Post):
Hey guys, I first want to apologize on behave of the Beta team for letting you all down on the buggy mess TBF was on release. It was a new engine new graphics and the dev team was focus on getting the engine polished instead of listen to our feedback which over the last few month since release they are now during with the public and putting in the feature needed badly in the game and fixing the bugs the new engine is posing on hardware not tested during beta phases. I for one apologize for my lack of time towards the end of the beta due to coming down with brain cancer, and the passing of my grandmother who I was care-takeing for 8 yrs. I am sorry for letting you all down, but since the last post in this forum of Oct 30 and its now a week before Christmas the game is still not perfect, but it much better improved where I put my stamp of approval on it now.

Josh

Wishing you a speedy recovery!  Smile

Pete

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:36 pm Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

Hey Pete Thanks man, Just a heads up i checked you FB stuff out, im gonna like it and follow, my FB name is Josh Torgrimmer, if you want to Friend, and chat. COI is my fav CC game so you mods will be right up my alley. Good stuff.

Josh

Yes this past summer I worked on a conversion of our Scheldt mod for CC5 to COI but in October I got a fatal HDD error and have not been able to recover my most recent work. Since I had never experienced a HDD failure before I got careless and did not make frequent back ups. I still have files though, but I am afraid that a lot of the work I put in recoding the maps might have to be redone. Also, all the battles and Ops have to redone from scratch. I am slowly picking up work on the mod again.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Pete

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:38 pm Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

Hey Pete Thanks man, Just a heads up i checked you FB stuff out

Josh

Do you already know the Close Combat group on fb? https://www.facebook.com/groups/718767891562281/

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

ringoblood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:49 pm Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

Pete wrote (View Post):
Hey Pete Thanks man, Just a heads up i checked you FB stuff out

Josh

Do you already know the Close Combat group on fb? https://www.facebook.com/groups/718767891562281/

No I didn't sweet, I'll have to check it out definably. Thanks my man.  Smile

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:45 pm Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

After looking at videos on the new Matrix game TBF I have to say that is appears to be what so many WWII gamers have been wanting. It seems to be as close as you can get to the AH series of platoon level games with hardly any game space and definitely only small unit action. Since I only looked at a couple of the videos I couldn't tell if anything other than a platoon of tanks was even a part of the limited field of battle.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:37 pm Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

Yes I am having tough time trying to get a sense of how TBF gameplay is even from the videos.  Is the AI any good?  Is it even any better than the original CC2 or CC3 in that regard in real "close combat".
Seems like with each new release we are told about all these improvements which are mostly for graphics but the overall gameplay especially vs AI does not perform well compared to original releases from 20 years ago. Still probably going to buy it but not until it goes on sale by a lot.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 am Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

Anyone see this update for Mods ?  

https://www.slitherine.com/news/close-combat-tbf-receives-the-map-editor-and-new-modding-tools-in-v111

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:11 am Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

Hello Gentelman,
I dont see a whole lot posted here so I just wonder.......

Who has the game and do they like it?
I dont have it,not sure if I will yet or not

Pete

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:39 am Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

All your questions on TBF can be answered by Nomada_Firefox.  Laughing

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:29 pm Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

Platoon M: You could check out the Game reviews on STEAM forums .

ringoblood

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:56 pm Post subject: Re: bloody first first look Reply with quote

Also the Matrix Forums is a good place to check for feed back on game development.

Josh

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Bloody First
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: