Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:31 am Post subject: TLD Meuse v3.53 and LSA Meuse v4.0 Update
Just wanted to provide an update on Meuse.
The hope/plan was to update TLD Meuse and also release LSA Meuse for May 10 to coincide with the German attack in the West.
The bad news is I didn’t get there. My wife had a different plan and we got a rescue dog (Shepard pup) in March and things ground to almost to halt. House training, playing, walking, etc. is taking up a lot of non-work hours which I previously could have used for CC. So I did not get to where I wanted to be able release the mods. I ask your patience for a while longer so I can finish the planned things on top of what is ready at this time.
Here is where things are at for TLD Meuse v3.53:
1) Added German minor supply depot on Pouillon for all Campaigns
2) Added Random weather grand campaign
3) Changed French artillery support adding 3 maps; Florenville, Pouillon and Vresse and removing 9 maps; Aubigny, Beaumont, Brognon, Chimay, Hami, Maubeuge, Rumigny, St Michel, Thuin (StratMap.txt)
4) Changed German air supply at line from 1 to 2 per day-time period from the 13eve to end of the GC. The quantity also changes based difficulty; ex. Recruit available earlier and in greater quantity or Elite available later and decreased quantity (Campaign.txt)
5) Changed sdkfz 6/2 3.7cm flak reducing the # clips to 36 (Vehicles.txt) and clip size from 8 to 6 (Weapons.txt)
6) Changed Pz35 and Pz37 MG37 max range to 600m (Weapons.txt)
7) Changed the Dinant exit to Beauraing to the East bank of the Meuse river (Dinant2.btd). This will give a German BG in Dinant with a blown bridge a way to move.
8) Removed artillery observers for Green so they are only available on Recruit for both sides per the Mod Notes (fpools.txt)
9) Changed German LMG team magazines from 3 to 5 (soldiers.txt) and shells per mag from 75 to 50 (Weapons.txt)
10) Changed French 50mm and German 5cm mortar setup time from 600 to 500 1/10s (Weapons.txt)
11) Changed French 60mm mortar setup time from 800 to 600 1/10s and min. range from 60m to 75m (Weapons.txt)
12) Changed French 80mm and German 8cm min. range from 80m to 120m (Weapons.txt)
13) Changed French BG's with Light or Med tanks to have a Strat Med tank icon instead of heavy. The original thinking was to confuse German commanders but it didn't as they could always click on a BG to see what tanks they were up against.
14) Changed the Meuse main screen to indicate the version of Close Combat the mod is running on LSA or TLD
15) Changed French movement communication error % from 10% to 7%, 3% (2nd last day only) and 0% (last day)
16) Changed German movement communication error % from 5% to 3%, 1% (2nd last day only) and 0% (last day)
17) Changed the maximum distance from starting map a BG can look for a supply depot to reform on from 3 to 6. This will allow both French and German BG's that are disbanded anywhere on the strat to have at least 1 starting map/supply depot to reform on.
18) Changed French team 13 Eclaireur, a 1 man Scout/Marksman, from Scout to Sniper so a single man team can not capture VL's (like 1 man snipers)
19) Changed French Canon de 105 court mle35, Canon de 105 mle1913 and 75mm mle 1897 L/36.3 front armour plate from 25mm to 20mm and top from 15mm to 8mm
20) Changed French Canon de 105 court mle35 lowered chance that armour protects crew from front 280 to 198 & side 220 to 36 (this aligns with other guns)
21) Changed German 4.7cm PaK36 (t), 7.5cm IG18, 10.5cm leFH 18 and 15cm sIG33 front armour plate from 25mm to 20mm and top from 15mm to 8mm
22) Changed German 4.7cm PaK36 (t) penetration at PB 75 to 85, Close 68 to 80, Med 61 to 69 and Long no change
23) Changed French 47mm SA37 L/53 penetration at PB 80 to 90, Close 73 to 83, Med 64 to 70 and Long no change
24) Changed Bruckenleger IVb hull top armour from 12mm to 24mm (this represents the bridge metal carried on top)
25) Changed Rumigny map breaking up the deep water in the stream to allow soldiers to cross anywhere along it but preventing vehicles.
26) Fixed BG names; 148 101e s/b 84 101e and 84 102e and 148 102e
27) Fixed Rocquigny map VL's to Rumigny (moved from North/top to East/right) and Signy (moved from East/right to North/top)
28) Fixed Campaign text "The Axis are currently winning the campaign, because they control a greater number of crucial victory locations than the Axis" 2nd Axis should be Allies (CCResourceDLL.dll)
29) Split French 4eDCR into 2 BG's; 6th Demi Brigade and 8th Demi Brigade
30) Map coding review;
- make sure buildings are on level ground – DONE
- make sure buildings with multiple levels have walls around the highest level – IN PROGRESS
- make sure interior walls are there and are at the highest level – IN PROGRESS
Here is where things are at for LSA Meuse v4.0:
1) Ported TLD Meuse v3.53 mod to LSA
- resized BG screen unit pics
- resized editor screen BG pics
2) Added LSA features
- added new 64 map strat layer/map - thanks to SchnelleMeyer! preview: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12195
- added 20 new maps – Thanks to Southernland! Sorry it took so long to get these into the mod. I just got stuck on the new strat layer/map.
- added dual entry/exit VL's to a number of maps
- added new bridge graphics; undamaged, destroyed and repaired – IN PROGRESS
3) Added German BG's for the independent battalions;
- 521st Panzerjager Battalion
- 8th Panzerjager Battalion (was part of the 2nd Panzer)
4) Added German BG "SchützenRgt. 14-PzRgt.31 / 5. Pz"
5) Map coding review/updates
- add under bridge to existing maps as req’d – IN PROGRESS
- create new campaign/operations – IN PROGRESS
- review/update the 20 new maps and fix coding issues – IN PROGRESS
I would like to thank everyone who participated in the TLD Meuse H2H Grand Campaign on Discord from Nov. 2020 to Feb. 2021 and for all the feedback that was provided!
Last edited by Tejszd on Wed May 12, 2021 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:25 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse v3.53 and LSA Meuse v4.0 Update
Thank you for this very hefty update list Tejszd! An incredible amount of work that you have put into this re-edition of Meuse on the LSA platform. Atlthough I am sure there are quite a few people looking forward to the mod, I think you have your priorities right though - Real life comes first:)
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:26 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse v3.53 and LSA Meuse v4.0 Update
Quelqu'un parle français ? Pourrait il me dire ce que je dois faire pour éviter que mon CC arrête de scintiller et de trembler sur mon écran ? Quels sont les réglages à faire avec la carte vidéo ?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
In August of 2004, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE all pitched
in to create this Close Combat site. I would to thank all the people who have visited
and found this site to thier liking. I hope you had time to check out some
of the great Close Combat mods and our forums. I'd also like to thank
all the members of our volunteer staff that have helped over
the years, and all our users that contributed to this site!