Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:17 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

There are Tiger I's in the mod but they will be a rare sight.
Like Scnellemeyer said you'll have to use Panthers and PzIV's, the only tanks available in most german armored BG's.
To increase AT capability MarderIII's, STUG's and Jagdpanzers where added to the armored divisions.

The JSII is present in the mod but will not be the main soviet tank, JSII's where organised in breakthrough regiments and added to tank brigades where extra firepower was needed.
Most soviet tank brigades will have some JSII's in the mod, but not all of them.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:11 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Aetius wrote (View Post):
There are Tiger I's in the mod but they will be a rare sight.
Like Scnellemeyer said you'll have to use Panthers and PzIV's, the only tanks available in most german armored BG's.
To increase AT capability MarderIII's, STUG's and Jagdpanzers where added to the armored divisions.

The JSII is present in the mod but will not be the main soviet tank, JSII's where organised in breakthrough regiments and added to tank brigades where extra firepower was needed.
Most soviet tank brigades will have some JSII's in the mod, but not all of them.

If I recall right, Penetration of Panther's 75 mm is better than Tiger's 88 mm, thanks to its high velocity.

Looking forward to this great mod!!

Astalon

Rep: 14.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:09 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Tank battles on the Eastern Front - wonderful! Thanks for your work.

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:12 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to this mod , Looks so promising. I love those mods who pay attention to details like Division's name and symbols ,correct name of general in command as well as correct order of battle that each units had at the time of the battle. I hope soon the maps that represent the actual battlefield are added.

One request is that please also include a Plug-in file as well so the mod can be installed using Modswap (it is the only way mods can be played through Game Ranger)

thank you very much

Aetius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:45 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

I'm afraid i have to dissapoint you, Maybe 1 or 2 new maps will be added.

The problem with mapmaking is the huge amount of time and an "artistic touch" it takes to produce a decent looking map.
I have neither  Sad

Even if i was able to produce a map a week it would be more than a year of intense map making and honestly i don't like map making.
I prefer data editing and making the user interface much more.

I wanted to find an easy way of drawing maps with existing software like flowscape or the gem editor of MOW, but neither are very practical for close combat.

I'll check with mooxe about the plugin version when the mod is finished, he has a plugin modernization project running.

Aetius

Aetius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:56 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

I'm ready to release the Radzymin '44 mod, i've contacted Mooxe to upload the mod.

No new maps will be used due to lack of time, all used maps are stock LSA or TLD maps.

Aetius

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Awesome news Aetius! Congratulation on your completion of this very interesting mod!

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:58 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Aetius wrote (View Post):
I'm ready to release the Radzymin '44 mod, i've contacted Mooxe to upload the mod.

No new maps will be used due to lack of time, all used maps are stock LSA or TLD maps.

Aetius

Right on time for the summer! Very Happy

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:19 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Great news Aetius!

killertiger100

Rep: 11.1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:07 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

I can't download with Google disk in China

Hasky

Rep: 2.4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:32 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Hello everyone!))
I can not find a graphics mod for Soviet tanks for Radzymin44. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the author.

Aetius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:44 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

To my knowledge there is no separate soviet tanks graphic mod for the LSA Radzymin'44 mod.

But the entire LSA Radzymin '44 mod can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16wFqoMzMqLGJN6m3qovB0eFnsQWcySaR/view?usp=sharing

paratmar

Rep: 34
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:42 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0I82I-226M In this video, you will learn about the battles near the Polish city of Siedlce, Soviet tankers from the 50th Separate Guards Heavy Breakthrough Tank Regiment fought with the German SS Viking Panzer Division.

Aetius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:45 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, some great footage in there.
Pitty i don't understand russian, looks a very detailed docu.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:03 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

CCS download @ http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=NewDownloadsDate&selectdate=1641171753

Direct link with installer source @ http://www.closecombatseries.net/downloads/LSA/mods/

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:21 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Thank you Mooxe for the installer!

Thank you Aetius for the mod!

Pzt_Kanov

votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:11 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Thanks for the mod. I have been enjoying it for the last couple weeks.

As soviets the Panthers are scary, at the distances found in the maps they are kings! having a IS-2 is no guarantee of ruling the battlefield. The 3. SS Totenkopf is a thorn on my side. Not to mention the HG Panzer division! and I have yet to face the 5. SS Wiking  Sad

As Germans playing the counter attack campaign it feels challenging with soviet tank brigades deep in your lines.

I appreciate the better infantry cover and survivability, it is difficult to see them as it should and it is somewhat hard to kill them with small arms, at least compared to normal CC5-present. Infantry can hide in open areas in crop fields and high grass without everyone instantly seeing them.

I don't know much about this operation, but it has make me interested to learn more. As I understand, as soviets I have to reach the bridges not paint the whole map green.

Looking forward to more eastern front mods/campaigns!

Thanks again!

Aetius

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:13 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Glad you like the mod,

The soviets wouldn't risk a frontal assault on Warsaw, they where too depleted after figting for months since the beginning of Bagration.
A bridgehead over the Vistula was already established south of Warsaw (further south of the mod stratmap so not in the mod).
This whole operation was focussed on capturing the bridges at Zegrze and Serock (north of Warsaw), if the soviet operation would succeed to establish a bridgehead over the Vistula/Narev river north of Warsaw the german divisions east of the river would be cut from supplies and a operation to encircle Warsaw could be mounted.

IS-2 tanks in mod timeframe where early types with KV hull so easier to knock out than IS-2's later in the war.

I'm updating the mod in the next couple of weeks, panther will be a little weaker and AT guns will be stronger in next version, if you found bugs or have suggestions please let me know.

Aetius

Last edited by Aetius on Wed May 18, 2022 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:06 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Just love this mod! I too found the counter attack by the Germans much more challenging.

I hope you aren't weakening the Panthers for the sake of game play! My research says that from ballistic tests by the British, there is the equivalent of 177mm armor on the upper front glacis plate. Not sure on the turret.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Pzt_Kanov

votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:09 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Yes I agree on the Panthers, IMO they are just right and there are not that many out there so it makes the german armored battlegroups really scary as it should be. But you are the creators and you must follow your views and make something you would like to play yourself.

Suggestions? I don't have many I think it is a very well made mod in playability and its graphics, perhaps take a look at the heavy weapons within the squads, as some like the flamethrowers and LMG end up in the hands of the leader at least on the soviet side. Also I saw an Heavy machine gun once while in combat, it looked like a rifle and it didn't have the normal MG graphic you see on the soldier's hands, will try to find out which one it was.

On playability, I don't know exactly how the borrowing of teams works but sometimes I can only borrow 3 teams from the reserve battlegroup. I'm just beginning the campaign so this has not been a problem for me as all BG's still have plenty of units left.

At first I was mad that my soviet tanks seemed to have very bad aim but then I realized that it is needed for game play, besides in the real combat stories I've read it's always one Panther destroying several T-34's and after a while I realize the aim is not so bad, you still get some kills when you must. I really like how lone tanks are really defenseless, they are as good as gone if you send them by themselves you need proper infantry cover.

By the way are the vehicles repainted from original Atomic made vehicles or are they original? the Panther reminds me the one from CC4 but of course much better looking with that camo.

Very good work!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: