Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:47 am Post subject: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

The definitive versions of TLD and WAR Der Kessel mods v 1.0 are available to download on this site.
There are some minor changes/updates from the beta versions so, if you have already download the beta, I suggest to download and install the definitive version (after you have uninstalled the beta).

Note: if you own both TLD and WAR, I suggest to download and to play the TLD version because there are commanders photos on it (in WAR, for coding reasons, I’m obliged to delete them).  

Here the links:
TLD Der Kessel v 1.0
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4243

WAR Der Kessel v 1.0
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4244

Drizzt

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:45 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

Thank you Drizzt!

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:20 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

Yea thanks Drizzt, much appreciated.  Now is PJ's chance to have another meltdown about his mod.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
Yea thanks Drizzt, much appreciated.  Now is PJ's chance to have another meltdown about his mod.

:D

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:39 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

I just checked one battle with romanians tonight, I liked the uniforms, rank tiles, nice work!

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:23 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

Ur conversion is really smooth Drizzt. No crashes as of yet and have gone through a fairly decent number of turns. Nice graphics also.

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:05 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

I did a simple modification to the "Sound.sfx" file if anyone is interested; I changed the wave file that you hear when starting a battle over to the default "drum roll" sound; no more Hitler speech\music combo at the start of every battle.

This "example" is for the default installation directory for Wacht am Rhein:
Extract the file to: "C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein\Der_Kessel\LOCALFX"; overwrite the current file; back up the original file if you wish to do so.

WAR Der Kessel (Modded Sound.sfx).zip
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6QC5rN_ra-jSE5xb1RtTkx5elU

GeneralSauce

Rep: 39.3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:34 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

Ok thanks.  After this ill post in other forum only and ill copy this over too.   So just to be clear, when i start a map if i have a vehicle that can't be moved and just aimlessly spins around and never gets anywhere, or is in a spot where no matter which way i say to go, it says "no clear path", these two 'problems' are part of the normal play of the frozen maps?  Im not complaining, i fricking Loves these mods, i just want to know if its something that is intended or not.  it never happened to me in kharkov mod, just der kesse and stalingrad.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:02 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

In your example, probably the vehicle has appeared (or you have put it during deployment phase) in a map point where is impossible to exit/maneuver for it (the kind of terrain around the vehicle it doesn't permit it to move).
Actually, what you describe it has never been a common/real problem in my (old) campaigns.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:26 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

Strange.   Happens almost everytime.  If there are 5 vehicles or more, usually 1 does it.  And i can see it happening on the other side when im playing the AI.  i have a recording of it on my phone.  The other day it actually happened to one of my teams of soldiers, not a vehicle.  Didn't matter which way i told it to move.  Any ideas?

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:04 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

GeneralSauce wrote (View Post):
If there are 5 vehicles or more, usually 1 does it.  And i can see it happening on the other side when im playing the AI.

So, if it's not always the same vehicle/tank model that it fails to move properly, obviously it's not a mod problem, considering the fact that 5 out of 6 move in a normal way (as you said). It's just a terrain issue.
In Stalingrad mod there is no snow, but it's anyway full of debris/wreckage (so it's normal what you describe).
About IA, it never changes the random position of its teams given at the beginning of the battle, so it's totally normal that some of its tanks/vehicles can't move properly if they are casually placed in a problematic kind of terrain.
Finally, I have never seen this issue related to soldier teams (maybe you have a corrupted installation). Anyway remember that soldier teams don't always obey orders.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:53 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

Ok thanks for your time.  i'll try a reinstall.  i just think there' be more wrong with the game play if it was corrupt, but you never know.  anyway, damn good mods regardless!

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:27 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

You should do a completely clean new install, not a simple reinstall: corrupted installations often need this method. Copy and paste all your mod/TLD save files in a safe place, before to do what I'm going to suggest. Uninstall all mods and uninstall TLD, then delete every folder related to TLD (even if empty) remaining. Finally, reinstall all.

Berger

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:18 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

Bug: playing in TLD sometimes the game crashes with the russian airstrike.

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:58 am Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

Would love to see an update to this mod compatible with newer versions.

JohanvanO

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:10 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

Der Kessel has always been my favorite CC mod, however even before the latest patch for TLD/WAR I remember the mod crashing at the end of battles sometimes (like 1 in 6 battles).

After I started playing again recently it crashes at the end of single player battles ~25% of the time and ~65% of the time in multiplayer battles (and rarely during battles, not related to the airstrike crash I think).

I have tried clean installations of both the game and mod, multiple pc's, compatibility settings etc. It seems to me to be an issue in the mod itself, or maybe compatibility with the latest game patch.

Has anyone got an idea about what the issue could be and how it could be fixed? I would love to play a multiplayer campaign with a friend but having to replay each battle 2-4 times is making it very hard to enjoy the mod.

Thanks

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:11 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

JohanvanO welcome to CCS.

Unfortunately there are no players working on this mod any longer. You could try the CC5 version but I think you may have the same experience. I know how frustrating it can be, crashing occurs in ALL versions at varying rates and there is no solution.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Berger

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:47 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

maybe the new 5.50.34 fix the crash

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12324

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: TLD/WAR Der Kessel Mod v 1.0 Official Download Reply with quote

Hopefully the patch helps....

Is there any error messages?

Is it always at the end of battle or during?

If/when during battle is it when a vehicle is destroyed or when there is an air strike for examples?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: