Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1239
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:58 am Post subject: Der Kessel: The end Reply with quote

It is a moment of absolute sadness for me, but I have to tell you that the development of Stalingrad:Der Kessel is over.

In other terms, DER KESSEL IS DEAD.

I have been working for this mod for more than 18 months. I really believe that this could have been something unique in CC. I had painted and coded 14 maps of a new,winter,style which did notnot exist before. Everything was OK. Exepting something,somewhere...

This something, somewhere,, I am still convinced that some people in the CC comunity, could help to fix. BUT, NEVER, NEVER, anyone of them (especially the people who developped this bloody shit Stratedit soft.........)has offered help. i KNOW rthat someone, somewhere,could openmy CC5.exeto find out what is wrong inside.

You don't want? OK, I give up.

I will just finish this message by saying "Many Many thanks to all of you who -unfortunately without any success- offered some helpand support during these tough 4 last weeks. I will forget a lot of them, but Iwould like to tell to Dima, Lord4war (Oh,we did not always have good relations,guy,butanyway...), Sapa, Cheesecake, SeniorDrill, Tejszd and a lot of others (once again,I apologise to forget you) that I really appreciated their help offer.

JUst one last thing: Don't think that I give up withouit serious reasons: I have been trying for more than one month now, to fix the issue. I have TRIED EVERYTHING which was humanly possible and imaginable. The problem was:

1) I have been -and I will never know why- victim of this famous but never-fixed issue which crashes all the simple battles inCC mods.
2)People who developed the moding programs never offered me help.
3) Perhaps my mod was not well received.....????????

Anyway, it is over now. Bye to all. I am leaving at this second the CC comunity. It is sad, tough,terrible, but I prefer that rather than becoming mad.

With my best regards to all of you
Panzerjäger

THE END

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

oh come on pzjäger, dont do that to us and your own work!!!!!

Well i can imagine how disappointing it is to work on an issue quite hard, and loosing ones teeth on the salvation of one particular problem, while capable modders/programmers would need only one sec to solve it...

Anyway dear Pzjäger, i just started modding recently, have no professions in programming or anything with computers, except autodidaxy... it took me 3 hours last time to change a couple of BGs for my own mod idea, but it worked...
(The beginning is half of the whole, said Aristotle)

Regarding your CC5.exe problem i cant help, but i can offer help regarding historical data... Thats what i have, thats what i give!
I hope the next years many of us will prove themselves capable of modding sth., so that the community grows and an interactive and agitative Help-support system could emerge for the sake of Modding plethora!

Please dont leave the CC Comunity, please DONT STOP YOUR WORK! Please
ask again and i know somebody will help ya...

As i said for history-quest you can count me in and maybe i couple of years i
professionalized my modding skills and can help you even more...

SO PLEASE DONT STOP, DUDE - You're a PZJÄGER... Dont resignate if a
KV1 takes 60 shells of your 5cm pak! Take up your Hohlhaftladung and blow it into tank heaven... The CC Community needs people like you and i think
if enough users join my petition for revitalizing DER KESSEL, you will recieve
help from any direction:

Therefore Petition for the survival and techincal support for "Der Kessel"
starts here:

1) Pzjäger
2) PolemarchosI.

To brave men few words are as good as many

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:51 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

last thing u can try is uploading it.coz the data u offered me was minimal,and u need to be able to cross reference many things.so hop to uploading the whole thing maps and all.
with the mod tools we just have to be thankful they have been made.some were made some time ago and the people have moved on.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is possible some how I will support you Panzerjäger with your efforts to create such a promising mod!

Don't stop. Or at least give some interested modding guys the possibility to complete it for you if they want.

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

Arg0n

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn right. I want to see Der Kessel live. If you give up now months of work are ruined. I mean holy s*** 18 months, one and a half year! If we want to keep CC alive we must not give up! I offer my help if necesary i can dig trough docs about history and help.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

funny to read that actually...reminds me what Sapa told after everybody began to find bugs/mistakes in his BoB.

and as Tejzd pointed: PPL bitchinf coz of feedback...PPL bitching coz of no feedback...PPL bitching Very Happy .

anyway if u really wanted it to be fixed u had to upload it to CCS or just to send it to someone who offered help...w/o files noone really can help ya...only guess.

Quote:
1) I have been -and I will never know why- victim of this famous but never-fixed issue which crashes all the simple battles inCC mods.

if simple=single then who told u it was never fixed...check GJS,Stalingrad,Meuse.

Quote:

show me someone whom they offered Wink .Doubt that any of those guys still with CC Community.

Quote:

perhaps u didn't offer it that well...??

if u wanted to make it for community but gave up, upload files u made and let someone finish it instead of u(i bet there will be alot of valonteers).

But it'd be better if u just ask mooxe to have a dedicated forum for Der Kessel mod to discuss all the things, maybe ftp space so u can upload latest files and have Der Kessel team that will help u.

anyway all is up to u Wink .

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If you cannot upload them, send the filez zipped via MSN. My MSN is mooxe [at] hotmail [dot] com

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

hwoarang77

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh..no...i'm looking forward to release that mod T_T i love maps for Der

Kessel...How wonderful snowy mpas!! Can i try that mod?? Plz upload

ftp.closecombatseries.net anyone....plz~~

Static

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i (for one...and i know im not alone) was really looking forward to this mod as a continuation of the stalingrad mod. im signing this ad-hoc petition in the hope that you will have a change of heart after a few days cooling off away from the computer. its pointless and counterproductice to throw away so much hard work and artistic effort and i think everyone else agrees. have some of the experienced modders (who are posting on this thread right now) take a look at ALL your files and im certain that the bugs and problems will be ironed out in no time. we support you...dont give up!

-static

"War is a crime. Ask the infantry and ask the dead."
-Ernest Hemingway

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
funny to read that actually...reminds me what Sapa told after everybody began to find bugs/mistakes in his BoB.

and as Tejzd pointed: PPL bitchinf coz of feedback...PPL bitching coz of no feedback...PPL bitching Very Happy .

anyway if u really wanted it to be fixed u had to upload it to CCS or just to send it to someone who offered help...w/o files noone really can help ya...only guess.

Quote:

if simple=single then who told u it was never fixed...check GJS,Stalingrad,Meuse.

Quote:

show me someone whom they offered Wink .Doubt that any of those guys still with CC Community.

Quote:

perhaps u didn't offer it that well...??

if u wanted to make it for community but gave up, upload files u made and let someone finish it instead of u(i bet there will be alot of valonteers).

But it'd be better if u just ask mooxe to have a dedicated forum for Der Kessel mod to discuss all the things, maybe ftp space so u can upload latest files and have Der Kessel team that will help u.

anyway all is up to u Wink .

Well Mr Dima, here you have another great opportunity to hop in and finnish other peoples work and get the credits for it!The difference between you and me is that when there is a new mod relese ill give it a long try before i start oppening the Datas and look for if the Mp 40 has 2 rounds to much than the historical one.....but we are all different!...and you wonder why people give up!!

Mats Sad

HistoryTeaches

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

nooooooooooooooooo

keep the mod alive Crying or Very sad

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

but u didn't give up after all, sapa!

i hope Pzjager will not do it either Very Happy.

And actually i had time to study files bfr i began to give feedback to ya Wink.

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well Mr Dima, here you have another great opportunity to hop in and finnish other peoples work and get the credits for it!

btw what u mean by that?

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and quit you cry baby.........

:cry1 :chienbattu :cry2

Gunnar

Rep: 6.7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:42 pm Post subject: stalingrad Reply with quote

like all the others I can imagine that your frustation has risen. Please upload your files so that other people can help you out.

T

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

He dont want to upload his files.

And those beautyfull maps of his?
Sounds like they are headed to the trash,never to be played .

PUSS

Yea i'm being hard on him,but give me a break.
I have been trying to import a new strat map for CCIV for what?7-8 months.
I only get little help from a few friends and unlike Jager,I have noone around who has ever done it.

He on the other hand has 'ALOT" of people willing to help him but wont upload his files.

So go on Jager,go cry yourself to sleep tonight,who knows maybe all this will lead to massive depression and require years of therapy. Laughing

PUSS

caribacey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad, sad. With nothing for others to work with, there is nothing to give help on. Tis essential that you get someone, a friend, a work colleague, someone, to help you get a ftp program working.

SA_Acey

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You're giving up? What kind of a soldier are you?

Prove Platoon_Michael wrong and get back to the front. We're all here to keep this great game alive. Don't be a quiter, the CC Gods do not favor quiters.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzjager,

If you can get the files to Mooxe via email or to the ftp a lot of us will gladly do some digging/testing. It would be a shame to lose what you have done so far.....

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all;

And many thanks for your morale support.

However, reading your messages, my feeling is really that you imagine that I gave up after one or two hours of frustuation.....NO, guys, I have been working on fixing the issue during 5 full weeks, I would almost say day and night... So, my decision is made and is irrevocable.

Regarding uploading the files, I really believe that there is a misunderstanding here: OF COURSE I AM OK to offer the files to anybody in the CC community who wants to have a look. BUT no way for me to send these files via this bullshit ftp: I have tried last monday to install that on my computer and now the computer is out of service... Completly crashed. And the bill will be huge.

Unless someone sends me the right program to install and explains me, STEP BY STEP, what I have to do, I will not retry to install this bullshit on my PC.
Is that clear?

The best is that someone of you who already has this ftp working on his PC sends me by PM his name and adress: I will be glad to send him a CD with all the files.

Just one last thing: some of you have requeted to receive the files by E-Mail. It is not possible to send by this way files bigger than 20MB. You perfectly know that Screengadget, dor example is 25 MB...

Sorry, but I need your help. Without it, the files will remain in my PC and the KESSEL will stay dead.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: