Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
stratweg

Rep: 35.9
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:36 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

It's also work for vehicles with RtB tool (attached image). At this time, I just modified the hull, not vanilla turret (Bradley vehicle have now a french VBCI HULL)

This VBCI has no correct length, I will do better work later : it was just a technical test (attached is the image of VBCI un WSPMBT, I used this graph)

Very cool features : the WSPMBT graphs work perfect in CCMT, you have just to rework them a little bit about size.

Thanks again for help, ScnelleMeyer, RtB works fine for vehicles

The pb is now the amount of work ! Laughing  

Does the modifications requires to modify all 17 files in a TEX ? (I just modified the first and it works in game, but perhaps I am wrong and I have to modify the 17 files)

If needed to modify the 17 tga of a TEX file, the addition will be hard : 17 files for hull + 17 files for turret = 34 files for "normal look" x 3 (normal look, snow look, desert look) = 102 files for each vehicle x approx 20 vehicles =  2040 files Rolling Eyes

WSPMBT_VBCI.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  153.68 KB
 Viewed:  1311 Time(s)

WSPMBT_VBCI.jpg

VBCI.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  772.34 KB
 Viewed:  1321 Time(s)

VBCI.jpg

Last edited by stratweg on Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:14 pm; edited 5 times in total

stratweg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:46 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Other question, please : After extracted the 17 tga files of the TEX file for Bradley "normal look" hull, I founded a txt file named "Hotpoint"

Here is the content of this file.

Does this content have a link with the coordinate for turrel on the hull ?
If ye, how to use it, please ?

If not :
1/ What is the function of this content ? What are the effect in case of modification of this content ?
2/ How calibrate the turrel position on the hull ? (if the new graph has heavy modification and turrel in other position than original CCMT graph)

// HotPoints table in plain ASCII for the file: aBradley_norm_hull_but.tex
// Comment lines are possible and will be ignored when repacking TEX file.
// Comment lines can start with / ; :   Blank lines will be ignored, too.
// First entry must be TEX Header-ID (single decimal value, usually 0..3)
0 // header-ID
// Next 17 lines with 4 hotpoints each. Entries can be separated by TAB, SPACE, ',' and/or ';'. Default is TAB.
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29

EDIT : Concerning the technical pb with FX-MUNGER tool, it seems that my OS and the tool have conflict : each time I try to extract content of Tanks.azp file, I have the message "out of memory" and the process stop immediatly : only a little part of the files are extracted, lot are missing (I verified that after comparizon with the result of the process with RtB tool: RtB tool extract 100% of the files)

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:15 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

"If needed to modify the 17 tga of a TEX file, the addition will be hard : 17 files for hull + 17 files for turret = 34 files for "normal aspect" x 3 (normal look, snow look, desert look) = 102 files for each vehicle Rolling Eyes"

I am not sure if more than the first of the 17 images are used ingame, but it is as simple as copying the first one and use a programme like "Bulk rename utility" to change the names of the 16 files.
To make it simple for the Snow and desert vehicles, you can just copy the normal .tex and rename to desert and snow like the stock graphic files.

The hotpoint file sets the position of the turret on the hull - its pivot point. Its counted in pixels from the top left corner of the hull graphic. X then Y. - Play around with it and you will easily see how it works. - I mean you can edit the hotpoint.txt file with Notepad.

stratweg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:26 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

ok, thanks, I will do that :wink:

EDIT : I have some ideas to create alternative objectives for CCMT, they will upgrade the interest for this CC opus : to save civilians not armes peoples (cf UN mission),  and to destroy some materials by commando actions

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:50 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

I am very much looking forward to test your ideas in the game. I was thinking of having "alternative" victory conditions for some scenarios in my Afghan-Soviet mod for CCMT as well. It can make the game a lot more interesting and give a new experience of the game overall.

stratweg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Is it a finished mod or a "in work" mod ?

If finished, would be great to get it Wink

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:13 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

It is not finished unfortunately - but a lot of work has been put into it. Btw there is AMX-10 and AMX-30 graphics in the CC5 RSR mod if you need them

stratweg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:30 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Yes, interessant. Have a link to CC5 RSR ? (I did not found it in CC5 mod list)

And question, please : have you any knowleges to convert maps of other opus in CCMT maps ? (would be interessant to have in CCMT all maps of CC5,CC TLD, CC GTC etc)

Does any tutorials exist ? And convert tool ? I saw last year something like a "tutorial scale map" in the forum but I did not remember the place where, because at this time I had no interest in CCMT modding (and I don't know if it is a usefull tutorial to convert maps)

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:21 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

OK there are tools and methods to convert any CC-map to any other game in the series. The tool you need is 5CC or you could use CC2Tools v5.02 to convert maps. - These tools have very good manuals for their use.

One thing to note is that CCMT requires that the mapgraphic is a perfect SQUARE. for maps that are not you just add black borders or whatever to make it square.

Some links specifically for converting Pitf/GtC maps - You should read everything before starting as the process was updated by other forum users;) :
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10365&t=284474
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11020&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

stratweg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:42 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Ok, thanks, I will get that to read it   Wink

I also found that:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=146

stratweg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:02 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
It is not finished unfortunately - but a lot of work has been put into it. Btw there is AMX-10 and AMX-30 graphics in the CC5 RSR mod if you need them

Have a link to CC5 RSR mod ?

Not founded in the download pages

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:13 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

RSR is in the download section: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=1263

stratweg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:31 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Ok, thanks Wink

Maps of this mod seem great, later I will try to convert  them in CCMT

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:02 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

They are already converted - at least some of them - look in my upload folder

stratweg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:52 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

ok, thanks for info

These days, I have downloaded so many files for CCMT that I haven't yet had time to look at them all in detail, I will do that in autumn and winter Laughing

stratweg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:06 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

A sample of project : To create civilian groups (not armed = without weapons), civilian cars (not armed) and civilian trucks (bus, etc) not armed

And in addition, to create special immobilized vehicules in OPFOR oob to be destroyed by ARMY commandos (It will be an alternative game goal : objective of missions will be to destroy these vehicles, or other objects made with modified graphs : ammo depots, etc)

screen-CIVILIANS.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.08 MB
 Viewed:  1220 Time(s)

screen-CIVILIANS.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:00 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Interesting concept. In the US Marines version of CCMT - Close Combat Marines Anti-Terrorism (CCMAT) there was civillians, that could turn out to be opfor in disguise and suicide bombers and suicide cars (SVBIED's) Also there was claymores and a scripting system for missions allowing for quite advanced scenarios.

stratweg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:52 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

I am also working to vampirize a USMC LVT to transform it in helico (with high transport capacity + very high velocity). I founded on the forum very nice shared helicos images and I will use them. Only pb : I did not noticed the name of author of these old graphs (for credits). If he recognize his work, he will has to contact me for credit.

These helicos will be used to build special mission with special objectives/conditions, and will upgrade the interest of CCMT I think.

I will also add "medical vehicles" with a house rule for human player : a unit that have wounded mens may not move if not in the green or yellow circle of a medical unit.

corsair

Rep: 45
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:33 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Hello to both of you

Because I am French and I am old enough to have made my 12 service months in the French army in the 90's
I would be very happy to help if you need.....
I have some experience of modding CC even I am not an expert.
One remark:
You can't have VBCI in the game and soldiers using FSA 49/56.
This rifle has been removed from inventory at the beginning of the 90's.
If you want to have real modern French equipment as of today then soldiers shall have at least Famas or even the HK rifle.
(that is just an example)
Cheers

stratweg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:06 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Hello, I am french too Wink

Quand même dingue qu'on en arrive à parler Anglais entre français    Twisted Evil

Thanks for military infos, at this time I am thinking about to add transport helicos in game (Cougar or Puma)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: