Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
stratweg

Rep: 35.9
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:44 pm Post subject: A little Excel tool to modify data "Weapons" in CC Reply with quote

Learning to mod this game, with the great help of Schnellemeyer Wink , I  have seen some complaints of players on the forum (I have collected all principal posts to study tips, etc), because of a lack of realism for some data parameters (in particular range effects)

And working about my french mod and Gaza mod, I noticed also that in fact, to modify date parameters of weapons is more easy thant it appers.
Why ?

Because lot of weapons slots are in reality not used in the oob "ARMY" (blue).

I noticed that when I builded for my own usage a little Excel tool that allows to create a generic/synthetic oob.

For "ARMY BLUE", you have juste to modify 32 slot of weapons.
I classified these slot in great types : SNIPERS RIFLES, AGL, RPG, AT, ASSAULT RIFLES, etc and I extracted their values from date book in a excel page with specific disposition and colors that make use more easy to modify datas
And after modifications, you have just to copy the modified datesin "weapons" correspondig lines

Attached is this little tool
You may juste use the green lines : red lines  are unusable because dev has not implementer complete data for them : there are a lot of weapons but only some are used, a very few number in reality, and their parameters are not so different from each others

The tool allows to save lot of time, because colors are adapted to better see where are the datas and what they are : in some seconds, you see exactly what you have to modify to create generic weapons.

At this time, I just builded the tool for BLUE ARMY because it is the more interessant side tio play in asymetric battles (few troops vs large ennemy oob)

To allow a more difficult games Vs IA Opfor, I plane to reduce a little bit ranges and other datas of weapons of Blue army, but not datas of OPFOR  : so, I have just to work the Blue army oob and not the Opfor oob  that will stay in vanilla situation except some additions of units

With some adaptations, CCMT becomes very interessant to be played. If in addition you give some arty/mortars to AI, games become very challenging.

CCMT has qualities for becoming a better "vs IA game" : with the very large amount of maps  that work with, I think it's really the best opus of the serie. Too bad that so few players play it  Rolling Eyes

TOOL_WEAPONS.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TOOL_WEAPONS.rar
 Filesize:  360.33 KB
 Downloaded:  44 Time(s)

stratweg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:44 am Post subject: Re: A little Excel tool to modify data "Weapons" i Reply with quote

Another question, please, about a thing that is not very clear in data book

Data book uses very oft the term of "AP"

1/ Databook uses this term  "AP" in "SOLDIERS" (col 12,17, 22, 27 & 32) : Here, AP means Anti personnel ammo => It is absolutly certain because the notes in these col say : Number of anti personell (ball ammo) ammo clips

2/ Databook uses this term "AP" in "WEAPONS" (col 25,30,35,45,50,55,60,65,70,75,80,85,90, etc) : My question is that : in these col, does the terms "AP" means :

A/ Antipersonell ammo ?
B/ Armored Piercing ammo (AT)  ?

The question is important because searching on Google for "AP Ammo", I had this result : AP ammo = Armored piercing ammo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armour-piercing_ammunition

I think the answer A/ is correct for CCMT Databook (in CCMT, AP= anti personnel ammo), but I would prefer to be sure of that

EDIT I am pretty sure that A/ is correct because this sample :
M-16A4 5.56mm Rifle (line 17 in "WEAPONS" has only ammo AP, no other ammo types : so, AP means obligatory antipersonell in CCMT)

But confirmation would be usefull (always my english translation problems : damned english langage ! Twisted Evil

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: A little Excel tool to modify data "Weapons" i Reply with quote

The ammunition type possibility for a rifle or machinegun in the game would be AP. For a real life rifle there is a possibility to fire several types, but mainly Ball , which are standard lead rouns and Armour Piercing rounds which are harder and have better penetration of armour and other cover.
In the game all rifle ammunition is AP- Or just cold, non explosive projectiles with a certain penetration value in mm of Armour plate. - If you code the rifle penetration data to use ball ammunition or Armour Piercing ammunition is up to you.

stratweg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:51 pm Post subject: Re: A little Excel tool to modify data "Weapons" i Reply with quote

Ok, thanks : very clear =>  CCMT mechanism is more highly flexible than I though  Cool

stratweg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:12 pm Post subject: Re: A little Excel tool to modify data "Weapons" i Reply with quote

Another data question, please  (always pb of english translation)

What means (Col : 86 and after in VEHICLES")

Turret Armor Top Low : Top, I understand (cf : these words : "view on top" means we view something "on top". ok). But what may be top low ? Low is contradictory with top... Top is high, what is a top low ?  Is "top  low" the lowest part of the high of the turret ?

Turret Armor Top Med =  ?
Turret Armor Top High =  ?

Turret Armor Bottom Low        =  ?
Turret Armor Bottom Med =  ?
Turret Armor Bottom High = same pb here : what may be bottom high ? High is contradictory with bottom : bottom is low. What is a "bottom high" ? [b]Is bottom high the highest part of the bottom of the turret ? [/b]

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:13 am Post subject: Re: A little Excel tool to modify data "Weapons" i Reply with quote

This is a good question. I have an image that will explain it very well. Its posted on the forums here. I will try to find it for you...

stratweg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:16 am Post subject: Re: A little Excel tool to modify data "Weapons" i Reply with quote

Ok, thanks  Wink

I think the image you say may probably be something like that :
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/b214b4/part_ii_of_my_penetration_chart_t7_tanks_how_i/

or that

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/tgcixy/top_tier_mbt_armor_protection_and_survivability/?rdt=40524

I obtenaid these links after entering that in my "google my friend"  Rolling Eyes :  Turret Armor Top Low    Turret Armor Top Med    Turret Armor Top High    Turret Armor Bottom Low   Turret Armor Bottom Med   Turret Armor Bottom High

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:20 am Post subject: Re: A little Excel tool to modify data "Weapons" i Reply with quote

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11457&highlight=armor

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:23 am Post subject: Re: A little Excel tool to modify data "Weapons" i Reply with quote

Illustration

armor_angles_cc_data_123.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  188.33 KB
 Viewed:  573 Time(s)

armor_angles_cc_data_123.png

stratweg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:57 pm Post subject: Re: A little Excel tool to modify data "Weapons" i Reply with quote

Thanks for image and thread : very clear and highly usefull to know  Wink

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

Jump to: