Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:54 pm Post subject: Re: Map scaling tutorial Reply with quote

I thought you wanted the maps and that was it.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:43 am Post subject: Re: Map scaling tutorial Reply with quote

My bad. I was just wondering why CCS had PITF maps, but not LSA maps. What do I know anyway? I am definitely not in the loop.  Laughing

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:44 pm Post subject: Re: Map scaling tutorial Reply with quote

I forgot to mention, that I am fine with a handful of CC2 up-scaled maps. Only thing, I used a 125% scaling option, so in that case the maps did have to be re-coded.

stratweg

Rep: 35.9
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:58 pm Post subject: Re: Map scaling tutorial Reply with quote

CITATION :
If you want to convert a map from GTC/PITF to any other CC title - the only change in this process is that you substitute 16 for 10 in textfile (See step 3)
END OF CITATION

Ok, that' what I want to try : to take a GTC map and convert it to be playable with CCMT.

If I repeat your process, with inversion (from GTC map to CCMT map), I do that :

1. Download 5CC (newest version as of writing is v1.22)

2. We will work on a copy so - Copy the map you want to modify to a seperate folder.
In my example : I take the map N° 15 from GTC, named  Map15 (I want to use this map in CCMT) : it’s a square map

3. Open (the concerned map), change the top line from 10 to 16 and save
As you said above, I do not change from 10 to 16 but from 16 to 10

4. Open 5CC and open (tne concerned map). - Pay attention to the pop-up box and note down the dimensions 5CC expected. rn5. Click "No". - You do not want to proceed.
Ok : I obtain this message : Expected 2400 x 2400  but 3840 x3840 loaded
I click “no” (as you said)

Note : You missed a step 5, but I think it has no importance

6. Open initial map (in my case : Map15), change the 16 back to 10 (Reversing step 3) - Save.
Here, explanation are not clear (for a beginner), there is a logical doubt (confusion risk)
Do I have to apply this step 6 or not ?
In other terms :
Do I have to let the map with 10 ?
Do I have to change front 10 to 16 (reverse of step 3)

If I have to apply the reverse of step 3, I think I have to change 10 back to 16. Ok, I choice to apply (in doubt, I use the process you described, but with inversion : you say that the only change in process in inversion 10/16)

7. Open 5CC and the concerned map again. Go to Actions - Set scale - Graphics scaling.
OK, no pb with that

8. Plot in the dimensions you noted down in step 4 and click scale
In my example, what I have to enter is 2400 in each box

9. A roof warning could pop up during scaling. - Click cancel this.
Ok, no pb with that

10. Go to Actions - Set scale : Change this from 5 to 8 pixels pr.meter.
Ok, I do that (but I have to say that the scale is already at 8 when I open the windows…)

11. Save

Note : I think we  would have to generate los  : if not, the program doe not generate a LOS file. But you say nothing about this, it may create confusion : do we have to generate LOS after this re-scaling  or not ?

In conclusion : when I follow th described  process, with inversion of “command”, I obtain strange results in CCMT with the converted map (Map15 from GTC).
In some cases, the map does not appears at all in CCMT editor
In some case, the map appears, but with psychadelic colors
In some case, map appears with correct colors but when I use it to build a scenario, I receive a message that say : map is corrupted.

I certainly missed something but I have to say that explanations you have given are clear only to convert from CCMT to GTC, and not clear for a beginner in the inverse process (from GTC to CCMT)
Could you please give step by step this inverse process ? => I would be able to  test to verify if it work really. In this case, I will write a specific quick guide lot of more detailed than you did here, a guide like the one I did for the resizing map guide (with very detailed steps and images for each step, and I will write separately the 2 process : from CCMT to GTC, and from GTC to CCMT), in pedagogic  vision.

I think this kind of guide will be usefull for all beginners in modding      Wink

I will integrate this guide in the futur quick guide I prepear : Guide to convert maps with 5CC TOOL and conversion tables + quick guide to explain the basic commands to operate little and minors modifications on existing maps (for example : to erase barbed vires in some places, etc = simple and basic editing operations).

This guide will have 3 parts :
1- To convert "old system maps" (from CC3,4,5) to CCMT (and reverse) with 5CC Tool and conversion tables
2- To convert "new coding system maps" from GTC/PITF to CCMT (and reverse) with 5CC Tool
3- To operate little and minor editing actions on maps with 5cc Tool

With the quick resizing guide + this new guide in 3 parts, all beginners in modding will be able to work easely in CC modding.

If guides are not made, the knowledges will be lost  and not shared, and number of CC modders will be lower each year

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: Map scaling tutorial Reply with quote

Some additional information here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10365&t=284474

stratweg

Rep: 35.9
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:22 pm Post subject: Re: Map scaling tutorial Reply with quote

Ok, thanks  Wink  

Another heavy problem is that there is no conversion table (GTC/PITF -> to CCMT) in 5cc Tool

Finally, the conversion CC3/CC4/CC5 to CCMT is very easy and quick + really securized after resizing (to have square maps) and using conversion tables that are provided in 5ccTool (data bulk replacements function), but more difficult is the conversion GTC/PITF -> to CCMT due to :

1- Re-scaling process needed (with risk of pb with maps in CCMT) : GTC/PITF maps seems be coded in very different way than "classic" maps for CC3/CC4/CC5/CCMT
2- Lack of conversion tables GTC/PITF -> to CCMT (5CCTool was made before the release of GTC/PITF, I think).

But with the "classic" conversion (CC3/CC4/CC5-> to CCMT), we have already more than 200 maps that may be used in CCMT : I downloaded in FTP Matrix and FTP CC Series all maps of mods made for CC3/CC4/CC5 (except snow maps, I can't play with because I dont' like white for my eyes), and I have 55 Go only in maps  Rolling Eyes (97 Go for the total of all CC files)

I will use these maps to create scenarios with my generic mod when completed, and with this generic mod, I will be able to create then thematic mods (it's more easy to quick modify a generic base with few kinds of weapons (standardization) than to have to modify 100 kinds of weapons).

I plane for future times Falkland's war mod, Middle East mod, etc

CCMT is not a dead game... Razz  With adapted settings in oob ARMY and OPFOR (reduced lethality and ranges), it's  in my opinion the better opus : CC5 is a good game but I prefer highly CCMT

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: