Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1226
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:53 am Post subject: Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released. Reply with quote

Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released.

Installer available in the CCseries LSA downloads section

New in V3.01
-Added intro, campaign and day to day videos (huge thanks to Kanov for his professional work on these)
-Added new Soviet voices for guard units (thanks to Kanov)
-Added new effects file (thanks to Kanov)
-All units and BG's reworked based on more historical research
-60% maps have been replaced by PiTF maps
-Defined victory conditions based on Pete's Rhineland files, see spreadsheet in the "EXTRAS" folder of your Radzymin44V3.01 install
-Elements file adjusted for less cover
-Data adjustments based on player feedback
-New weapon icons based on "CCV_World_War_2_Weapons_Icons_Library"
-Added tanks to each Soviet rifle battlegroup (each Soviet army had a tank regiment for close infantry support)
-Updated campaigns, operations and battles
-Added dual weapons for some veteran German soldiers in elite units (captured PPSh-41 SMG for short range and Rifle for mid to long range)
-Updated shadows
-Updated tank graphics
-SU-76M can fire MG fire sideways for defence

Thanks to:
Kanov for making the intro and campaign videos, guards soviet voices, effects file, beta testing, constructive criticism and data advice.
Steve McClaire for updating LSA to V6.00.05 and taking the time to answer questions in the matrixgames forums.
Argilas for researching BG commander names and images; guiding me through the unbelievable maze of german ranks, waffenfarbe and uniforms; beta testing; constructive criticism; and data advice.
Pete for historical research advice and letting me use his Rhineland victory condition files as a framework.
SchnelleMeyer for the original elements file, advice and support.
Dima for historical info and data advice.
Manoi for letting me use stuff from the stalingrad mod.
GameRat and Cathartes for letting me use data and a few gun sounds from the GJS9.9 mod.
Hicks for letting me use some gun sounds from his LSA soundmod.
RD Steiner for constructive criticism, beta testing and data advice.
Strike for beta testing and helping me make the installer steam compatible.
Schmal_Turm for constructive criticism and data advice.
Paratmar for research, data advice and beta testing.
SouthernLand who made the stock LSA and PiTF maps.
Mooxe for hosting the mod and keeping the ccseries site online.
Mafi and other toolmakers, without their superb tools cc modding would be impossible.

Very special thanks:
Dookola Rzeszy, author of 2 very detailed articles about the battle for Siedlce and the tank battle at Radzymin, V3.01 of this mod is based on those 2 articles.
Both articles are in Polish but can be translated in chrome:

https://www.dookolarzeszy.pl/2021/01/iss-panzer-regiment-3-totenkopf-w.html?lr=1
https://www.dookolarzeszy.pl/2021/06/walki-pod-okuniewem-najwieksze-bitwa.html

Have fun

Please report bugs and comments in the Radzymin bugs and mistakes thread on the CCseries forums or on the discord channel.

Aetius

Last edited by Aetius on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:37 pm Post subject: Re: Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released. Reply with quote

The last time I updated either LSA or the Radzymin mod, I lost all the previous games I had either finished or was working on. I am not sure which one deleted all my previous games. Since I am enjoying the best I have ever done with over a 10 to 1 kill ratio as the Germans, I am going to finish it before I update to Version 3 lest I lose that one. Does the new V3 mod actually act like a separate game from the V2 so that I have two different versions to play?

This is by far my favorite mod!!! The addition of the maps from PitF should make it like a more interesting game, or at least a different variant than V2.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Aetius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:35 am Post subject: Re: Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released. Reply with quote

V3.0 installs as a seperate mod, V2.01 will remain installed.
Weird you've lost all of your ongoing campaigns, they arent even deleted when you uninstall the mod.

Normally ongoing games are stored in your documents folder on your C drive, for Radzymin V2.01 this should be:
C:\Users\*INSTALLNAME*\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatLastStandArnhem\Mods\Radzymin44v2.01\Games\Save

reconscout

Rep: 60.5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:00 am Post subject: Re: Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released. Reply with quote

Thank you

that which does not kill you makes you stronger

Aetius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:57 am Post subject: Re: Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released. Reply with quote

V3.01 Installer in CCseries download section has been updated with correct jadow.btd file, but if you installed V3.01 before 30/11/20, you will need to read following text:

There's an error in the jadow.btd file causing the game to display an error when the jadow map is played.
Please replace the jadow.btd file in your radzyminV3.01 maps folder (typically C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem\Radzymin44v3.01\MAPS) by the file in attach.
Ongoing campaigns can continue.

Jadow.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Jadow.zip
 Filesize:  438 Bytes
 Downloaded:  76 Time(s)

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:06 pm Post subject: Re: Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released. Reply with quote

I have to say that with replacing maps from PitF that the whole mod is definitely a whole new game and being very difficult to even take territory—at least if you are playing as the Germans. I have not finished the two campaigns yet, at the time I am playing the German counterattack. But it is definitely very challenging.

Not sure if it is a mistake or not but I have noticed that some of the 88s have as little as four or five for a team.

Aetius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:23 am Post subject: Re: Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released. Reply with quote

Hi Schmal_Turm,

Great you like the Pitf maps.

All 88's have a crew of 6, maybe you had a few casualties on that 88 flak gun in a previous battle, LSA doesnt automaticaly refill (unless the BG is "resting")?

tedy28

Rep: 59.9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:50 am Post subject: Re: Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released. Reply with quote

super mod i play!!!

Aetius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:46 pm Post subject: Re: Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released. Reply with quote

Thanks, Glad you like it

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:20 pm Post subject: Re: Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released. Reply with quote

I have to say Aetius that I may go crazy before I finish the campaign I am now playing. When I said that it is challenging, that was before I have been trying to take over a territory with the Russians still having fairly adequate infantry available. The last battle I was working on I thought I had the territory all locked up and then one small Russian unit managed to sneak through my lines and take a victory location to the rear of my units. When I tried to take it back I discovered a nasty surprise as it was a flame-thrower unit at that. Needless to say it didn't go well.

I am assuming that the German Wehrmacht must have experienced something similar.

Aetius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:20 am Post subject: Re: Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released. Reply with quote

Glad you find the mod challenging,
On the Radzymin discord channel there are regular posts of a very brutal and challenging H2H GC now being played, check out the casualties of that GC.

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:30 pm Post subject: Re: Radzymin V3.01 mod for LSA is released. Reply with quote

Aetius, yeah, not sure if it because of the aggressive nature brought on by your suggestions on setting the difficulty levels, but it seems that more Russian infantry units are running headlong into my tanks to try to disable them—even from relatively long distances—than I ever remember before. Not sure if that is even a general tactic by Russian units during the war. But it does make for more anxiety during any time my tanks run up to any covered position, and for more dead Russians.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: